Author Topic: [Added]Disarm civilians under spawn protection.  (Read 14818 times)

Offline Khan

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • yes im noob
[Added]Disarm civilians under spawn protection.
« on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:07 pm »
Hello all,

I don't know if this has been suggested before. but long story short. You can't damage a player under spawn protection. so they shouldn't have weapons. I have seen so many regulars standing at the spawn shooting the players that are leaving spawn who are not under spawn protection any more which only lasts a small time.

This is for civils Only. There has been so many times i have tried to leave spawn but have been shot by people who don't leave the spawn spot which means when i shoot back i get this NO SPAWN SHOOTING dialogue box come up.

Thanking you for the reading
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:23:38 pm by Jonne »
Asduhfhsuwkiduuskwnbcyaiakmbrhciaonvefyciakqngycuowonwvgyc

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
Re: [Suggestion] Disarm civilians under spawn protection.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:25 pm »
Yes we need this +1

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »
+1

Offline Barto

• VIP
  • PPLV Clan Co-Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 02:27:52 pm »
-1 with the new protection system which protect taking damage to the car I believe disarming isn't necessaire. If other teams enter the civilian spawn you need to be able to kill them without going out of spawn, lose protection, getting weapons back and then go back killing the other team at your spawn with the risk of dying at spawn because you didn't had any weapons.

Therefor I say -1

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:32:16 pm »
I like the idea, but its only good if we don't shoot other civilians who leave spawn. As Barto said, I wanna shoot any other team including the president, if they pass by or enter the civilian spawn!  ::)

Offline Khan

• VIP
  • yes im noob
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 02:41:26 pm »
if other teams come to your spawn, go out and get out of spawn protection and regain your weapons Or other solution to his problem is disallowing spawn camping. Because if you're gonna sit at spawn under spawn protection and shoot at everyone going past or leaving the spawn with them NOT being able to shoot back. Then it's unfair on the other team as you're abusing spawn protection

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 03:08:49 pm »
Nah, simply remove under spawn protection 5 seconds after leaving the spawn area or giving damage to someone.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Tounsix

• VIP

Offline Barto

• VIP
  • PPLV Clan Co-Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 03:32:15 pm »
if other teams come to your spawn, go out and get out of spawn protection and regain your weapons Or other solution to his problem is disallowing spawn camping. Because if you're gonna sit at spawn under spawn protection and shoot at everyone going past or leaving the spawn with them NOT being able to shoot back. Then it's unfair on the other team as you're abusing spawn protection

The problem I have with this is the extra steps you have to take to kill someone. When players leave spawn they have a 5 seconds delay before they lose it. This is so that can get away. I sometimes stay in spawn to discuss clan business, prepare for civilian battle with friends against president, start races and duels or just have fun with people at civilian spawn.

I can understand that some people abuse the spawn protection, but they need to be punished for that. I don't believe the suggestion your giving is the solution the the problems you experiencing.

Offline Khan

• VIP
  • yes im noob
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »
My suggestion is purely to find a solution for the abuse problem, it doesn't have to be my solution.

Why can't spawn killing be disallowed completely? Like it used to be in the old ptp. "no spawn protection means no spawn kill" gives players and automatic license to kill any player without spawn protection even if they're in the spawn area this means "spawnshooting" . And because of that, first thing the newbies and random players do after spawning is shoot around when they see others doing it.  Spawn shooting was never an issue before.

Problem with your statement is that you want to stay in the spawn protection and you also want to shoot others driving past etc. This gives you a clear advantage over the other player and i consider it abuse

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 06:53:00 pm »
That depends upon will

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 08:53:20 pm »
      civilians need weapons to kill other classes that steps in civ spawn, and I think this suggestion is mostly based on the acts of new players.
      Because when a new player joins the game he shoots anyone he sees, when he understands that others have spawn protection, he shoots the vehicles that are leaving the area, when he understand that this too, is not working, he tries to steal the vehicle, and when he steals the vehicle of another player, that player get angry, he waits for him to leave the spawn and then starts the pop-pop! and when the new player dies, he goes straight to the player that shot him, and then it never ends.
   so, I think adding a warning about spawn shooting in class selection menu can prevent such incidents.   

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 09:20:09 pm »
      civilians need weapons to kill other classes that steps in civ spawn
If u wanna kill them leave the spawn u will get ur weapon and lose the spawn protection

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 10:27:17 pm »
This may be off-topic, but how about a boundary wall around the civilian spawn with an entrance for civilians to leave so if they come back, its on their own risk, and it wouldn't be possible to shoot if anyone from the other teams are nearby, unless they get inside the spawn area.

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 10:54:01 pm »
      civilians need weapons to kill other classes that steps in civ spawn
If u wanna kill them leave the spawn u will get ur weapon and lose the spawn protection

If a civilian goes to other spawn areas, he'll be shot at from the spawn protected players. why cant civilian do the same? if we don't consider one's skills, other classes have more firepower than civilians. And also, such feature can be easily misused by other classes, others can just camp outside the civil spawn area, taking a aim, without worrying about getting shot, while civilians will be forced to go out of the protection to fire at the intruder. the time it consumes is a good advantage for that intruder. even if we consider the 5 seconds of delay after leaving the spawn, a grenade or two are sufficient to give a considerable amount of damage. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:13:23 pm by pistolstar »