Author Topic: [Added]See team chat On IRC ? Time to chg it.  (Read 10454 times)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: See team chat On IRC ? Time to chg it.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 07:53:41 am »
I have thought multiple times about “leaking teamchat info” but I can't seem to find it that much of a big deal

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 05:29:17 pm »
I dont think it's a big deal, those who abused it often got punished.

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • You think this is a game?
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 05:51:40 pm »
I have thought multiple times about “leaking teamchat info” but I can't seem to find it that much of a big deal
Exactly. -1
AruN

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 07:44:07 am »
Maybe if they're abusing it in a visible fashion, like sharing with their teammates in game. It seems to me like a low risk, high reward way of cheating to just have IRC open in another monitor to see the teamchat. How do you monitor abuse? It's like screen peeking on local multiplayer games, but it's even harder to prevent.

Offline Supreme

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 01:46:45 pm »
Maybe if they're abusing it in a visible fashion, like sharing with their teammates in game.

Pretty much sums it up. Someone can just be smart about it and avoid saying it in game. A smart alternative would be telling their friends on discord or through some other sort of communication method that is not directly linked with PTP.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:49:00 pm by Supreme »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »

Pretty much sums it up. Someone can just be smart about it and avoid saying it in game. A smart alternative would be telling their friends on discord or through some other sort of communication method that is not directly linked with PTP.
Yeah same as if your friend is playing the opposite class ingame and spoils you his teamchat, not much can be done. After this topic was made I am totally for removing it because, if the upper staff decides to keep it as it is, everyone will know that we can't spot those players using such methods and it will make it worse, because the players doing this "not so fair move" will be more with everyday and it will make more troubles. It's still a good move to start with, so yeah definitely for removing it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:00:00 pm by Carg »

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 02:30:07 pm »
please keep it, i leak teamchat everyday.

Offline Pranesh

• VIP
  • whatcha step
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:52 pm »
please keep it, i leak teamchat everyday.

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 05:35:14 pm »
I don't think people leaking information from the team chats is a common occurrence. As for me, it should remain visible for every member of the Echo channel. Every trackable type of game interference by sharing strategic information should, however, be immediately reported and punished, in pursuance of the IRC Rules.

• No game interference
- Do not use IRC to leak information that will affect gameplay. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing the President's plans from his teamchat.

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:16 pm »
"I don't think people leaking information from the team chats is a common occurrence"

Oh really?

Lets say it,I can be undercover On irc and while i am on the irc i am play In the server and talk with my team on skype and share the team chats for all...
Who will know it?
Give you more exp?

i will ask it again- Why people in the irc should see what going on in th team chat?
Team chat its use only for tactic things.

For those people who want to stay ot liek this. i am start to think why,What is the interest behind all this?

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »
"I don't think people leaking information from the team chats is a common occurrence"

Oh really?

Lets say it,I can be undercover On irc and while i am on the irc i am play In the server and talk with my team on skype and share the team chats for all...
Who will know it?
Give you more exp?

i will ask it again- Why people in the irc should see what going on in th team chat?
Team chat its use only for tactic things.

For those people who want to stay ot liek this. i am start to think why,What is the interest behind all this?

The very same result you can get even without using IRC. Just ask your Skype-friend to be a terrorist while you leek him information from the security team chat. We can't either detect nor stop you from doing something like that. So let's not get paranoid, please.

Situations, when strategic information from team chats are being used by the opposite team, are very rare and, as for me, it's not a reason to deprive IRC users a fuller image of the game.

You think otherwise, okay. Could you, please, recall the latest situation of this kind?

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »
I actually wanted to keep the IRC Chat in another screen or window as sometimes I wanted to read some older text of the teamchat or main chat which are gone due to the line limit I prefer for my gameplay. But when I actually opened it and discovered that Teamchat is shown without a proper checkup, I had to abandon that idea for fairplay and rules. ;_;

If only somehow there could be a compulsory Registration for IRC that includes the Ingame name which could be used to restrict the ability to see teamchat if it is detected that the User is active on both IRC and PTP at the same time (was thinking of IP Address check too). If not then allow the ability to see Teamchat.

%

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »
-1 This has never been an issue, and it's happened a few times, but it's been taken care of very simply.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 03:46:08 pm »
I don't think it's that much of a big deal as people are making it out to be, and I don't really believe there will be a lot of people that are monitoring the teamchat to learn the other team's strategy. Also, I still believe it has more of a positive impact on the community, for example people who aren't able to play can still keep in touch with the game like that, and have some sort of idea what's going on. But, as some people have pointed out, maybe it's better to not echo the teamchat at all, to prevent any abuse. We'll disable it in a future update.

Added: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=4076.0
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:45:54 pm by Jonne »