Information > News & Updates

Sprees have been removed

(1/13) > >>

Jonne:
Hi everyone,

Effective today, the spree system has been removed from PTP. We've taken this decision after numerous complaints and bans for spreefixing during the last couple of months. We're doing this because the spree system, as people are using it now and the way it's evolving, is doing more harm to the gamemode than good. More and more sprees are 'planned' and dominating the gamemode in that way, instead of only being a side objective. Especially picking the president slot, with the only intention to die in the last seconds to keep a spree going, while other players are wasting their time trying to protect or kill him is something we consider damaging to the gamemode and thus want to prevent. There are rules in place to prevent spree fixing, but we noticed that those rules can't completely prevent it as more and more people try to find ways around them. A lot of players aren't aware of that rule, and are just trying to help the ones having a spree without knowing it's not allowed. Also, it's not always possible to prove if someone died 'intentionally' or not as a president, so the rule isn't really efficient anymore. So, all of this taken into account, we decided to remove the spree system.

Vishwas:
Fair Enough. I see cops blocking Terro spawns just to get that high spree and brag about it.

Son_Gun:
Good decision. This will definitely end the spreefixing. I've seen multiple times that cops and civilians teamup near armor for spreefixing.

Rage:

--- Quote from: Son_Gun on February 12, 2018, 02:02:54 pm ---Good decision. This will definitely end the spreefixing. I've seen multiple times that cops and civilians teamup near armor for spreefixing.

--- End quote ---
Sometimes the game is boring that why they do it but a question so /spree [ID] and /bestspree will not working ? And this "Vishwas is on killing spree 127 kills" will not appear?

Vishwas:

--- Quote from: Rage on February 12, 2018, 02:15:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Son_Gun on February 12, 2018, 02:02:54 pm ---Good decision. This will definitely end the spreefixing. I've seen multiple times that cops and civilians teamup near armor for spreefixing.

--- End quote ---
Sometimes the game is boring that why they do it but a question so /spree [ID] and /bestspree will not working ? And this "Vishwas is on killing spree 127 kills" will not appear?

--- End quote ---
Complete Spree system is removed , this includes:
1. Removal of text in the right bottom saying "Vishwas is on killing spree 127 kills"
2. Removal of both commands  /spree [ID] and /bestspree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version