Chainsaw check for President only
2 (9.5%)
Vice and President Sniper Regulation only
0 (0%)
None
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: July 28, 2019, 08:14:57 pm

Author Topic: Adjusting Sniper for Optimal Gameplay and PTP Balance [Poll Added]  (Read 13659 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
Balance Suggestion (Sniper Pickups and Regulation,Chainsaw UI,etc)

Suggestion Summary:

1.)Sniper and Saw should ONLY be accessible to civilians VIA PICKUPS and bullets should be LIMITED and significantly lesser than GM class ones.

2.)Command should be Spawn only for regular GM classes, Pickups can still be used.

3.)Command only available to President if under bad balance, no Sniper for Vice-President, only /rifle.

4.)Special UI for President to see who has a chainsaw or not.

Effects:
Sniper problem is solved, GM becomes more balanced while people can still retain their playstyle but with more GM friendly impact. Simple solution

Warning: These next paragraphs are expansion and reasoning behind those points above and can be skipped entirely but I will quote from here as a counterpoint if needed.

Use these hyperlinks for navigation:

1.Limited Pickups for Civilian
2.President/Vice President Limitations
3.Chainsaw check perk for president
4. No sniper spam by VIPs

Introductory Rant-> https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/2ose

I AGREE on the reasoning for buffing up the Lvl0-Lvl1 against VIP players to make more people play but please for PTP's sake dont screw up the GM by a similar detrimental affect that ruined it in the first place.

Free /saw and /sniper for Civilians is just wrong, people wont come to GM they will just abuse like they did before but in more affecting numbers. Limitation is important for a weaker class.

Time for elaboration on the suggestion

>Limited Pickups for Civilian

Now that civilians get 0 points for farming other civilian, less people care about spawn farming with sniper.

But for defense's sake (eg: presi fighting at/near spawn) a very limited Sniper-Pickup (5 bullets not more than 10)near civilian spawn and few seconds from spawn protection off would be quite efficient at having a defense weapon and also creating a "risk-reward" factor for GM classes. This should be a one per spawn only pickup to prevent abuse.

Rest "Regular Sniper" pickups can be scattered although each significantly apart so atleast 2 minutes are wasted with a [u]cooldown of 4 minutes[/u]. These can give around 20-40 Rounds

Same for GM classes. Let civilians go GM for more actual fun. Edgy far sniping and killing everyone is detrimental to the gamemode. Use it good and labour for it if you wanna still do it regardless.

>Command only available to President if under bad balance, no Sniper for Vice-President, only /rifle.

President and Vice shouldnt add extra manpower because the balance system is more terro vs cop/security based. And Invisible Sniper undetectable from radar is too OP for regular ol terros, President is the only one who might require during a terrorist excessive man power or skill.

The flower symbolises peace stuff, he shouldnt have strong weapons from get go. It doesnt even fit his theme to be on the front lines with his security. Rifle is fine because it can potentially fit any balance system and he can actually use it for driveby in a very limited way.

>Special UI/Feature for President to see who has a chainsaw or not.

Giving this feature to President would suit him well because a lot of civilians can easily sneak up and kill him on close range while pretending to be cool and determine whose as much as threat at close range. Current Sync system for Chainsaw doesn't help the situation.
Only applicable against Civilians [and Terros during disbalance].

Dynamic suggestions that involve changes during balance isnt necessary but the primary focus is to keep the newly empowered civilians and GM classes in check, while VIPs still retain an advantage by superior sniper spawning. Similar to Nitro vs Unlimited Nitro

>Limited Sniper Bullet Spawns for VIPs.

With that being said, I am dont want the VIPs to retain their unlimited sniper advantage either. They can have their Sniper spawning as promised but the bullets shouldn't be 9999 or some shit like that, a more limited take can suppress their sniper parades and encourage GM classes to have a better chance at gameplay.  Although it should be a bit higher than regular civilian classes.

Spawn /cmd: VIP only, gives 15/20 bullets. Extra obtainable through pickups with slightly reduced cooldown. Not stackable with Near Spawn Pickups.

Yeah I know many of you will tell "MuH ProMisE". As Jonne said only thing promised was that you being able to spawn the weapon from get go which still gives you an advantage and you still have more bullets than what the regular civilians will get.

It's either something like this or the entire server balance goes to shit just because a bunch of people cant fight without overpowered terms.

The decision lies on the community itself from the server from going to shit and Jonne (dunno how much say other head admins have) to make the decision on which the community would adapt or change towards. 

Looking forward to response
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:32:59 pm by Shark_The_Helicopter »
%

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
Re: Re-Adjusting the'Saw/Sniper' to for optimal gameplay and Balance.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:30:16 am »
Suggestion in a Nutshell:

>Sniper and Saw should ONLY be accessible to civilians VIA PICKUPS and bullets should be LIMITED and significantly lesser than GM class ones.

>Command should be Spawn only for regular GM classes, Pickups can still be used.

>Command only available to President if under bad balance, no Sniper for Vice-President, only /rifle.

>Special UI for President to see who has a chainsaw or not.

To save people's eyes from skipping everything here's the introductory rant,me questioning about jonne's decision and expressing how wrong it is in regards to Civilian Buff, anyone who gives more than 4 shits about GM can read it here-> https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/2ose

I am not gonna reply in the other thread and ask for re-opening because the motive was different. Majority on the post agreed to the pickup solution so I will focus on this.

I AGREE on the reasoning for buffing up the Lvl0-Lvl1 against VIP players to make more people play but please for PTP's sake dont screw up the GM by a similar detrimental affect that ruined it in the first place.

Free /saw and /sniper for Civilians is just wrong, people wont come to GM they will just abuse like they did before but in more affecting numbers. Limitation is important for a weaker class.

Time for elaboration on the suggestion

>Limited Pickups for Civilian

Now that civilians get 0 points for farming other civilian, less people care about spawn farming with sniper.

But for defense's sake (eg: presi fighting at/near spawn) a very limited Sniper-Pickup (5 bullets not more than 10)near civilian spawn and few seconds from spawn protection off would be quite efficient at having a defense weapon and also creating a "risk-reward" factor for GM classes. This should be a one per spawn only pickup to prevent abuse.

Rest "Regular Sniper" pickups can be scattered although each significantly apart so atleast 2 minutes are wasted with a [u]cooldown of 4 minutes[/u]. These can give around 20-40 Rounds

Same for GM classes. Let civilians go GM for more actual fun. Edgy far sniping and killing everyone is detrimental to the gamemode. Use it good and labour for it if you wanna still do it regardless.

President and Vice shouldnt add extra manpower because the balance system is more terro vs cop/security based. And Invisible Sniper undetectable from radar is too OP for regular ol terros, President is the only one who might require during a terrorist excessive man power or skill.

The flower symbolises peace stuff, he shouldnt have strong weapons from get go. It doesnt even fit his theme to be on the front lines with his security. Rifle is fine because it can potentially fit any balance system and he can actually use it for driveby in a very limited way.

>Special UI/Feature for President to see who has a chainsaw or not.

Giving this feature to President would suit him well because a lot of civilians can easily sneak up and kill him on close range while pretending to be cool and determine whose as much as threat at close range. Current Sync system for Chainsaw doesn't help the situation.
Only applicable against Civilians [and Terros during disbalance].

Dynamic suggestions that involve changes during balance isnt necessary but the primary focus is to keep the newly empowered civilians and GM classes in check, while VIPs still retain an advantage by superior sniper spawning. Similar to Nitro vs Unlimited Nitro

With that being said, I am dont want the VIPs to retain their unlimited sniper advantage either. They can have their Sniper spawning as promised but the bullets shouldn't be 9999 or some shit like that, a more limited take can suppress their sniper parades and encourage GM classes to have a better chance at gameplay.  Although it should be a bit higher than regular civilian classes.

Spawn /cmd: VIP only, gives 15/20 bullets. Extra obtainable through pickups with slightly reduced cooldown. Not stackable with Near Spawn Pickups.

Yeah I know many of you will tell "MuH ProMisE". As Jonne said only thing promised was that you being able to spawn the weapon from get go which still gives you an advantage and you still have more bullets than what the regular civilians will get.

It's either something like this or the entire server balance goes to shit just because a bunch of people cant fight without overpowered terms.

The decision lies on the community itself from the server from going to shit and Jonne (dunno how much say other head admins have) to make the decision on which the community would adapt or change towards. 

Looking forward to response
Don't make this more confusing Lohit we don't want Jonne again to Make Server even more shit

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 08:57:16 am »
Did you even attempt to read before writing that? This will make the server better while still retaining the current updates.

Converting the commands which can be spammed anytime with unlimited bullets and anywhere to simple pickups with cooldown like armor pickups and a spawnzone only command, would not only limit the advantage as they wont be able to use it everytime and it should be relatively simple.

They should still be able to retain the gameplay since they CAN access the snipers but only by pickups with cooldown, so they would have to run over the map to get more and they wont be able to camp at one place for long. The most annoying thing people do with sniper.

And people were agreeing to making the sniper as pickup in this topic , but the topic wanted to remove the thing as a whole for civilians, I am just improving the solution as a whole.

You can solve both the VIPs retaining the a superior but limited /sniper cmd, while regulars almost being equal to them via near spawn and overall pickups.

and limit the whole civilian class from destroying the gamemode. Don't force to me to show you instances of Civilians being at large and ruining it for GM classes who are less in numbers.
%

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:35:20 pm »
There was a whole essay in the link. I didn't read that one. But the suggestion is good.
+1

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 07:21:46 pm »
The only Brain in this community.
Something that would balance everything.
Also what about saw? Remove it pleaz
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 12:28:27 pm »
Sorry,I have to disagree,even when I want better for the server.Pickups are a bad thing since certain gm classes (who aren't actually even being forced to take part in gm) will simply camp there and snipe others who want to reach there and pick snipers.That's quite an awful idea,so,I have to vote -1
Maybe snipers should be with limited ammo,but that ammo shouldn't be too small either.What can anyone do with 10 bullets?Mostly nothing.Maybe kill few people,that's it.What's the point of having a sniper if you cannot use it more...?
I disagree with removing saw.Yeah,it is overpowered at times,but still,it's a part of the game.If you decide to remove it,at least let us choose on spawn via pickups which melee weapons we want to use instead.
Oh,another thing.People who don't follow gm will simply go and abuse civilians who will be unable to fight back if they do not have snipers in their possession.
Also,vice-president was never overpowered,I don't think his sniper should be removed either.That just makes the game more requiring,and is interesting to fight an enemy that is invisible on radar.He isn't the primary target anyway,and vicepresidents usually don't stick with the president,so,if you go after him,your fault if you die.
I'm not sure about chainsaw feature.It's his choice whether he wants to trust them.But,if he could somehow strip them of their chainsaws,like,disarm them,and disable their further typing of its command while being near him,that would be interesting to see.
Let's roll

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 03:21:36 pm »
Warning: Long post ahead with 2 videos and pictures of player ratio and regular for evidence. I made this somewhat detailed only for players who give more than 5 shits about this Server. But I understand a post being too long since people dont understand what a discussion forum means and that

Some people just dont have time. I have highlighted the main question and answers in quotation tabs with respective constrasting colors each.

Sorry,I have to disagree,even when I want better for the server.Pickups are a bad thing since certain gm classes (who aren't actually even being forced to take part in gm) will simply camp there and snipe others who want to reach there and pick snipers.That's quite an awful idea,so,I have to vote -1

They wont' as I already said, my suggestions are adaptive and I sure as hell know what their first instinct would be considering what shit they made main armor in the first place. This is the counter to that. Second armor strategy.

Solution
Rest "Regular Sniper" pickups can be scattered although each significantly apart so atleast 2 minutes are wasted with a cooldown of 4 minutes. These can give around 20-40 Rounds

Nobody camps at second armors, unless clans start using double armors for their stupid wars. Only a really salty gamebreaking player/clan would go and waste 2 minutes travelling to each pickup and camping and prevent other people from picking it up.

There would atleast be three sniper pickups far location each adjusted to be feasible for each class like second armors/health pickups. With the third one being near civilian spawn. And if all else fails they can simply spawn in during spawnzone or the pickup near civilian spawn as a civilian.

Maybe snipers should be with limited ammo,but that ammo shouldn't be too small either.What can anyone do with 10 bullets?Mostly nothing.Maybe kill few people,that's it.What's the point of having a sniper if you cannot use it more...?

Short answer below proof of civilian imbalance scroll down beyond images if you cant read

Civilians arent meant to be powerful,GM classes have long range weapons by default. Sniper is supposed to be long range low ammo type weapon. In this server it is almost a portable laser rocket. 250 bullets per /sniper. What the fuck? Mostly VIPs supported tf outta that suggestion. And most of em are civilian sniper abusers today.

They have deagle and shotgun(which itself has a respectable mid-long range). They arent supposed to be a threat by default.

I wont say one word about why snipers are overpowered in general in this server. I will just give you solid proof and video instead because apparently nobody can read more than 1 paragraph in a discussion forum.

>Three Civilians mowing down a 2000HP FBI car on a goddamn jeep, My own performance was trash because I was lagging and playing with FPS drops to 10fps while recording this. Previous presidents were killed due to same BS. Doesnt deny the fact that the usual damage + number of people using it leads to ridiculous results. And this is normal in the server apparently and usual situations are way worse.

[Hell one time, IntruderPL was killed as a President with Barto driving a Rustler full of like 6-7 VIP Snipers. And that was some BS. Dont have the direct video, but have another video which can be easily used for checking the situation as real via logs]

This is also a common occurrence and very bad GM situation that discourages GM participation.

I wont dig through my whole stash of proof against regulars and gm's usual state yet. I will save that for a more focused topic instead.

Take a look at the Civilian:GM player ratio instead and think how many of people here are likely to try and spam sniper.

Here have a Small part of my collected information on general regular choice of class during gm or non war times or when there are clans in the server.

Yes, lets give these people whose primary WILL be sniper more than 240 bullets with the ease of /sniper command, and let them rekt the actual GM classes with ease with relatively no effort.

It doesnt take much shots to kill a president,car or anyone. Sniper is supposed to be RARE in bullets, limiting it is necessary. 10 Bullets are for civilian only at the civilian pickup which is once per spawn ONLY, regular pickup gives them 20 bullets.

In what goddamn combat did the sniper have the major chunk of ammunition. Its not meant to be noob spammed.

GM classes waste several minutes via travelling to the destination for planning and genuine teamups,most of these civilians dont.Let them run and spend time if they wanna get so involved in GM

I disagree with removing saw.Yeah,it is overpowered at times,but still,it's a part of the game.If you decide to remove it,at least let us choose on spawn via pickups which melee weapons we want to use instead.

What do you mean? I never referred the saw except the saw warning one. All I said that include them as pickups too. But I only focused on sniper here because Saw can be dealt with more easier solutions than a community problem riddled sniper.

Oh,another thing.People who don't follow gm will simply go and abuse civilians who will be unable to fight back if they do not have snipers in their possession.

Yes, true. I know, one way of dominating over and farming K/Ds like the statswhores they are. Ah those times when you get to see the hilarity of Clan members especially pA and PopoTs camping on people to recover their minus stats, and insulting the other of being a bitch if anyone got shot instead. Then getting their ass beat by Lvl0s during christmas unless they brought their clan mates and their host clan or class abuse.

But this is already covered within the very first topic itself

Once per spawn fixes spawn whoring, but wont help much when involved much outside during the GM heavy area where president vs terrorist action happens. They would need to waste time for pickups, even the VIPs if they waste too much bullets.

Also,vice-president was never overpowered,I don't think his sniper should be removed either.That just makes the game more requiring,and is interesting to fight an enemy that is invisible on radar.He isn't the primary target anyway,and vicepresidents usually don't stick with the president,so,if you go after him,your fault if you die.

Ever fought a Vice Hydra or a VIP Vice who is buddies with president?

The balance system does not factor in Vice, its Cops/Security = Terro system, adding a invisible sniper is just retarded and adds to the unbalance which the civilians would already provide to some scale no matter what situation. Rifle is enough for them.
[/quote]

The rules state Vice shouldnt be on the same car as president but literally 80% of the vice are under the range of president and kill people regularly. Theres no direct instructions given to vicepresident. He will just follow the team party to get to know the gamemode.

I'm not sure about chainsaw feature.It's his choice whether he wants to trust them.But,if he could somehow strip them of their chainsaws,like,disarm them,and disable their further typing of its command while being near him,that would be interesting to see.

Thats straight up worse, and straight up game breaking for an individual player. Security with sawns can EASILY take care of saw civilian whores if the president alerts them somehow, running away itself is enough.

Knowing the civilian hasnt done much, even WITH SAW inhand. Leads to trust and will result in much better understanding of who is safe and not.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:37:00 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 07:05:36 am »
Lohit just one question ! Why you write such long ass paragraphs , there isn't much material that needs long ass paras to be explained .
I dont know why people here are obsessed with writing long ass paras , are they too dumb to write few simple lines and keeping their language minimalistic? Or they enjoy writing paras in name of "explaining their viewpoint fully".(dont take it personally lohit its for everyone)

I only like the first suggestion of limited bullets for snipers . For others i am not sure , might need some more discussion .

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 10:20:04 am »
Chainsaw is a real pain in the ass. After this update I was killed a dozen of times and not a single kill I was even close to the chainsaw

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 11:13:46 am »
Just fix the chainsaw thing and all will be fine alone with granting limited bullets for sniper.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Aking_Bhai

• VIP
  • Score: 64983
  • Aking_Bhai™️
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18:12 am »
Chainsaw is a real pain in the ass. After this update I was killed a dozen of times and not a single kill I was even close to the chainsaw
True! +1

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 11:31:50 am »
Lohit just one question ! Why you write such long ass paragraphs , there isn't much material that needs long ass paras to be explained .
I dont know why people here are obsessed with writing long ass paras , are they too dumb to write few simple lines and keeping their language minimalistic? Or they enjoy writing paras in name of "explaining their viewpoint fully".(dont take it personally lohit its for everyone)

I only like the first suggestion of limited bullets for snipers . For others i am not sure , might need some more discussion .

Most of what I write wont even actually qualify for an english CBSE essay, it looks like long ass paragraphs, because it's just 1 paragraph per topic (I tend to suggest and speak more than one topic) and hence it looks like one big useless paragraph spam when combined.

I can understand people dont have time to read hence I try to highlight the main parts for ez reading and I try to improve the highlights by every post I make. But I am not good with hyperlinks yet so it will still look like scrolling through blocks.

As for motive yes, I feel the need to express everything, so to provide content for the admins and those who plan for the gamemode and to counter any potential hole in the suggestion or argument beforehand which I can see already and cannot express with concise words (Eg: Examples). I tend to write more during replies because I am used to replying people who will present the obvious counter question or doubt or demand for clarification.

Also, the major thing, I abuse spacebar A LOT many of my posts contain double spacings for the ease of eye. So what's big not might actually be and since I noticed many of the users here use mobile to view forums it may look exceptionally big vs PC, I cant help on that part yet besides this.

I can keep it simple, hence I keep the simplistic part during the very first part of my essay and the highlights. And I know I am not even a good writer, and when I get pissed I write in a lot of useless filler and repetition and exaggeration but I try not to overblow it too much. Also, I have too many instances of context taken out before, so I keep countermeasures in too.

The answers were long because Srex here had longer question and didnt read the paragraph properly himself. Hence an answer to suit his question and what he missed.

Regardless, what doubts you have on the other topics? now that the topic is focused I can try to present simple arguments unless there is some major hole here and there (I would keep that short too).

Yes about the saw, I know its broken asf and way less fun than before, but I am reserving speaking on that topic on a different post. If we discuss both saw and sniper as broad topics the actual topic might get sidetracked or too focused on one topic like many topics before.

Although I did make the most concerned class with Saw that is the president to have a special feature to detect enemy or civilian chainsaws to be prepared beforehand (assuming worst case scenario saw bug will never get fixed).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:33:37 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Alexanderr

• VIP
  • Score: 23199
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 11:46:23 am »
Just fix the chainsaw thing and all will be fine alone with granting limited bullets for sniper.
chainsaw is good as it now,
and u can notice no one saying lagger now,everyone takes damage normally,
And i suggest if we removed sniper and saw from civilians level one players in game.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 11:53:18 am »
chainsaw is good as it now,
and u can notice no one saying lagger now,everyone takes damage normally,
And i suggest if we removed sniper and saw from civilians level one players in game.

I am pretty sure most people who receive the chainsaw dmg complain about it(yes it feels good and accurate when I did the dmg myself), yes other weapons like uzis and rifles are much better and less laggy than previous, but chainsaw feels like a whole different thing in combat.

And how would restricting Lvl1s completely prevent anything, we would be back to square zero.

Hell if anything, I like spice in gameplay but I honestly see no scope in current chainsaw being fun because you cant even predict it properly now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:58:32 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 11:58:40 am »
True! +1
+1