Information > Information

Tips and tricks for flying well

<< < (20/20)

Deadman:

--- Quote from: YoMama on January 15, 2019, 09:04:45 pm ---If by calculate you mean knowing exactly where they are, in this case I didn't, I just guessed the general area of where they'd be, then tried to hit as much of it as I could. My usual rule of thumb to figure out where they are in their game is to add my ping to their ping and aim about that far ahead of them, assuming they continue in the same direction (so 170 + 250 would be .420 seconds ahead). Once you get the feel for it (and if you have a stable ping) you just adjust based on their ping.

--- End quote ---
And because of that, I became the master of helikilling people out of nowhere, especially killing people on the roof of a car, having a ride and instantly, swiftly I arrive. JACKBOT!! Helikills over Helikills!

YoMama:

--- Quote from: (1)[H]nZ88 on March 23, 2019, 10:21:00 pm ---What controls do you use to fly and look around? I usually use QWE and Left, Up and Right arrows but that leaves me no hands to move the camera

--- End quote ---
For anyone still wondering, I have the keyboard controls I'd recommend in the initial post here. Personally, I use stock controls on a PS2-style gamepad, and do weird stuff with my fingers to operate the buttons and both thumbsticks at the same time.

--- Quote from: Deadman on March 23, 2019, 10:31:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: YoMama on January 15, 2019, 09:04:45 pm ---If by calculate you mean knowing exactly where they are, in this case I didn't, I just guessed the general area of where they'd be, then tried to hit as much of it as I could. My usual rule of thumb to figure out where they are in their game is to add my ping to their ping and aim about that far ahead of them, assuming they continue in the same direction (so 170 + 250 would be .420 seconds ahead). Once you get the feel for it (and if you have a stable ping) you just adjust based on their ping.

--- End quote ---
And because of that, I became the master of helikilling people out of nowhere, especially killing people on the roof of a car, having a ride and instantly, swiftly I arrive. JACKBOT!! Helikills over Helikills!

--- End quote ---
Love it -- I've been playing a bit more recently. I'd love to see these lag ram skills in action :)

Airman:
It's nice to see Yomama posting here again :)

--- Quote from: (1)[H]nZ88 on March 23, 2019, 10:21:00 pm ---I usually use QWE and Left, Up and Right arrows but that leaves me no hands to move the camera

--- End quote ---
I have the same controls, a solution for the camera is to use the numpad keys (normally they are set by default) that way i won't have to use the mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version