Author Topic: [Added]A few suggestions  (Read 20336 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[Added]A few suggestions
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:01 am »
  • If it's possible, I think there should be a command to remove hydraulics from cars. Sometimes I want stock hydraulics and someone either adds them or I get in a car that has them- a command to remove them for all levels would be nice.

• There should be NRGs scattered around LS. In SF and LV they're all over the place; in LS they are only at the terrorists' spawn. Adding more elsewhere would reduce spawnkilling there from other classes and make it fair for the cops who are stuck with shitty bikes.

• I think the timer that limits how often a player can be president should be reduced to 5 minutes whenever the player count drops to below 20, and it should retroactively affect previous presidents. For example, if you've waited 6 minutes and the player count drops below 20, then your timer gets reset. If you've waited 3 minutes and the count drops below 20, then you have 2 minutes left. It convenient to have a command to tell you how much longer you have on the timer or perhaps notify you when your time is up. It would also be nice to be able to call a vote (just in the mainchat; no annoying popups) to let someone reset their timer if a certain percentage agrees on it. This would be useful when the president is killed by a hacker and when someone just wants to be president again.

• Another president suggestion- in most of the airports, there are no vehicles that the president can drive that are easily accessible. Letting the president fly planes and/or scattering a few vehicles throughout the airports would fix this.

• Also, I have never understood why the teamchat goes to IRC- can this be changed? It's annoying if you actually depend on the secrecy of your plan.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:38:10 pm by Jonne »

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Miss me yet?
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 02:21:47 am »
I think the president timer should be reduced to 5 minutes whenever the player count drops to below 20, and it should retroactively affect previous presidents. For example, if you've waited 6 minutes and the player count drops below 20, then your timer gets reset. If you've waited 3 minutes and the count drops below 20, then you have 2 minutes left. It convenient to have a command to tell you how much longer you have on the timer or perhaps notify you when your time is up. It would also be nice to be able to call a vote (just in the mainchat; no annoying popups) to let someone reset their timer if a certain percentage agrees on it. This would be useful when the President is killed by a hacker and when someone just wants to be president again.

This might need some additional thought because what happens when the player count drops to 19 then 2-5 more players enter? You basically reset the president's timer for nothing. I like the voting solution much better than the automated solution.

EDIT: However a voting system for this could be abused to Hell and back ten times. Terrorists aren't doing well? All of them vote to reset the timer, and keep in mind there are generally lots of terrorists online. Because we're awesome

Also, I have never understood why the teamchat goes to IRC- can this be changed? It's annoying if you actually depend on the secrecy of your plan.

Not cool. Our terrorist plans stay in terrorist chat.  :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:27:03 am by Luca_Brasi »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:50:53 am »
This might need some additional thought because what happens when the player count drops to 19 then 2-5 more players enter? You basically reset the president's timer for nothing. I like the voting solution much better than the automated solution.
Perhaps it could be if the player count stays at 20 for a minute or something, but if it gets to 15 then it does it instantly. This is still better than the way it is currently, which it almost always 15 minutes.

EDIT: However a voting system for this could be abused to Hell and back ten times. Terrorists aren't doing well? All of them vote to reset the timer, and keep in mind there are generally lots of terrorists online. Because we're awesome
I think I may not have been particularly clear- by "president timer", I meant the timer between presidencies; the one that stops you from being president over and over. I'm confused- it looks like you wrote your first reply while understanding what I meant, and your edit after you forgot... I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just confused. I've changed my original post so it's more clear.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:53:22 am by YoMama »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:15:31 am »

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46763
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 11:18:01 am »
NAH

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:11 am »
All of your ideas make sense and great, there's nothing to be discussed in my opinion, you've said it nice and clear and I agree with you +1

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 12:04:33 pm »
  • If it's possible, I think there should be a command to remove hydraulics from cars. Sometimes I want stock hydraulics and someone either adds them or I get in a car that has them- a command to remove them for all levels would be nice.
-1. If you don't like a car with hydraulics, find another one. As for me, you shouldn't be able to roll back any car tuning.

• There should be NRGs scattered around LS. In SF and LV they're all over the place; in LS they are only at the terrorists' spawn. Adding more elsewhere would reduce spawnkilling there from other classes and make it fair for the cops who are stuck with shitty bikes.
+1. As I've already stated, president who chooses NRG roaming strategy should be able to find NRG - not in front of president's spawn, of course, but also not only at terrorists' spawn. And yeah, you are right, it would be useful for other classes as well.

• I think the timer that limits how often a player can be president should be reduced to 5 minutes whenever the player count drops to below 20, and it should retroactively affect previous presidents. For example, if you've waited 6 minutes and the player count drops below 20, then your timer gets reset. If you've waited 3 minutes and the count drops below 20, then you have 2 minutes left. It convenient to have a command to tell you how much longer you have on the timer or perhaps notify you when your time is up. It would also be nice to be able to call a vote (just in the mainchat; no annoying popups) to let someone reset their timer if a certain percentage agrees on it. This would be useful when the president is killed by a hacker and when someone just wants to be president again.
+1. I would solve it even more radically: I'd remove the timer completely. If a player wants to be president over and over again, why not? We've got vice president, so same player won't likely be president a few times in a row (unless he's always getting safe). I don't like your voting idea though; votes are rarely effective in games.

• Another president suggestion- in most of the airports, there are no vehicles that the president can drive that are easily accessible. Letting the president fly planes and/or scattering a few vehicles throughout the airports would fix this.
+1. It will make the game more challenging. Also, it is funny to chainsaw a president who is getting kicked out of rustler, but I am afraid it isn't funny at all for him.

• Also, I have never understood why the teamchat goes to IRC- can this be changed? It's annoying if you actually depend on the secrecy of your plan.
+1. It isn't much of an issue, but I often feel that some certain players are always leaking info from the opposing teams' teamchat, which can be annoying.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Miss me yet?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 11:17:40 pm »
I think I may not have been particularly clear- by "president timer", I meant the timer between presidencies; the one that stops you from being president over and over. I'm confused- it looks like you wrote your first reply while understanding what I meant, and your edit after you forgot... I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just confused. I've changed my original post so it's more clear.

My apologies, I thought you were talking about the president's survival timer, the "President has x minutes before he's safe" timer. This suggestion sounds good to me now that I understand.

Another president suggestion- in most of the airports, there are no vehicles that the president can drive that are easily accessible. Letting the president fly planes and/or scattering a few vehicles throughout the airports would fix this.

+1 for just adding some vehicles into the airports. It could be argued that 'securities should be with the president and they should be able to fly him away anyway!' but you and I both know that's not always the case when we are presidents :D.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 01:05:24 am »
I don't think we'll add this. I agree it's sometimes annoying, and I prefer no hydraulics as well, but I feel we shouldn't go too far with modding ingame, and the current commands are enough for that.

This is a good idea, we'll add some more in LS.

It already does that now, but only if the player count drops below 10 (retroactively as well). I don't think it's necessary to set that to 20 players, since the current timer isn't that long anyway. Also, we have /rc p now, so if noone else picked president within a minute, you can avoid the timer with that command.

We'll discuss that here.

Does that happen a lot? I always thought it was fun to see all the perspectives on IRC when you weren't able to play the game, and we never had any trouble with it in the past I think. But if that's the case, we'll change it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:25:46 am by Jonne »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 07:34:50 am »
It already does that now, but only if the player count drops below 10 (retroactively as well). I don't think it's necessary to set that to 20 players, since the current timer isn't that long anyway. Also, we have /rc p now, so if noone else picked president within a minute, you can avoid the timer with that command.
Ah, OK- I thought it did that when it hit 15 players, so I didn't think it did it at all because I wasn't looking for it at the right time. Would you at least consider changing it to 15? 10 players is a pretty rare occurence. I understand that /rc p exists, but usually the problem is not that there isn't a president at the low player counts, it's that no one becomes VP. I often get stuck watching an empty VP spot, hoping that the president doesn't die before my timer goes up so I can be VP, but before then he dies and the map changes to one I don't want to be president in. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who experiences this.

Does that happen a lot? I always thought it was fun to see all the perspectives on IRC when you weren't able to play the game, and we never had any trouble with it in the past I think. But if that's the case, we'll change it.
I obviously don't know if this happens regularly, but it can happen and could make things unfair. I actually do sort of like seeing the teamchat as well- maybe you could make it so you can only see the teamchat if you're logged in on IRC and there isn't someone with the same name in game.