Author Topic: Allow the President to fly aircraft  (Read 15137 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Allow the President to fly aircraft
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:54 am »
I suggested a permutation of this a while ago but made the mistake of mixing it with another suggestion, so it got buried.

TL;DR:
I think that the "aircamping" timer should be removed, and that the President should be allowed to fly Rustlers and aircraft slower than Rustlers.

I think the "aircamping" thing should be removed because it is unnecessary and discourages Presidents from flying. If the person flying the President (or the President, if he is allowed to fly) can land in a reasonably small space, then they can very easily get more health and the timer is simply an annoyance. However, I rarely see people even getting to that point because the President often flips out about the timer and either demands to be brought back down to the ground or jumps, which doesn't tend to end well. The timer is eliminating a whole dimension from the game (literally- a good portion of the Z axis).

If you think that removing the "aircamping" thing and letting Presidents fly will make it impossible to kill the President, consider that this is analogous to Presidents riding NRGs- a good stunter can outdo most of the server. However, there are always ways to defeat them if their pursuers are so motivated- get a plane and ram them off their stunt spot, or snipe them, or shoot out their tires when they're running. I often get thwarted by people who predict what I'm going to do (not hard, since I'm an NRG whore) before I even get going.

Rustlers are the same way- there is a finite amount of space that you can fly in. Anybody with a bit of strategy can force even the best pilot into sniper or AK range, or force them into a dogfight. Even I have a lot of trouble dogfighting two or more people at once. It's also extremely rare for me to go through only one Rustler in 15 minutes- I almost always crash at least one plane. I often get the President to surf on the wing of my Rustler, and it's fairly rare that I can pull it off for more than about five minutes (not because he falls, but because I get shot down). I often get shot down by people on the ground with snipers without another Rustler even being involved. If I can't always handle it, then I highly doubt that this will end badly if any President can fly and has multiple Terrorists coming after him.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:18:58 pm by Jonne »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
Re: Allow the President to fly aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:44:14 am »
Negative, newbies will not be able to kill the president so fast. Their response will be like " Boring server " when the regulars kill them.

So better now to allow the president to drive by himself.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »
Negative, newbies will not be able to kill the president so fast. Their response will be like " Boring server " when the regulars kill them.

I don't see this often being true, and if it were, how it would change anything. Can newbies kill the President when he is skilled with NRGs? Can newbies kill the President when his security are skilled? Not easily- but they try, and it makes it exciting. If they can't take a challenge, then they probably aren't going to like this server anyway.

Also, you're implying that only skilled people will fly planes as President- I have actually noticed that newbies tend to gravitate towards planes more than regulars, until they find out about the stupid "aircamping" thing. There was a glitch in the old PTP that let unregistered players (often the aforementioned newbies) fly planes as President- I never saw anyone complain that it was boring when it happened, apart from the goody two-shoes players spamming that "the President can't fly". Most of the time they crashed or were shot down within a few minutes as most. As it currently stands, I can have the President surf on the wing of my Rustler and dogfight people while he's there. Why can't I fly the Rustler as President when it's functionally the same?

Don't you think the newbies could be as disappointed as I am to know that they can't fly planes as President? Or that very few Presidents fly because of the stupid "aircamping" thing, so they don't get to chase him in a Rustler?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:22:23 pm by YoMama »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »

I don't see this being often true, or if it were, how it would change anything. Can the newbies kill the President when he is skilled with NRGs? Can newbies kill the President when his security are skilled? Not easily- but they try, and it makes it exciting. If they can't take a challenge, then they probably aren't going to like this server anyway. Also, you're implying that only skilled people will fly planes as President- I have actually noticed that newbies tend to gravitate towards planes more than regulars, until they find out about the stupid "aircamping" thing. As it currently stands, I can have the President surf on the wing of my Rustler and dogfight people while he's there. Why can't I fly the Rustler as President when it's functionally the same?

No, I didn't mean that.

What I wanted to say if a president is in a bike(NRG) or even BMX, there are plenty of chances to get killed. How ? I will tell you, 2 terrorists are enough to do that, they got spas and using spas as a passenger is way different. But in case of flying, it will be easy only for the vips by using snipers. And a newbie president will first rush to a heli or rustler.
Considering this fact I voted negative.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 02:32:45 pm »
- 1 , because there are a limited no. of aircrafts available so all the players who want to chase or protect wont be able to participate!
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 02:37:59 pm »
What I wanted to say if a president is in a bike(NRG) or even BMX, there are plenty of chances to get killed. How ? I will tell you, 2 terrorists are enough to do that, they got spas and using spas as a passenger is way different.
Nope- I can make it extremely difficult for 2 terrorists on an NRG, no matter how good they are, just by outrunning them in a straight line. The fix? Be a VIP and snipe, just like you said:
... it will be easy only for the vips by using snipers.
Also, you can DB with a combat shotgun or any other DB weapon in Dodos and Beagles. There are plenty of other ways to get killed in a plane- you have to get off the ground, take off without being shot down, and not crash into anything once you're in the air and avoiding a bunch of terrorists. Unlike NRGs, it's not really possible to outrun another Rustler.

And a newbie president will first rush to a heli or rustler.
... and subsequently crash it. They do this already and get annoyed when they can't fly.

- 1 , because there are a limited no. of aircrafts available so all the players who want to chase or protect wont be able to participate!
There are more than enough in most maps, and if there aren't, add more aircraft.

Think about this: I can fly the President as a Security on a Rustler or in a multiple-seater, and the gameplay in the air will go almost exactly the same way as if I were flying myself as President. Where is the problem here, if that's already OK?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:10:08 pm by YoMama »

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 04:02:56 am »
Nope. Bad idea

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 06:12:13 am »
Nope. Bad idea
Why? What might this mess up, considering I can already fly the President on a Rustler as a Security and get the same result?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:18:12 am by YoMama »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 08:04:43 am »
Look, what I actually ment is if someone goes president and stay at the air most of the time.. What we will do ? Obviously we will ride a rustler and chase him. Rigt ? But for newbies, they can't do this so it will be a negation for them.

Regarding the NRGs,
If a terrorist is driving a bike, I will just hop onto his bike and snip your little tires, your career will be finished there.
If the president will be on foot, it will be more fun than flying a rustler/planes.

Since 2010.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 08:55:01 am »
Look, what I actually ment is if someone goes president and stay at the air most of the time.. What we will do ? Obviously we will ride a rustler and chase him. Rigt ? But for newbies, they can't do this so it will be a negation for them.
The newbie will have trouble with much more than just flying- as I said, if they can't handle a challenge, they probably can't handle many other things in the server anyway. Also, don't forget that it's highly likely that the President would be one of the mythical newbies that you speak of. Pilots who are hard to shoot down are as at least as rare as people who are hard to chase because they stunt and know clever shortcuts.

Regarding the NRGs,
If a terrorist is driving a bike, I will just hop onto his bike and snip your little tires, your career will be finished there.
You're missing my point. If you're sniping, then you're using VIP weapons. You were arguing that the President should not be allowed to fly because it would be difficult to kill a flying President without VIP weapons. Even if this were true, which it isn't, it would be the same as the President being on an NRG, if not easier because you can't turn a corner to stop the sniper from hitting you.

If the president will be on foot, it will be more fun than flying a rustler/planes.
That's just like, your opinion, man. There are definitely people who disagree with you.

I've suggested this many times on the old forums and gotten the response that it "will be boring" or "too hard" if the President can fly himself. First of all, it doesn't address the fact that allowing the President to fly in reality changes very little. Second, in my opinion, it's extremely shortsighted. I used to chase the President in Rustlers almost exclusively, because I thought NRGs were monotonous and difficult to drive. After playing with NRGs more I found that I was wrong- I now enjoy chasing on the ground and in the air. Just because you might not be good at it yet doesn't mean you'll hate it when you actually do it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:06:10 am by YoMama »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 10:39:17 am »
Would be interesting to see Presidents in planes. We should give it a chance, and if it turns out it's not working for some reason then it can be removed again

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 11:17:38 am »
Insured that map borders will be remade since that is good camping spot to avoid rustler dmg.
And im not sure that ruslers max flying height is the same as helicopters.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:04 pm »
I like this idea. I don't really get why people mostly don't like NRG or Rustler chases. I enjoy it maybe even more than prolonged stronghold sieges... Depends on the mood. ;D What is really hard is to chase biker stunter president. In many cases you also need to be pro bike stunter to catch them. Though I don't think president shouldn't be allowed to ride BMX.

Less restrictions means more fun. +1.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Onii

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »
Altus on rustler and nrg very easy survive, there no team work, when i play a presi, i prefere give more action for ppl around) when presi alone run away, its borry)

Offline Mark[KTP]

• VIP
  • PTP Player since 2008
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 03:16:13 pm »
Would be interesting to see Presidents in planes. We should give it a chance, and if it turns out it's not working for some reason then it can be removed again