Author Topic: [Added]Weapon commands not changing current weapon when in vehicle  (Read 4521 times)

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
Since weapon commands can no longer be used in spawn, me and every other efficiently playing player that wants to always have "/holiday eng" on cooldown now does the weird dance of getting into a car in spawn, driving out of spawn while typing a command into chat, gets out of spawn, gets out of the car and then gets back into the car to be able to drive-by. The Spray Can is an amazing tool to balance out the imbalance that is the Chainsaw, but not so much when you're currently sitting in a vehicle.

Solution 1: Weapon commands don't change your current weapon when inside a vehicle
Solution 2: You receive the weapons once you exit the vehicle
Solution 3: The "/holiday" command doesn't give you weapons, but only triggers the cooldown timer and gives you a token (which preferably only happens when you're currently in a vehicle). The token would last as long as the cooldown and can be traded for the weapons with a separate command.
Solution 4: Re-enable weapon commands in spawn (or at least the one that has a cooldown) and deal with snipers abusing spawn protection in a different manner (like making "/rifle" command available to everybody, removing rifles from "/holiday" and only disabling "/sniper" and "/rifle" in spawn).

EDIT: Speaking of "/holiday eng" cooldown, why the hell is it about 3 minutes and 15 seconds when the text says 3 minutes? Why do presidents need to survive about 16 minutes and 10 seconds when the text says 15 minutes? Fix your gosh darn server clock, it's slow a bit less than 5 seconds per minute.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:07:03 pm by Jonne »
cunt

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
Re: Weapon commands not changing current weapon when in vehicle
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 05:30:24 pm »
+1, just fix it dammit!!!!
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline Seven

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • To obtain peace, you have to win the war.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:51:33 am »
I do not agree with the solution 4, of everything else I think it's fine what you say.

+1.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 01:55:52 am »
The Spray Can is an amazing tool to balance out the imbalance that is the Chainsaw, but not so much when you're currently sitting in a vehicle.
Not really, because VIPs can still have the chainsaw and the spray can.

Solution 1: Weapon commands don't change your current weapon when inside a vehicle
Solution 2:
Solution 5: Make all or many of the weapons pickups, which would be scattered around the map (and make multiples of each type to avoid fights).

EDIT: Speaking of "/holiday eng" cooldown, why the hell is it about 3 minutes and 15 seconds when the text says 3 minutes? Why do presidents need to survive about 16 minutes and 10 seconds when the text says 15 minutes? Fix your gosh darn server clock, it's slow a bit less than 5 seconds per minute.
Sssshhhhh... we'll keep that our little secret.

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:04:05 am »
I do not agree with the solution 4
The difference would be negligible. It takes 2 minutes and 11 seconds of CONSTANT Hunting Rifle fire to use up all 125 bullets you get with "/holiday". Never in my years have I ever ran out of Rifle bullets on this server (up until now that I tested it).
Not really, because VIPs can still have the chainsaw and the spray can.
I know. I meant that the Spray Can is what non-vips can use to counter the stronk VIP chainsaws.
cunt

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 10:27:50 am »
+1

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 07:39:06 pm »
+1

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:54 pm »
I do not agree with the solution 4, of everything else I think it's fine what you say.

+1.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 03:39:14 pm »
This is a bug, we'll fix it so it doesn't change your weapons when you're in a vehicle. And yes, the timers in SAMP are broken, we've tried some fixes, but haven't found anything that is working reliably.