Author Topic: Ban History  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
Re: Ban History
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:34 am »
As told by Jonne:

As for the bans, I don't think it's a good idea to add the complete history to their profile, but we could add something that says if they're currently banned, and the reason.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:08:00 pm by Maddy »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:38 am »
@Yomama, and how do you propose to clear so much AC bug bans from players history?
You mean pre-existing bug bans, dating back to when the server was in beta? How many are there? Why can't the public history just ignore all AC bans before a certain point? For future wrong bans, it would also be helpful to create a way to unban people while also removing the ban from their public history (like the "pardon" command I suggested the last time this idea came up).

Another option would be to only add a ban to the public history if the offense is severe enough.

As told by Hito:

As for the bans, I don't think it's a good idea to add the complete history to their profile, but we could add something that says if they're currently banned, and the reason.
Isn't there a conflict of interest in both you and Hito posting something against this suggestion? It would be at least a little more honest for you both to mention it. I agree with Jonne that it wouldn't be a good idea to add a complete history. I'd be interested in seeing what he thinks of having a "greatest hits"-style history that doesn't show incorrect or relatively benign bans but does show the severe ones. In the end, the point is to prevent bad behavior by creating long-term consequences, and I don't see how this wouldn't help, if done reasonably.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about old bans being included in the history. I do think that multiple nasty bans tend to really make a player look shameful, so keeping old nasty bans on there would prevent people from trying to continue to hack, but just less obviously than when they were caught previously.

Why not?

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 11:39:50 am »

Isn't there a conflict of interest in both you and Hito posting something against this suggestion? It would be at least a little more honest for you both to mention it.
I've already posted my opinion in that tpoic made by you, and yes I'm positive about it, Why would I lie or disagree ?

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »
@Yomama, and how do you propose to clear so much AC bug bans from players history?
You mean pre-existing bug bans, dating back to when the server was in beta? How many are there? Why can't the public history just ignore all AC bans before a certain point? For future wrong bans, it would also be helpful to create a way to unban people while also removing the ban from their public history (like the "pardon" command I suggested the last time this idea came up).

Another option would be to only add a ban to the public history if the offense is severe enough.

As told by Hito:

Isn't there a conflict of interest in both you and Hito posting something against this suggestion? It would be at least a little more honest for you both to mention it. I agree with Jonne that it wouldn't be a good idea to add a complete history. I'd be interested in seeing what he thinks of having a "greatest hits"-style history that doesn't show incorrect or relatively benign bans but does show the severe ones. In the end, the point is to prevent bad behavior by creating long-term consequences, and I don't see how this wouldn't help, if done reasonably.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about old bans being included in the history. I do think that multiple nasty bans tend to really make a player look shameful, so keeping old nasty bans on there would prevent people from trying to continue to hack, but just less obviously than when they were caught previously.

Why not?
Almost everyone knows about my history. If I wanted to hide it in anyway, I would make a suggestion to hide the old unbanned and banned appeals lol.

In the previous reply I was highlighting the words posted by Jonne which makes no sense to expand this suggestion anymore as the decision was already well told.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 09:18:30 pm »
In the previous reply I was highlighting the words posted by Jonne which makes no sense to expand this suggestion anymore as the decision was already well told.
...I don't think it's a good idea to add the complete history to their profile...
That doesn't rule out an incomplete (and more reasonable) history. As Carg pointed out, a complete history would be somewhat meaningless. A more selective history would be more fair to people who have been banned wrongly or for relatively minor offenses while still acting as a deterrent.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »
+1 and agreed to this 100%

and would be cool if all ban w/ name at the time would be visible too >.>

although to be honest I think it might increase the toxicity in the gamemode with more ajajajajaja hacker hacker nub.
%

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:33 pm »

As told by Hito:

Why not?
Because I don't think it's necessary to allow all players to check our ban history. The only allowed persons who should know our ban history are admins and the person
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Cyrus_

• VIP
  • Score: 26973
  • ThuG 4 Life
    • ThuG : True Heroes Under God
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 08:35:33 pm »
i guess it would be enough if only admins can check that

no need i guess
⭐⭐✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ Lil Thug ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪⭐⭐
[/cen

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 09:02:39 pm »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 11:25:16 am »
This has been suggested before:

We'll keep the banned players out of the server stats, like sprees, topkills and all of the stats found on the CP, but we won't remove their stats. As for the bans, I don't think it's a good idea to add the complete history to their profile, but we could add something that says if they're currently banned, and the reason.

We can't really do an 'incomplete history', as we'd have to go through every single ban then, and manually set if it's important enough to be shown. So this won't be added.