Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
Re: Train
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 07:04:42 am »
I actually love trains so +1 but in a different sense.

The train won't be drivable and instead will be a NPC that drives around the whole map. No one can get into the train and they could only be able to jump on top of it. But once train goes out of bounds, the player would fly off the train.

That's my solution but I'd love to see a train NPC :)

If the train goes inside a tunnel while a player is on top of it he/she gets stuck in the texture + this could be abused by players who knows about it
Then we could find a solution for that. :P

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 10:21:46 pm »
Hell NO

Offline HASMA

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 08:20:45 am »
+1

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 06:56:02 pm »
 the president when he drive the train his hp reduce like aircamping Yes but some of president when there hp reduce they get off the train and they refresh there health and so on
if the train could be destory it'd be good suggestion xD

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 05:02:26 pm »
Oh yeah, I love trains too! :) But it would be a challenge to add them without spoiling the gameplay. For now, Matt's idea seems to be the closest one to what I would like to see. NPC-driven trains, which are circling around the whole San Andreas, and SF trams would be a nice addition to our game. They can be used for temporary (or permanent - in SF) camping, or just for fun, but they would definitely be a nice feature of our server.

The only noticeable obstacle I see now is objects placed on rail tracks like SF terrorist spawn vehicles. Although, as only the tracks which are closer to the depot are used, moving a few cars aside wouldn't be a big deal. But it should be done before even thinking about the trains anyways.

+1 to this suggestion.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 12:15:33 am »
First of all, I think the cost here heavily outweighs the benefits. It could be fun, but I think that'll pass quickly. On the other hand you hand you have the time that it takes to make this work, setting up the NPC and all the possible bugs that might pop up (bugging into textures in the tunnels as mentioned). The only trailer suitable for this would be the flat one (http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wroot/images2/8/86/Vehicle_569.jpg), and I'm not sure how easy it is to jump up that one, especially when moving. Then again, for it to be easy to jump onto, the train would have to be moving slow enough (and so it stays in the map for a bit), which in turn wouldn't make it a good place for camping. So I don't think it's a good idea to add this.