Author Topic: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams  (Read 35335 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:40:00 am »
I think it's safe to say that many of the clans here prohibit their members from killing each other and members of "allied" clans. I've been in plenty of situations where I pick someone up as a gunner and they refuse to shoot at certain players who are perfectly happy to kill me because I'm not part of their tribe, or they sit uselessly on the back of my bike as I chase the President, because they are clan mates. This isn't a clan server and clan rules shouldn't supersede a player's duty (and the rules). In addition, this bullshit gives many players few options for targets that aren't new players. I've never even understood how it helps clans, either- many of them claim to be "the best" in the server, yet they don't try to get better by playing against each other... whatever the case, it shouldn't be allowed.

Offline Drama

• Score: Unknown
  • I'm off
Re: Clan members should shoot fellow members on opposing teams
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:45:29 am »
It's like match fixing

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:32:57 am »
Oh come on. Don't pick any gunner whose clan mate is the one whom you are thinking to kill.
Every clan has a rule: Not to shoot/kill your clan mate in any situation and it's obvious. You can't force anyone to shoot your target. -1

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:10:22 am by Maddy »

Offline Sumit

• Admin
  • Score: 25776
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 07:39:30 am »
Its kinda unfair but being a clan members they cant shoot specially their own clan members and its their choice if they want to kill that particular person or not. We cant do anything about it.. So the better choice is get a random but good shooter behind your back (COP,SEC OR TERROR). So that he dont hesitate while shooting someone. Not shooting clan members and allies is working here from so long xD

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • You think this is a game?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:55 am »
So u wanna force duty on cops and terrors? -1
AruN

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 10:28:48 am »
I am saying it for 5-6 years. Actually, this is why i was kicked from clan.
Normally, clan stands for one idea - to unite people into one group to do what is impossible when you are alone.
And i know why this shit is not working on PTP. Because this community is nothing but a cancer. Because this problem shouldn`t even exist with a normal community. Because in a normal community all clan members joining the same team in game, so you do not need this "duty for t/cops" rule. And the fact that we even talking about this "rule" is proving my words.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 11:02:07 am »
Forcing someone to shoot his friend, which is not allowed in clans especially. You can't force someone to kill his friend, it's his choice to be in same team or opposite team. He can free to kill or let him go. This is not for clans only, it goes for other clanless players too. They have their own friends who teamups with same persons always, but sometimes they become in different teams. So you can't just force them to shoot other one. It's his choice. -1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Freckles

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 11:12:50 am »
I think it's safe to say that many of the clans here prohibit their members from killing each other and members of "allied" clans. I've been in plenty of situations where I pick someone up as a gunner and they refuse to shoot at certain players who are perfectly happy to kill me because I'm not part of their tribe, or they sit uselessly on the back of my bike as I chase the President, because they are clan mates. This isn't a clan server and clan rules shouldn't supersede a player's duty (and the rules). In addition, this bullshit gives many players few options for targets that aren't new players. I've never even understood how it helps clans, either- many of them claim to be "the best" in the server, yet they don't try to get better by playing against each other... whatever the case, it shouldn't be allowed.

It sure would be fun if everyone's loyalty was solely to their team at that time so yeah interesting idea.

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 11:54:04 am »
I actually like the idea of forcing people to shoot their own clanmates. If PTP enforces this rule, the clans should just go along with the rules and change their own rule about not shooting clanmates.

I honestly think that clans are disturbing the actual gameplay of PTP. I often am the only one chasing the president in the server with 30+ people online. How is that possible? Simple. Wars going on at armor. Agreed, not only clans do this, but it would be blatantly wrong to deny that clans aren't contributing to this behaviour. I think we need to take a good look in the mirror and admit that regular players are just disturbing the gameplay(not only clans) by not shooting each other.

Interesting point of view, I'll keep a look on this thread.

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 11:58:47 am »
yep .
If you don't wanna to shoot someone then go to the same team your friend is.specialy for security.they should shoot everyone.
I killed eagle alot when he tried to helli kill the president when i'm security :p sorry eaglo.

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 03:50:29 pm »
Alright lets start from bottom , imagine there is a big friendship group on the server , they are close friends who are united and like to have fun with each other, and when they're in different teams they dont shoot them , on the other hand there is a another friendship group and they name theirselves 'clan' what I'm trying to say is even if you erase clans here the friendships will still last either with a tag or mentally.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 04:23:46 pm »
I can't believe the day I totally agree with a post from YoMama has come haha  :)

Oh come on. Don't pick any gunner whose clan mate is the one whom you are thinking to kill.
Every clan has a rule: Not to shoot/kill your clan mate in any situation and it's obvious. You can't force anyone to shoot your target. -1

If it was only about clan mates... x) it's about the entire regular player base I'm afraid.

It's like match fixing

Exactly... Match fixing is generally not accepted in any sport or videogame but, for some reason, it's the general rule here.

If you kill the president while cops watch you and do nothing because you made an agreement with them, you are cheating. If you are the president and survive because you made a deal with everyone who has real abilities to kill you, you are cheating. It's so ironic when practically the entire staff roster cheats on its own gamemode on a daily basis. You can't expect players to take any responsibility and maturely realize what is fairplay and what is not, but Jesus... at least the staff should set an example and put an end to their own dirty wins.
Not only because it's unfair, but also because it's preventing this community from growing in terms of members. Today, the welcome party for anyone trying out the server is a mass of regular players with extra weapons, experience and fast skins, whose only duty is to cooperate all together to kill that newbie and a bunch of even more confused newbies. I would love to hear Jonne's opinion about this matter. Well, I would even settle for a level 5's :)

Alright lets start from bottom , imagine there is a big friendship group on the server , they are close friends who are united and like to have fun with each other, and when they're in different teams they dont shoot them , on the other hand there is a another friendship group and they name theirselves 'clan' what I'm trying to say is even if you erase clans here the friendships will still last either with a tag or mentally.

I'm sorry to bring you back to Earth, your story sounded idyllic, but it usually has zero to do with friendship. In the past, I made peace with many people I hated quite a lot just because I was told to do so by my clan. And even more frequently, I made peace with lots of players I had never said a word to just because that's what everybody did.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:35:21 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 06:29:45 pm »
I kill my clan members happily :p
Go for President, not for stats :)

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
Yes.
But sadly,that won't be stated as a new rule,never.
Many players would leave,and i don't think Jonne would like that to see.
As you said to me in some of my threads related to this suggestion: "Play your game,avoid armor fights and clan wars. Do your way of gameplay". That's pretty much the same in this situation you tried to explain here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:37:10 pm by Crash »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 07:04:52 pm »

If it was only about clan mates... x) it's about the entire regular player base I'm afraid.
True, sometimes some players(even admins) might force you to stop shooting another player from any clan or even clanless, but that's not because of the clan, it's more like the player that has to change. Still, there are some clans ( clan leaders mostly) forcing it's new members to evade shooting allies, which kinda sucks. This looks more like a moral problem and it should be fixed with words betwen the clan leaders/members, not with rules. Having a clan and making your own rules is probably the only democratic thing left in PTP.