Author Topic: [Long term]4 players in duel  (Read 26166 times)

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • Score: 67011
  • GgT <3
Re: 4 players in duel
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 08:42:27 am »
Sounds a good idea and I've seen this in some TDM servers but PTP is a different server with different gamemode.
We already have Drive-by duels , Duels , racing and few more mini-games for civilian class which is already enough to make imbalance in all other classes combined, So I think it'd not be suitable for the perspective of game-mode.

This will worsley affect the game mode coz everytime there is a group of ppl wanted to fight and this option will become a clear option for them to be bussy in there own fights, the current gamemode leads them to play as much fair as they can some times keep doing there duty including there own fights but the duel command of 4vs4 or 5vs5 will lead the shortage of player in gamemode, so -1

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »
Sounds a good idea and I've seen this in some TDM servers but PTP is a different server with different gamemode.
We already have Drive-by duels , Duels , racing and few more mini-games for civilian class which is already enough to make imbalance in all other classes combined, So I think it'd not be suitable for the perspective of game-mode.

This will worsley affect the game mode coz everytime there is a group of ppl wanted to fight and this option will become a clear option for them to be bussy in there own fights, the current gamemode leads them to play as much fair as they can some times keep doing there duty including there own fights but the duel command of 4vs4 or 5vs5 will lead the shortage of player in gamemode, so -1

Yea thats right!

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 11:08:24 am »
Why do you think this would affect the game mode? If the server is only strict to game mode people wouldn't join it. Besides our game mode we have duels, db duels, races and jetpacks for civilians. With that being said it would be interesting to add team duel for civilians as they almost have nothing to do, and raise the entertainment a little bit ;)
I don't really want to force anyone to play the gamemode, let people have their own fun on our server. :) But I personally dislike the situation when 60% of players are civilians who duel or race and thus do not take part in the game. I like the gamemode for its flexibility, and the more people take part in it, the funnier and more interesting it is (well, of course, there are exceptions, but nevermind). So that's why it makes me sad when there is a nice amount of players on the server, but only a small part of them actually plays the game. And I expect that more interesting extra-gamemode activities for civilians will only worsen the situation. That's why I stand against this suggestion, although it isn't bad at all itself. :)
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline PraY

• VIP
  • Score: 12526
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 12:38:58 pm »
Nice idea +1

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 02:17:03 pm »
Altus, this suggestion will encourage people to play on ptp more and more.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 09:04:28 pm »
Altus, this suggestion will encourage people to play on ptp more and more.
There are a lot of ways to lure players to your server. Some of them are oriented to long-term effect, others are not; some are 'dirty' (like viral marketing), others are not. Of course, I don't mean that the way you've suggested is bad or dirty, no, but its potential effect and profit in terms of increasing the amount of players who actually play the gamemode is very dubious, and I don't think we are so desperate in terms of players' count to promote our server by any dubious ways in excess of the ones that are already being used.

I mean, if a player joins our server to play 4 player duels, it doesn't mean that he will spontaneously desire to play the gamemode, but the outflow of our current regulars from playing the gamemode will be slightly more noticeable. I don't want it, that's why I say 'no'.

And to be honest I also don't want our players' count to grow significantly at the expense of players who just randomly wander through different events, like it often happens on freeroam servers. Sometimes, when the amount of hatred decreases, our server can be very homelike - huge freeroam servers totally lack it, and none of them has left anything in my heart.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »
+1

Offline Yan

• VIP
  • Score: 9620
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 05:53:20 pm »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »
I'm willing to give this a try, but it won't be anytime soon.

Offline UltimateKiller

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Honour and Sincerity are very Important
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »
Why not +1

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?

MiGu3X

Re: [Long term]4 players in duel
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 09:19:23 pm »
Would like to duel 2x2 or maybe 3x3, eventually you could make wars inside the game...

Good idea +1

Offline Homie

• VIP
  • Score: 21138
  • Homie 7w7
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 05:20:23 pm »
Good idea noob +1

Offline Rose

• VIP
  • Score: 86438