Poll

Disallow the minor c-bug?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Added]Disallow the "minor" c-bug  (Read 23567 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Disallow the "minor" c-bug
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 12:20:16 pm »
I think it's very important to deal with bugs in a reasonable and clear way. In the old PTP it wasn't always clear what we considered bugs, one admin would consider something a bug, while another admin wouldn't and it only confused the players. People thought certain bugs were allowed and then were suddenly banned for it (for example, switching to reload). So, we decided to, instead of forbidding all bugs, focus on a couple of bugs (2-shooting, c-bug and slide bug) which we thought were the most well known and gave the most advantage. This prevents a lot of questions and a lot of confusion, people don't have to ask admins anymore if a bug is allowed or not.
Sure thing. We don't need no witchhunt and bugs inquisition where each inquisitor has his own opinion about what is allowed and what is not. The point is, we are trying to modify the convention to prohibit one bug more which is unwanted by a lot of players (according to the current vote results).

Another big part of this is that these bugs are easily preventable with scripts. New people don't even have to read the rules on what's allowed or not, if they try to C-bug or 2-shoot, they'll get automatically warned, so they're immediately aware that they can't use that bug. We no longer have to deal with reports about bug abusing, which also saves us a lot of time. I think with the "minor" C-bug, we'll have a lot of 'grey zone' (at what point is it bug abuse?). Some people just might just crouch once, maybe stay crouched and get up again for the last shot, so they'll have fired 2 shots in a shorter time. Or they'll crouch and get up again, to move to another place. Anyway, I think that we'll just end up with a lot more confusion, people that don't know about the rule or what exactly it's about, and just a lot more reports over something that only gives you a little bit of an advantage.
Of course if you decide to add it, it must be made scriptwise. There shouldn't be no reports and additional punishments but a message popping up and maybe kick after 6th warning (or even without it) - just like with c-bug and 2-shot. As for 'grey' zone... Once again, if a player receives the warning box, it is his punishment already, he is stuck and he is vulnerable at this moment. If he doesn't receive it, then everything is fine. To avoid situations when an innocent player is 'punished', track it up to 3 shots: shoot - crouch|get up - shoot - get up|crouch - shoot - crouch|get up. I guess it is pretty clear, and there won't be much confusion.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Nazi

• Score: Unknown
  • In this game,i will be the best.
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 12:40:39 pm »
I don't think it's a good idea to disallow the "minor" c-bug. I think it's very important to deal with bugs in a reasonable and clear way. In the old PTP it wasn't always clear what we considered bugs, one admin would consider something a bug, while another admin wouldn't and it only confused the players. People thought certain bugs were allowed and then were suddenly banned for it (for example, switching to reload). So, we decided to, instead of forbidding all bugs, focus on a couple of bugs (2-shooting, c-bug and slide bug) which we thought were the most well known and gave the most advantage. This prevents a lot of questions and a lot of confusion, people don't have to ask admins anymore if a bug is allowed or not.

Another big part of this is that these bugs are easily preventable with scripts. New people don't even have to read the rules on what's allowed or not, if they try to C-bug or 2-shoot, they'll get automatically warned, so they're immediately aware that they can't use that bug. We no longer have to deal with reports about bug abusing, which also saves us a lot of time. I think with the "minor" C-bug, we'll have a lot of 'grey zone' (at what point is it bug abuse?). Some people just might just crouch once, maybe stay crouched and get up again for the last shot, so they'll have fired 2 shots in a shorter time. Or they'll crouch and get up again, to move to another place. Anyway, I think that we'll just end up with a lot more confusion, people that don't know about the rule or what exactly it's about, and just a lot more reports over something that only gives you a little bit of an advantage.

This was just my personal opinion on it. I'll lock the voting Sunday at midnight (GMT+1), and we'll go with the option that was voted for the most.
Very well said jonne  8)
Me vs All

Offline MAR.

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 02:21:45 pm »
Jonne is right

Offline Litteratus

• VIP
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 03:05:58 pm »
Since c-bug is prohibited, minor c-bug should be removed as well, because basically they are the same. You skip deagle recoil animation to shoot faster. My vote is "yes".
I agree with Altus.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »
Since c-bug is prohibited, minor c-bug should be removed as well, because basically they are the same. You skip deagle recoil animation to shoot faster. My vote is "yes".

I agree with Litteratus !

Offline Nazi

• In this game,i will be the best.
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
RIP, minor c-bug
Me vs All

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »
Minor c-bug causes this much drama because some people think it's "overpowered" ? the same people who use driveby combat shotgun all the time, but it's not overpowered when they like it.

What a failure of a suggestion to end with a poll, while combat shotgun is the most overpowered shit you have, can I make a suggestion to remove combat shotgun now?  there's nothing logical in this topic, I kept searching but I couldn't find anything.

Don't disallow the minor cbug. Keep it as it is. Or better yet, lock the suggestions board

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:42:10 pm by Finisha. »

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 04:41:53 pm »
Minor c-bug causes this much drama because some people think it's "overpowered" ? the same people who use driveby combat shotgun all the time, but it's not overpowered when they like it.

What a failure of a suggestion to end with a poll, while combat shotgun is the most overpowered shit you have, can I make a suggestion to remove combat shotgun now?
Deagle is op too let's remove it

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 04:43:29 pm »

This whole topic/suggestion has been made for the excuse of "deagle is overpowered. not the minor cbug".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:45:02 pm by Finisha. »

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:10 pm »

This whole topic/suggestion has been made for the excuse of "deagle is overpowered. not the minor cbug" :)
I mean remove the whole weapon :D cuz every player has own suggest

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2017, 07:01:41 pm »

What a failure of a suggestion to end with a poll, while combat shotgun is the most overpowered shit you have, can I make a suggestion to remove combat shotgun now?  there's nothing logical in this topic, I kept searching but I couldn't find anything.

Don't disallow the minor cbug. Keep it as it is. Or better yet, lock the suggestions board
Honestly I'm one of those who's up for disallowing the "minor c-bug". But not because it's overpowered, I want it to be disallowed because this works the same way as the exact c-bug which is forbidden and imo this gives advantage only to players who cannot c-bug properly.

I gotta admit, I'm not that good doing this minor c-bug shit.  Whenever I try to do it I mostly do the exact c-bug which leads to a warn/kick. But also I assume that I'm better than majority of the players in c-bugging (no ego xd) and yeah this gives me an advantage over others but I'm not able to use that advantage while players Mia mentioned (high ping/low fps) can do it by minor c-bug.

You might come up saying "then dont use it" but when a player using this bug fights with another who's not using, you can see there's actually a "real advantage", which is the main reason of why most of the bugs are forbidden here.

sorry for the long post tho

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 07:20:38 pm »
I've played most of my time as a civilian in this server and I barely see players using minor C-bug. Almost never.

Besides that, randoms don't even know about it, I really wonder what's so scary about keeping it allowed.
Too much drama going on here, it's gay. :-X

Have in mind, my opinion is completely objective since I'm not affected by any decision you are going to make. In-game I use colts.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:22:41 pm by M a k a v e l i . »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »
I've played most of my time as a civilian in this server and I barely see players using minor C-bug. Almost never.

Besides that, randoms don't even know about it, I really wonder what's so scary about keeping it allowed.

Have in mind, my opinion is completely objective since I'm not affected by any decision you are going to make. In-game I use colts.

Maybe there's a correlation between newbies inability to abuse the minor c-bug, the fact that you don't shoot anyone but newbies and that you have barely faced anyone using the minor c-bug.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:26:02 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:05 pm »

Maybe there's a correlation between newbies inability to abuse the minor c-bug, the fact that you don't shoot anyone but newbies and that you have barely faced anyone using the minor c-bug.
Well that's not true, I've fought most of the regulars actually.
Usually they reclass to some other team and come back, so as I said I haven't seen many players using it.

However I'm just sayin' what I think about the whole subject, and quoting me won't change anything since there's nothing to discuss.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2017, 10:45:56 pm »
I think with the "minor" C-bug, we'll have a lot of 'grey zone' (at what point is it bug abuse?). Some people just might just crouch once, maybe stay crouched and get up again for the last shot, so they'll have fired 2 shots in a shorter time.
I don't think it's that much of a grey zone- when I see someone doing it, they're clearly using the bug. If they're emptying the clip and using it 5 times in a row, then they're abusing it.