Author Topic: [Added]Disarm civilians under spawn protection.  (Read 14827 times)

Offline Khan

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • yes im noob
Re: [Suggestion] Disarm civilians under spawn protection.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 11:18:11 pm »
Listen smart fellas

Why do you need weapons to kill someone who can't kill you because you're under spawn protection? They can only kill you once you're out of spawn protection and AT THAT STAGE YOU WILL GET YOUR WEAPONS BACK! Staying under spawn protection and killing others is unfair as it gives you advantage over the other player. By doing this both players will be out of spawn protection and the faceoff will be fair and both will have weapons! But what it would prevent is GUESSSSS *spawnkilling*

This apply to civilians only because civilians can team kill whereas others can't.

Edit: This means you can stay at the spawn for however long. Make whatever clan strategies, game strategies, killing president strategies you want in peace as no one would be able to kill you, so why would you need guns! 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:25:55 pm by Khan »
Asduhfhsuwkiduuskwnbcyaiakmbrhciaonvefyciakqngycuowonwvgyc

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 11:30:35 pm »
Staying under spawn protection and killing others is unfair as it gives you advantage over the other player. By doing this both players will be out of spawn protection and the faceoff will be fair and both will have weapons! But what it would prevent is GUESSSSS *spawnkilling*

Sure thing. I like both ideas, yours - with automatically disarming civilians while staying at the spawn zone - and Mia's - with removing spawn protection after leaving the spawn area or giving damage to someone. Reasons has been mentioned above.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:58:19 pm by Skittles »

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:57 pm »
-1 I like how it is right now

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
Why can't spawn killing be disallowed completely? Like it used to be in the old ptp.
I've got a better idea. Let's just slap, jail for 15 minutes and ban everyone who dares to shoot at the spawns? Of course, if the victims are VIPs or admins. ::)

Seriously though, let me refer to my own words, which I wouldn't have done normally. The thing I suggested half a year ago would solve all of such problems, and I've got no idea why it hasn't been considered worth implementing. There is no need to bring any additional manual punishments, disarming, building walls and other redundant things since it can be solved automatically, by a mindless script. The great KISS ("keep it simple, silly!") principle should be maintained wherever possible.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Nazi

• In this game,i will be the best.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 03:26:26 am »
Sometimes the president, security, police and terrorists are in the base of civilians, and how do we kill if we have to wait for our weapons to appear?
Me vs All

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:29 am »
It sounds like some people only want this to remain the same because they abuse it to get kills that have little to do with the game mode. I have a slightly different suggestion- that the spawn protection deactivates once the person uses a weapon (punching, shooting, etc. even if they don't hit anything). Deactivating on damage is pretty silly, considering you can aim better if you're not concerned about dying and it takes 2 or 3 hits to kill someone with a deagle.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 09:45:30 am »
It sounds like some people only want this to remain the same because they abuse it to get kills that have little to do with the game mode. I have a slightly different suggestion- that the spawn protection deactivates once the person uses a weapon (punching, shooting, etc. even if they don't hit anything). Deactivating on damage is pretty silly, considering you can aim better if you're not concerned about dying and it takes 2 or 3 hits to kill someone with a deagle.
It sounds like a good option, although I would rather stick to mine. I think that your suggestion will lead to endless spawn fights once again, like it was before the spawnkilling reforms. In turn, my suggestion won't make you lose your spawn protection within the spawn are without a good reason along with making spawn camping not really too profitable - like it is now. You are right, the one under protection will have a slight advantage, but I don't think it is worth worrying: civilians don't have running weapons, you can always spray/saw or just run away from the attacker and deal with him outside of the spawn.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 10:25:33 am »
Listen smart fellas

Why do you need weapons to kill someone who can't kill you because you're under spawn protection? They can only kill you once you're out of spawn protection and AT THAT STAGE YOU WILL GET YOUR WEAPONS BACK! Staying under spawn protection and killing others is unfair as it gives you advantage over the other player. By doing this both players will be out of spawn protection and the faceoff will be fair and both will have weapons! But what it would prevent is GUESSSSS *spawnkilling*

This apply to civilians only because civilians can team kill whereas others can't.

Edit: This means you can stay at the spawn for however long. Make whatever clan strategies, game strategies, killing president strategies you want in peace as no one would be able to kill you, so why would you need guns!
+1 I support this idea and also:

Nah, simply remove under spawn protection 5 seconds after leaving the spawn area or giving damage to someone.
Or just add the script on spawn protections; Removing the spawn protecting when someone damages another one..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Khan

• VIP
  • yes im noob
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 11:10:44 am »
Sometimes the president, security, police and terrorists are in the base of civilians, and how do we kill if we have to wait for our weapons to appear?

Lmao wait? You need to take 4 steps which merely take 2/3 seconds to walk out of spawn spot which means you will have your weapons back. Are you thick or what.

Have you read the suggestion properly? If not, please do.
Asduhfhsuwkiduuskwnbcyaiakmbrhciaonvefyciakqngycuowonwvgyc

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 12:46:59 pm »
It sounds like a good option, although I would rather stick to mine. I think that your suggestion will lead to endless spawn fights once again, like it was before the spawnkilling reforms. In turn, my suggestion won't make you lose your spawn protection within the spawn are without a good reason along with making spawn camping not really too profitable - like it is now. You are right, the one under protection will have a slight advantage, but I don't think it is worth worrying: civilians don't have running weapons, you can always spray/saw or just run away from the attacker and deal with him outside of the spawn.
I kinda messed up with that post- I meant that I would replace your last condition of the suggestion you linked with my slightly different idea.

Offline Nazi

• In this game,i will be the best.
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 03:51:55 am »

Lmao wait? You need to take 4 steps which merely take 2/3 seconds to walk out of spawn spot which means you will have your weapons back. Are you thick or what.

Have you read the suggestion properly? If not, please do.
Law wrong sorry sir perfect.
Me vs All

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 05:57:04 pm »
The idea is good, but i think it is perfect how it is right now. So -1

Once you leave the spawn, you will be a target for others.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:20 am »
We're not going back to the old system, or that would mean that admins have to spend 50% of their time on spawnkilling reports, and I think that would be a waste of time. I'm not sure if disabling the spawn protection when you damage someone would be a good idea though. I think in the civ spawn it'd lead to endless spawnkilling again. For example, it would only take 1 person that lost his spawn protection to set off a chain reaction. 1 person starts shooting him, he loses his spawn protection, then another player starts shooting him, and so on. I do see it's sometimes a problem with invulnerable civs sniping from their spawn though. Maybe, instead of taking away all the weapons, which I think would lead to confusion, we could just 'disable' the bullets (so the bullets wouldn't do any damage when fired by someone under spawn protection). I think this could be a more elegant solution then taking the weapons away.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 04:44:31 am »
We're not going back to the old system, or that would mean that admins have to spend 50% of their time on spawnkilling reports, and I think that would be a waste of time. I'm not sure if disabling the spawn protection when you damage someone would be a good idea though. I think in the civ spawn it'd lead to endless spawnkilling again. For example, it would only take 1 person that lost his spawn protection to set off a chain reaction. 1 person starts shooting him, he loses his spawn protection, then another player starts shooting him, and so on. I do see it's sometimes a problem with invulnerable civs sniping from their spawn though. Maybe, instead of taking away all the weapons, which I think would lead to confusion, we could just 'disable' the bullets (so the bullets wouldn't do any damage when fired by someone under spawn protection). I think this could be a more elegant solution then taking the weapons away.

Jonne, the current system is going perfect I don't see any reason to bring a change in it.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 05:03:24 am »
I think spawn killing is not possible somehow as if a civ goes out and then comes in the spawn area then he loses his protection so there is no possibility of spawn killing .