Author Topic: Vice, boundaries and kicking/banning  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Vice, boundaries and kicking/banning
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »
I've got 3 suggestions for now.

• Making impossible to spawn as vicepresident when there's no president
    As for me, it's confusing when there is no president, but vice is running around, so I suggest excluding such situations when there's vice, but no president. (a screenshot)

• Making kicking/banning more clear for a kicked/banned player
    Now we've got only a message in the chat. The cars are still here, as much as players list and icons on the minimap. I suggest teleporting player to Burger Shot interior much like on the main server. (a screenshot)

• Polygonal world boundaries
    The old issue is still here: for example, we've got half of San Fierro on NSA/WW map, which, as for me, isn't good. I know that SA:MP built-in world boundaries functionality suggests only rectangular boundaries, but I've got some code sketches for polygonal boundaries and if our community will like my suggestion, I will try to complete the code when I have time and send it to Jonne. (a screenshot)

Thanks.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Re: Vice, boundaries and kicking/banning
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:23:25 pm »
  • Making impossible to spawn as vicepresident when there's no president
    As for me, it's confusing when there is no president, but vice is running around, so I suggest excluding such situations when there's vice, but no president. (a screenshot)
Good idea, I'll add that.

• Making kicking/banning more clear for a kicked/banned player
    Now we've got only a message in the chat. The cars are still here, as much as players list and icons on the minimap. I suggest teleporting player to Burger Shot interior much like on the main server. (a screenshot)
Yeah, that still needs to be added, just kinda put it off since it isn't that important and it takes some time to find the right interior and positions. I'll add that later.

• Polygonal world boundaries
    The old issue is still here: for example, we've got half of San Fierro on NSA/WW map, which, as for me, isn't good. I know that SA:MP built-in world boundaries functionality suggests only rectangular boundaries, but I've got some code sketches for polygonal boundaries and if our community will like my suggestion, I will try to complete the code when I have time and send it to Jonne. (a screenshot)
Feel free to send it! If it works, I'll definitely add it.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 07:43:49 pm »
Yeah, that still needs to be added, just kinda put it off since it isn't that important and it takes some time to find the right interior and positions. I'll add that later.
I've been bored today and I tried to implement PTP-like kicking/banning situation on my local server, compare to real PTP kicking (I asked Aki to kick me). I've sent you the code in PM here, feel free to use it if you want.

Feel free to send it! If it works, I'll definitely add it.
Well, then I guess I will try to complete it when my exams and other IRL issues will be over. :)
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 12:28:33 pm »
I've added suggestion 1 (now you'll only be able to pick vice if there is a president, otherwise the class will be 'not available') and suggestion 2 (same as in PTP now, thanks for the code!).

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:05:03 am »
If the polygonal boundaries are added, make it very clear where they are- it was easy to know with the rectangular boundaries because they were always in line with the cardinal directions. With the polygonal boundaries it would be difficult to tell without hitting them.