Poll

Is VIP Nitrous Ability of PlanB Overpowered for Vehicles? Should this feature be balanced out?

Yes,the spawning of nitro and using it indefinitely gives a sharp advantage.
No,it does not. It's not much of an advantage.

Author Topic: Poll/Discussion: Is VIP Nitro OP in PlanB?  (Read 18663 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
Poll/Discussion: Is VIP Nitro OP in PlanB?
« on: May 01, 2018, 07:19:41 pm »
Just wanted to check on the community view on the subject and for future reference.

The Basis for this poll is on a Vehicle only basis. Since it's one of the primary aspects of this gamemode.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:24:58 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
Re: Poll/Discussion: Is VIP Nitro OP in PlanB?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 07:31:44 pm »
I don't think it is OP in the server after all we pay for this feature and it is the other thing which attracts other players towards buying the VIP. Tuning of the vehicle is a very common thing for donators in all servers of SAMP.

But still I suggest to place some tuned vehicles in every team's spawn
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:35:15 pm by Maddy »

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:41:40 pm »
I don't think it is too OP and i dont see it give any an advantages just it's speed up the Cars What is the Problem with it?

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »
Why tf would it be op?  ???

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 01:58:55 am »
Its my view dont start shouting for me to buy it and see.

Its OP in only one condition. When some president is VIP and takes infernus and keeps using infinite NOS. If some changes are to be done, change the infinte nitro to 10x or 5x such that the vip have to use /nos (or whatever command they use) to refill that nitro such that terrorist team get some chances of killing him.
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline BugsBunny

• VIP
  • xd
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 04:38:11 am »

Its OP in only one condition. When some president is VIP and takes infernus and keeps using infinite NOS. If some changes are to be done, change the infinte nitro to 10x or 5x such that the vip have to use /nos (or whatever command they use) to refill that nitro such that terrorist team get some chances of killing him.
Even then when he uses an infernus ,there is 1000 ways to ambush him with many vehicles in order to stop him
So your argument its incorrect

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 06:03:56 am »

Even then when he uses an infernus ,there is 1000 ways to ambush him with many vehicles in order to stop him
Whats that 1000 ways 'Kamikaze'?
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 06:25:55 am »
The only overpowered advantage vips have is sniper . Accept it or deny it ,but its the fact .
:)

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 07:14:34 am »

The only overpowered advantage vips have is sniper . Accept it or deny it ,but its the fact .
:)

You'd be wrong then.

Oh is that so? Except for ambushing him via planes by skipping over the route, tell me any other vehicle that can even keep up with a Nitro spammy Infernus.

and this problem is a minor thing, there are far more sharp advantages. Although, tbh it's rarely seen cause most of this server originates from DM servers and people who don't even know that Vortex could glide.

Why tf would it be op?  ???
I will say my full argument a bit later, I want to see the community opinion first for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:23:04 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 10:21:55 am »
Your poll or discussion is not getting you anywhere. It’s obvious you’re just bitching on VIP features to stay relevant on this forum buddy

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16:27 am »
...after all we pay for this feature and it is the other thing which attracts other players towards buying the VIP.
...but the fact that you pay for something doesn't magically make it fair or right.

However, I don't think nitro is OP. Compared to other VIP features, nitro is about the last thing I would be trying to limit (*cough* snipers *cough*). Unless the nitro user is driving an Infernus, there's always a faster car available to opponents that negates the benefits. On top of that, Rustlers make pretty much anything that can be modded with nitro useless. You're really not making the best move if you're trying to keep up with a fast car in a straight line with anything but a plane.

Oh is that so? Except for ambushing him via planes by skipping over the route, tell me any other vehicle that can even keep up with a Nitro spammy Infernus.
Tell me a ground vehicle that can practically keep up with an Infernus, period. It's a pain in the ass to chase after a non-nitro Infernus even if you have nitro. That's why you don't even waste the time and you either nail the Infernus by setting up before it, or you take a plane. "Ambushing" makes it sound difficult. A moron rocketing around in an Infernus is a sitting duck for a Rustler. It usually doesn't take me more than a few seconds to set the piece of shit on fire- it's the same for any car. It's the ground equivalent of someone flying really high in the air. If you know how to handle it, it's very obvious that the person flying so high or driving the Infernus around LV is making a really dumb move. They've usually outrun their security, they're stupidly depending on one "advantage" that they only have over people who are too lazy or stupid to counter it, and to top it all off, it only takes one barely competent person to take them down. Is that not enough of a check on nitro?

If you still think that nitro is OP, then why do people like me take NRGs (slower than plenty of cars with or without nitro) and even slower bikes instead of nitro-equipped vehicles? You're making nitro sound much more useful than it actually is.

Although, tbh it's rarely seen cause most of this server originates from DM servers and people who don't even know that Vortex could glide.
Gliding Vortices is a little esoteric though, particularly since most servers don't let you use them because of the autoaiming problem and not everyone gives a shit about the single-player game.

It’s obvious you’re just bitching on VIP features to stay relevant on this forum buddy
It is?

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 11:57:07 am »
Lol and here we go again...

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 12:09:27 pm »
Your poll or discussion is not getting you anywhere. It’s obvious you’re just bitching on VIP features to stay relevant on this forum buddy

Thanks for assuming that I only have free time and expend my energy to protect my forum ego rather than wanting to make this gamemode a bit better.

Well what could I expect, it's the obligatory "No you just bitching for VIP" post expected in every thread that dares to speak anything against VIP features.

Tell me a ground vehicle that can practically keep up with an Infernus, period.

Without Nitro? Easy

Bullet
Turismo
NRG with aerodynamic wheelie, it's the fastest ground vehicle ingame with that.

And that's just straight I am talking about solely because Infernus has inferior handling, is heavy and slides easily, it's power is the only thing that makes the other things negligible in a straight.

Eg: The Desert Blaze race is a good example, my times with a Bullet is significantly better than a infernus solely because Bullet has a far better cornering and grip, which helps in cutting time in two major corners and the corners don't even require brakes.

Such vehicle advantages is pretty fucked over when you literally have a car that can spawn infinite nitro and cancel out any vehicle skill gap due to sheer boosting and correction.

That's why you don't even waste the time and you either nail the Infernus by setting up before it, or you take a plane. "Ambushing" makes it sound difficult. A moron rocketing around in an Infernus is a sitting duck for a Rustler. It usually doesn't take me more than a few seconds to set the piece of shit on fire- it's the same for any car. It's the ground equivalent of someone flying really high in the air. If you know how to handle it, it's very obvious that the person flying so high or driving the Infernus around LV is making a really dumb move. They've usually outrun their security, they're stupidly depending on one "advantage" that they only have over people who are too lazy or stupid to counter it, and to top it all off, it only takes one barely competent person to take them down. Is that not enough of a check on nitro?

Problem is you see, not everyone uses the Infernus. Newbs can't even handle it's steering. Usually there are three types of Infernus Drivers.

1.)Newbs who can't drive
2.)People who can't actually drive but put all their teammates on top of their car
3.)Those who can actually drive it well

Because Infernus is limited to specific locations only 2.) and 3.) are the most commonly seen these days

A good driver with a brain can easily dodge the rustler by letting the rustler get ahead,driving properly on tightly packed roads with buildings around,take underpasses and what not.

(1)[H]nz88 is a good example.

People just prefer to take NRGs because due to obvious reasons:

1.)Fastest
2.)Easy Handling
3.)Front Driveby
4.)Stunt Vehicle
5.)SpaZ Driveby Dmg

Same with Sultan.

But that isn't the case we are discussing here, that was simply a follow up to Chetan's post.

Infernus isn't the only problem, it's just the minor one. The problem and the discussion as I said earlier is on a vehicle to vehicle basis.

You're making nitro sound much more useful than it actually is.

Because it is, the thing I brought server knowledge into the question because it's obvious no one actually paid attention to driving, it's not a behemoth of a task just a simple observation. Heck it's even more noticeable with this type of nitro spawning.

It isn't esoteric to that extent if the average player has like more than 2-3 years worth of playing on SAMP.

Recently one used Hydraulics and Off Road Tires in Races to gain advantage and soon others followed. Both of the advantages are rather obvious yet it only began to show up recently.

Another reason why I am bringing this up because someone well known and a old player said Admins were gonna 'Fix' this Nitro thingy long ago to not make it OP.

Btw, please don't assume that this topic is only concerning over a Nitro Spammy Infernus going over a straight.

That's why I am writing this in bold, because people don't even read shit and go with the response to it, that's why I am writing that in last.

Fine looks like people don't have any idea. Well, then let me prove it with some videos I will be uploading soon.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:39:45 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 12:58:09 pm »
Personally, I'm unsure whether the term "OP" is the best descriptor for the VIP Nitro. Sure, it's powerful, but one could reckon that every gameplay altering perk that VIPs get is OP, because it tilts the balance. This server has always been more pay to win than not, but personally I've gotten used to it. If there were any changes to it, I reckon it shouldn't be infinite, but that you could tune your car and that's it, so it wouldn't matter if you're a VIP or you just tuned at the TransFender.
But talking about the balance, this topic is about a pebble when there are boulders on the scale.

A good driver with a brain can easily dodge the rustler by letting the rustler get ahead,driving properly on tightly packed roads with buildings around,take underpasses and what not.

(1)[H]nz88 is a good example.

Thanks for the compliment :)
cunt

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
It's a game lol. I'm sorry if my post lacks input but that's all i have to say. Peace.