Leave it as it is
35 (70%)
Disable sniper after using jetpacks
7 (14%)
Remove the jetpacks
8 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: December 10, 2016, 06:46:09 pm

Author Topic: Holiday update: 3 Dec  (Read 49394 times)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Re: Holiday update: 3 Dec
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2016, 11:29:57 pm »
Alright. I recommend you to turn the lights on before coming to conclusions.

That doesn't even make sense, but I recommend you to play for fun every once in a while.

"It doesn't make sense" is the arrogant way to say "I don't understand it".

Lights on -> No groping in the dark.

I hope you get it now.

Well guys, it's not going to stay forever, let it be like as many people said already

I'm not sure if that's a very good argument, since those people hardly ever get sniped  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:32:39 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:59 pm »
"It doesn't make sense" is the arrogant way to say "I don't understand it".

Well, nobody knows about arrogance more than you do. Thank you for clarifying, though.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2016, 12:49:53 am »
This is so embarrassing to read. And retarded. Thank you all for creating such a high drama over a fucking holiday update.. No wonder Tenshi doesn't listen to people
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:52:20 am by Finisher »

Offline Destiny

• VIP
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2016, 12:51:23 am »

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2016, 01:43:12 am »
Why don't you make a poll if the Jetpacks will stay or not?

I challenge you: Mia and Altus. Let's see who will win  :P

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2016, 03:00:09 am »
Jetpacks should be removed, half of this community doesn't even celebrate Christmas so they dont deserve it. We don't get special treatment for their holidays. That's how I view it.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Chaos

• VIP
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2016, 03:02:01 am »
well had play a bit with city just now and amazing idea to put jetpacks . kind different n funny to play with it , remember old days a bit .

for the people complain well kind normal , u cant make everyone happy when u change something but life move on .

Again great idea , cant play almost now but really fun to play with jetpacks   ;D  ;D  ;D

Have fun playing, make friends , sooner or later u need to stop play and what u ll get ? nothing ? make peace , not war (axe ads always fun)

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Miss me yet?
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2016, 03:27:53 am »

Yes, and also I kill innocent puppies for witchcraft purposes. You forgot that one.

YES!!! Mia admitted it!!!

On a more constructive note:

Well, guys and girl, I think the debate should be focused on if we want it JUST for the holidays or forever. Now it's a lot of fun, not just for VIPs but also for regular players (who know where the jetpacks spawn) with no sniper rifles. It gives the game a different colour, the "strategy" of camping (which I kind of hate) is no longer possible with a civ with the ability of reaching some places easily, and still, the civs are not as harmful as other classes.

I would like it to stay after holidays.

A very good way to get the thread back on topic. I'm not a fan of keeping it after the holidays right now. It would make stunting and using helicopters to get to hard-to-get places like rooftops and KACC military fuels much less viable and effective. Why stunt as the president if 15 seconds later a civ is gonna be there trying to chainsaw you or throw molotovs at you? It makes it much harder to stay away from enemies.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2016, 11:21:11 am »
This is so embarrassing to read....
That's what I must agree upon. Whatever me or Mia say recently, it's like a red rag to a bull for our community. I wonder what exactly did we do to offend it so much, because it hasn't always been like this, but, to be honest, I don't care that much. I'm just curious if any controversial issue can be adequately discussed here, without useless spam and unrelated emotions.

Again, it is not that dangerous for us! If you want to effectively harm us personally, better form a nice cop army instead of trying to snipe from the rooftops. When its size overweights critical one, we can hardly do anything against it.

So, let's try to discuss it without silly trolling and spam, is anyone here up for it? I want to hope so.
I agree with COBRA's suggestion. (additional thanks to COBRA for posting it himself, or nobody would even bother to read; me and Mia should find anyone to post our suggestions nowadays so our community would react adequately)
Why? Because the efforts which you apply to perform the sniping from the rooftops differ from the efforts which you would apply to reach and kill (or even to avoid) such sniper without the other sniper rifle so much that this strategy can be considered overpowered. I know that it is only for three weeks, but it doesn't matter. Let's give VIPs miniguns for a day. I wonder if any newbie or non-VIP remains. I wouldn't, as I would treat it as clear and obvious disregard towards new players in favour of VIPs, of ones who pay. I hope Jonne and the administration would listen and agree, and sniper rifles would be disabled for any VIP who picks up a jetpack until his next respawn.
Who agrees and who disagrees? Explain your positions, please, I would be glad to read any opinions other than "mia and altus are whinin".

P.S.
A very good way to get the thread back on topic. I'm not a fan of keeping it after the holidays right now. It would make stunting and using helicopters to get to hard-to-get places like rooftops and KACC military fuels much less viable and effective. Why stunt as the president if 15 seconds later a civ is gonna be there trying to chainsaw you or throw molotovs at you? It makes it much harder to stay away from enemies.
I kinda agree with that too, but, as for me, it's not that dangerous and/or overpowered, because the thrower is always in range of all of the weapons. Securities just need to be careful and kill any non-friendly character who approaches presi.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2016, 01:06:12 pm »
Let's give VIPs miniguns for a day. I wonder if any newbie or non-VIP remains. I wouldn't, as I would treat it as clear and obvious disregard towards new players in favour of VIPs, of ones who pay.

I hardly think that minigun and jetpack-sniper combo are the same, Altus. Sure, it might be OP atm, but just embrace the fact that it will not be there forever. And as far as I got it, everyone has access to jetpacks, so you can kinda run away at any time.

Like I said (before Mia started going all emo on me), I don't see how this will affect your experience permanently. Just roll with it until 25th December or so. No need to create drama.

I hope Jonne and the administration would listen and agree, and sniper rifles would be disabled for any VIP who picks up a jetpack until his next respawn.

This is an interesting suggestion, but is it really worth the hassle? (not a rhetorical question, I'd like to know) To put that kind of effort for something that's not even going to be permanent?

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2016, 01:37:00 pm »
What the fuck ? I can't believe that this went to 5 pages lol..
First of all, this is not the place to discuss this matter, fortunately we got a section called "suggestions" you got anything against something or anything new, you can continue your cries there.
Jetpack is added just to have fun, i don't why you(Mia) take the game so seriously, i mean it is just a game, there is not such rule in games to kill only, u kill and also u die. There is no difference to land on the roof with a jetpack or a helicopter, i think we will see a topic "remove flying vehicles" next topic.

So just calm down and play the fucking game, no need of such drama.

PS: Seriously Altus, stop with huge replies.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2016, 04:27:27 pm »
I see essays being written and drama created over something that will last for 20 days or so, jesus chill the fuck down people. Mia and Altus, I swear you guys made me hate even reading the forums, my thanks for this.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2016, 04:53:21 pm »
People always have different opinions, good or bad or right/wrong, we should at least respect other people's opinions and try to be understandable as much as possible without shaming or flamming others just because of their point of view towards a matter. Obviously nothing gonna change with this holiday update which is temporary, but people's opinions are to be respected no matter what. Put aside their way of delivering it, Altus and Mia actually make a good point here which I totally agree with. You might find it bitching/whinning but come on people.. Arguments are good :) and opinions matter.

Hopefully one day, we can agree and disagree with respect. The server is being shaped by the players who are playing it right now, for better or worse, learn to handle an opinion. An actual example: Plan B.

Can't think of more to type, my message is crystal clear or at least I hope so, correct me if I'm wrong about what I just typed. Have a good day people

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2016, 05:01:33 pm »
People always have different opinions, good or bad or right/wrong, we should at least respect other people's opinions and try to be understandable as much as possible without shaming or flamming others just because of their point of view towards a matter. Obviously nothing gonna change with this holiday update which is temporary, but people's opinions are to be respected no matter what. Put aside their way of delivering it, Altus and Mia actually make a good point here which I totally agree with. You might find it bitching/whinning but come on people.. Arguments are good :) and opinions matter.

Hopefully one day, we can agree and disagree with respect. The server is being shaped by the players who are playing it right now, for better or worse, learn to handle an opinion. An actual example: Plan B.

Can't think of more to type, my message is crystal clear or at least I hope so, correct me if I'm wrong about what I just typed. Have a good day people

In my case, I just asked what's all the fuss about something that definitely won't be permanent, and will add a bit diversity to the gameplay. Then the next thing you know I'm "groping in the dark" according to a particular person lmfao, so naturally I won't stand for that. But I do apologize to admins for going off the topic.
Anyway, Altus' and Mia's point would have been valid if the jetpacks were to stay for good. At least that's how I see things.

Offline Gablo

• VIP
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »
Add a poll to this topic, better than that trash talk that won't take us anywhere