Author Topic: AntiCheat  (Read 9487 times)

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
Re: AntiCheat
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 08:32:59 am »
Ye more admins, 1 online admin cant handle 50-60 players including hackers and other players having their personal issues

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 08:34:51 am »
More active admins
This ^
I know Jonne's putting hard work to improve A/C and I really appreciate that. But still A/C is not doing its job properly and there are time spans in the day where no admins are online and we have to play with hackers ruining the server for a long time 'til hacker leaves or A/C finally bans him/her. I'm not blaming anybody, I know people has stuff to deal with in their lives. But can't we just have some new admins considering the timezones. Because what i wrote above happens in a regular basis, there are literally times we have to play with hackers. It mostly ends up with player count going below 10 though.

Ege is right, players count is going below 10 sometimes. I myself experienced it.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Fimpen

• Former Head Admin
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 07:09:49 pm »
We are well aware that we need more admins. But its hard to find the right people. We wont accept anyone just for the sake of it. We have seen how that worked out in the old PTP.

And the AC is constantly being worked on. Small tweaks here and there. Just be patient, takes time to do a good AC-system.

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 09:34:30 pm »
We are well aware that we need more admins. But its hard to find the right people. We wont accept anyone just for the sake of it. We have seen how that worked out in the old PTP.
LOL
And the AC is constantly being worked on. Small tweaks here and there. Just be patient, takes time to do a good AC-system.
Understandable, I can imagine the complexity behind making a good AC plus the fact Jonne HAS a life. I just find it rather disappointing to find a president running with sawn-offs and getting away with it...

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 10:26:08 pm »
I made an anti weapon hack that basically checks players' weapon every time they aim with it and takes action if it isn't coherent with the player's class or VIP status. It doesn't need as many resources as an OnPlayerUpdate check and it's faster than checking OnPlayerDeath (it would take action when it's too late). Also, there's widely known sniper bug that gives the kill to someone else instead of the player sniping, so it would cause fake positives. It wouldn't detect flamethrower or molotov hacks either, since every death related to fire is reported as "flamethrower".
Jonne told me he was already working on something more advanced. He's probably still on it, the system needs to improve a lot.
One more thing. Some hacks to shoot with assault rifles while driving a vehicle seem to be on trend these days. They are very easy to detect automatically, you should add it.

PS: It's so sad to read some opinions written in such a rude tone.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 03:40:32 am »
I looked into the case, and as far as I can tell he never spawned a minigun. My guess is that he used, as Mia said, a hack that allows you to shoot from inside the vehicle (mostly used as some sort of driver-db, in which the driver can drive-by with some weapons). So I think he never actually spawned a minigun, but was using this kind of hack to shoot minigun bullets, and that is why the AC never picked up on it.

Now, I haven't had a lot of time lately to improve the AC, but I just did an update which makes the weapon AC autoban. There shouldn't be any bugs left in it now. I'm not going to use a script like Tree suggested, because it's very rigid and doesn't allow to give weapons. I wanted a more dynamic weapon AC, so I wouldn't have to change it if I ever decide to allow other weapons, or when admins give a player some weapon. Also, a lot of problems with the weapon AC were caused by GetPlayerWeaponData returning false data (it would return the old weapons when you were still spawning or just spawned, ...) and due to players being desynced and ending up in a class with the wrong weapons. But, all of those problems should be fixed now and it should work fine (hopefully).

Fixing all of the AC will take a lot of time though. I can only make small changes at a time, then leave the script running for a couple of days to collect data, then go through all of the AC reports generated during that time window, checking every single report if it was a bug or if the player actually hacked, then fix the bugs (or add debugs) and repeat the process. So it's a very time-consuming task, and it will probably take a lot of time to fix completely.

About adding new admins, we added 2 mods who aren't admin yet, so let's see if that makes a difference first. We'll review the situation after that, then decide if we need more or not.

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 04:01:26 am »
Also, a lot of problems with the weapon AC were caused by GetPlayerWeaponData returning false data (it would return the old weapons when you were still spawning or just spawned, ...) and due to players being desynced and ending up in a class with the wrong weapons. But, all of those problems should be fixed now and it should work fine (hopefully).
That's something I didn't know...
And here was I, thinking weapon anticheats were ez...
About adding new admins, we added 2 mods who aren't admin yet, so let's see if that makes a difference first. We'll review the situation after that, then decide if we need more or not.
It does, in a way...
I don't remember which mod was, I think it was Uthar.
We had this guy here, "Bobby_D", constantly getting kicked and getting back into the game until Uthar left. (He also had the audacity to log as babby_di, as nobody would notice, but still).
The point is, the fact Uthar was just a mod offered not a single "challenge" (lets put it that way) for the guy to get back ingame. It wasn't like he was banned and had to restart router/use vpns, all he had to do was type /q and jump right back into the game...

Edit: Don't take this the wrong way, it's still better than nothing :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:08:09 am by TreePuncher »

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 05:34:24 pm »
I looked into the case, and as far as I can tell he never spawned a minigun. My guess is that he used, as Mia said, a hack that allows you to shoot from inside the vehicle (mostly used as some sort of driver-db, in which the driver can drive-by with some weapons). So I think he never actually spawned a minigun, but was using this kind of hack to shoot minigun bullets, and that is why the AC never picked up on it.

Now, I haven't had a lot of time lately to improve the AC, but I just did an update which makes the weapon AC autoban. There shouldn't be any bugs left in it now. I'm not going to use a script like Tree suggested, because it's very rigid and doesn't allow to give weapons. I wanted a more dynamic weapon AC, so I wouldn't have to change it if I ever decide to allow other weapons, or when admins give a player some weapon. Also, a lot of problems with the weapon AC were caused by GetPlayerWeaponData returning false data (it would return the old weapons when you were still spawning or just spawned, ...) and due to players being desynced and ending up in a class with the wrong weapons. But, all of those problems should be fixed now and it should work fine (hopefully).

Fixing all of the AC will take a lot of time though. I can only make small changes at a time, then leave the script running for a couple of days to collect data, then go through all of the AC reports generated during that time window, checking every single report if it was a bug or if the player actually hacked, then fix the bugs (or add debugs) and repeat the process. So it's a very time-consuming task, and it will probably take a lot of time to fix completely.

Yes, we discussed this in irc and I understood that it was my mistake, thought that it's a bug in the AC or it has some incomplete scripts left. Anyways my doubt is cleared now. Thank you Jonne for improving the AC and lately I understood that it is a time consuming task, unfortunately.
I'll keep reporting the bugs or any issue I will experience in-game or related to AC.
A warm thanks.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Revenger

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:23:32 am »
+1
Today, there was a person spawned a minigun, he killed too many people with it, system did not ban him.
I saw a player too rapid shooting me and the anti-cheat system works slow.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 04:02:05 am »
I did some research, thanks to Platinum for providing me with some screenshots and videos on it, and it seemed it was always the same hacker who was doing the minigun hack. He was somehow shooting minigun bullets while holding another weapon (without actually spawning a minigun, that's why he didn't get caught by the AC). It should be auto-banning that hack now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:05:36 am by Jonne »

Offline indincive

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 11:50:04 pm »
As far as my previous samp years go, i believe the hacker can still spawn a minigun with disable weapon data patch, but thats old now, and the way he does it, is using fake bullets which sends out rapid bullets like minigun, so this needs be patched as well

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2016, 11:40:02 am »
As far as my previous samp years go, i believe the hacker can still spawn a minigun with disable weapon data patch, but thats old now, and the way he does it, is using fake bullets which sends out rapid bullets like minigun, so this needs be patched as well

Thank you for the information, we all are aware of it and this matter is solved.

Maybe this topic should be locked to prevent furthur spam.

Thanks.

Since 2010.