Author Topic: Weapon suggestion  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
Weapon suggestion
« on: May 07, 2020, 04:13:06 pm »
Well,I did not plan much about this one.
I was wondering if we could gain the ability to pick our own set of weapons.Like in a server I play on occasionally.
I mean,if we could choose which weapons would spawn with us.
Like,our choice of a shotgun,sub-machine gun,assault rifle,etc.
I think it would make the game more versatile.
Since most of the people don't care about the "roleplay" concept itself,I don't think it would pose an issue.People would just use the weapons as they please instead of having the forced ones.
The old restrictions for president/vice-president classes would stay,possibly for civilian class too.
We could also set up some kind of a limit for switching the default weapons if people dislike switching it at will.I also vote for giving certain classes handgun weapons,which they're lacking,like terrorists and security,while the police class would get a shotgun.

If you have some counter-arguments,please provide them.
Otherwise,I expect the administrators to implement the changes eventually.
Let's see how this turns out. :)
Let's roll

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121326
  • Menace 2 Society
Re: Weapon suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:01:24 pm »
Its a fine idea but I just like the classic feel of the server

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 06:43:51 pm »
Leave it as it is -1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »
Allow weapon selections for duels

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 08:06:42 pm »

Offline LuCa

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 06:56:19 am »
Yes yes yes give police , terror sawn offs + 2 shoot yes yes yes

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 103635
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 05:59:31 pm »
+1 , I'd only accept if applicable in civilian class.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 06:24:07 pm »
Those that voted against it basically gave no reasons and just voted against. I can't take that seriously but never mind. Let's see if someone else can provide a counter-argument.
Let's roll

PakoVH

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:54 pm »
Those that voted against it basically gave no reasons and just voted against. I can't take that seriously but never mind. Let's see if someone else can provide a counter-argument.
You want to change something that has been in the server for a lot of years just for your selfish thinking, some players choose terrorists, cop or security class just for the weapons and if you change that the gamemode balance will need to be restructured.

About allowing that in duels, that could be a nice idea, but I think that the staff will not do anything about this.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:24 pm »
Yes,I want to change that,so what does it being an old setup have to do with anything?
Just because something was originally here,that doesn't mean it's the best.
And if they choose a certain class just to have a certain weapon,then they won't think much about choosing classes,they'll just pick any class because they'll have basically any weapon they want,so the game mode would possibly improved.
People would decrease the usage of duels because they shall have all those weapons at their disposal.Although they shall keep dueling for the sake of seeing who's better in 1v1.
I don't see what balance needs to be restructured.You'd need to elaborate on that.
Basically,you're admitting that one class does have advantage(s) over the other class(es) with the current setup.
And balance can be achieved again,but I'm sure the administrators here are persistent at doing nothing new for the server and expecting the players to stay.
It's a good thing that a map or a few of them shall be brought in,but how much time did it take to introduce only one such new thing?Quite a lot.
Let's roll

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 01:17:29 pm »
Technically, you are talking about adopting the weapons likewise in every class, this is not a small thing lol. I hope you know its impact. As Pako said, the current weapon system has been set taking in mind the proper working of game mode and weapon set is one of the essential thing making it proper, ofc. For example, if a player want to play with sawns, then he/she can reclass to Security and hence, it enhances the gamemode because the player is bound to follow his/her duty, this is what its based upon. Why you want to bring changes to the old system since its perfect to play and handle.

It will definitely go beyond game mode because it will be more like street fighting/more wars than gamemode, it will be okay if all the players are behind this parameter like as it is now. This will obviously reduce duels usage as I mentioned above which means NOT playing gamemode.

The current weapon setup has been the most successful thing since the starting of the server, although many suggestions were made for the same but they were not considered and I hope this chain continues.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:27:10 pm by Maddy »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 04:23:33 pm »
I don't think this is needed, -1.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 01:59:59 am »
It is not a bad suggestion, at all. However, it is a matter of taste (I am not sure which kind of counterarguments you are expecting), so I personally wouldn't like to see this implemented. -1.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline GroundZero

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 01:53:50 pm »
-1, This is not the way the server is designed.
Regards,
GroundZero[PPLV]
PTP's First Official VIP Player - 2008

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 01:15:42 pm »
I want to change it because the setup isn't really suited for the roles perfectly.
I mean,where do you see security carrying sawn-off shotguns?And without handgun?
Terrorists with no grenades?With no handguns?No armor?
If you're talking about that,I think I'm the one being correct.
And I don't think letting people play some role just because they prefer a certain weapons matters much.Especially if my idea was implemented.People wouldn't need to focus on that weapon,and they'd simply join the available class(es) or the ones they prefer if possible.If someone cannot join the class where their favorite weapon is,they'll simply reclass to civilian and not partake in the game mode.
Of course,civilians wouldn't have this privilege,they need to remain as they are.But the fighting classes would be able to set default weapons.And everyone could defend with the weapons they deem the best for themselves.
I just hope it's not "pro" players being scared of what would happen with the changes.
I'd give terrorists armor in this case.But anyone would be able to choose the weapon they prefer and gain the weapons they're lacking.Isn't that more challenging,and better,low-key?
Let's roll