Author Topic: Bring back punishment for evaders  (Read 3190 times)

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Bring back punishment for evaders
« on: May 11, 2020, 12:08:22 pm »
We need a rule again, which punishes death evaders.
I know we have a sollution for it already, but it's not a good thing for several reasons:

1. Once a player evades that kill, his skin will still be there and u can kill him, but it wont show up on the public kill-list (ingame).

2. It takes away the joy of playing the game, when someone evades all the time. There are even some who abuse this, a certain NO member, but i wont mention his name..

Conclussion: We can keep this feauture for players that lose connection at times, but pls bring back the punishment for death evaders!

Thanks

Edit: I wanna add something.. I wonder how it is, when someone is swimming and using / kill or /rc to evade death. Will his physical skin still be there like on land? Or will the player be able to evade death for good??
If that’s so, then it’s also problematic and one of those mentioned reasons, why players should be punished for it.

Edit2.0.: Or even in Air
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:38:02 pm by StuLenS »

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
Re: Bring back punishment for evaders
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 12:29:14 pm »
getting the KILL isn't enough to give you the JOY?

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:08:54 pm »
We need a rule again, which punishes death evaders.
I know we have a sollution for it already, but it's not a good thing for several reasons:

1. Once a player evades that kill, his skin will still be there and u can kill him, but it wont show up on the public kill-list (ingame).

2. It takes away the joy of playing the game, when someone evades all the time. There are even some who abuse this, a certain NO member, but i wont mention his name..

Conclussion: We can keep this feauture for players that lose connection at times, but pls bring back the punishment for death evaders!

Thanks

Agreed.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:54:05 pm »
+1

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 02:16:45 pm »
+1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline m4yhem

• "Soy la resistencia"
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 04:26:05 pm »
If a person loses his connection in air or in the water he eventually dies and it appears on the kill list.

You get the kill what else you want?
Why you want to punish and make them suffer.
Let everyone play and enjoy the game without any revenge pls.

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 05:23:25 pm »
Yes, after killing the player's clone it doesn't show on K/D list and when President leave/timeout from the server so no one get the score for attacking or protecting.

I don't know what you mean here..

Edit: I wanna add something.. I wonder how it is, when someone is swimming and using / kill or /rc to evade death. Will his physical skin still be there like on land? Or will the player be able to evade death for good??
If that’s so, then it’s also problematic and one of those mentioned reasons, why players should be punished for it.

See the video full(Edit2.0)
*The blue border = I had quit the game while flying, and the Yellow border = I had quit the game while flying over water.(Edit)*
And /kill command is not considered as death evade and same goes for re-classing.

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »

Well there are some players who do /kill in a fight all the time , it’s kinda annoying. And we ALL know why they do this..

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 06:20:26 pm »

Well there are some players who do /kill in a fight all the time , it’s kinda annoying. And we ALL know why they do this..
But they die so that won't count as death evade. :p

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 07:02:14 pm »
+1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Hero

• VIP
  • Score: 73871
  • Leadership is an action,not a position.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 03:28:01 pm »
+1

But they die so that won't count as death evade. :p

Yes they die but it should give the kill to last one hit him and be shown in kill-list
as it was before the last update

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 04:28:53 pm »
Why? Just why? What do you gain :O

Just like many others complained about players dying before anyone is able to get the kill. This is not considered death evading, the player died, it says it in the name death evade. I myself use /kill in situations where I have no other option, but to wait and die.

When someone reclass while swimming or flying, he instantly dies.

I just don't understand while it is needed to show the credits in the kill feed.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 06:32:10 pm »
It doesn't take a lot of scripting time to make actor deaths appear on the kill list too. That would be less troublesome.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline [RD]MecHaNiC

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 09:36:32 am »
Just to satisfy players ego and

It doesn't take a lot of scripting time to make actor deaths appear on the kill list too.

+1

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 01:56:49 am »
-1. There is a script which takes care of it. When you kill the actor, you get a kill and the person the actor is representing, gets a death, so everything is fair.
It doesn't take a lot of scripting time to make actor deaths appear on the kill list too. That would be less troublesome.
This can be added, though, if there is a demand.

The script simply excludes another situation which requires an admin action, a punishment. It is obvious, especially in light of the recent events, that the less things admins have to enforce, the less cases of misunderstanding, confusion and resentment there are.

Besides, technically the death evasion rule didn't go anywhere. So theoretically the punishment is still applicable if you can prove that someone knowingly evades death without leaving the actor (by means of a bug which is not known yet, for example).

I am not 100% sure, but, if I remember correctly, the actor can both die from falling and from drowning.
Upd: just tested it ingame, confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:34:16 am by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.