Author Topic: Pausing as President to avoid death  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Pausing as President to avoid death
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 03:09:12 am »
I think that the solution would be to make the pausing time for the presidents cumulative. So, they can only pause for, say, one minute in total during the presidentship; if this term is exceeded, they instantly die. One minute should be enough to pause to stare at the minimap, stroke a cat or pour a glass of tea.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: Pausing as President to avoid death
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 01:41:34 am »
I think that the solution would be to make the pausing time for the presidents cumulative. So, they can only pause for, say, one minute in total during the presidentship; if this term is exceeded, they instantly die. One minute should be enough to pause to stare at the minimap, stroke a cat or pour a glass of tea.
They instantly die? That's a little draconian. I like the idea, but I do also like being able to check the map  when safely on top of a building as President to see what might be coming at me. It still wouldn't fix the people who pause for a second to screw up someone chasing them. I think we just need to be more strict about enforcing rules against pausing for an advantage. I think it's nearly equivalent to hacking and should carry punishments that are worse than just a kick. It's usually really obvious when done deliberately as well, but the fact that it's so easy to do means that other people can copy it easily without much in the way of repercussions. I've seen a surprising number of people who should know better doing it in Rustlers.