Poll

remove turquoise map

yes
15 (23.4%)
no
49 (76.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: remove turquoise map  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Fruiti.

• VIP
  • Score: 26670
remove turquoise map
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »
remove turquoise map
[12:59:15] <SatviK> {33CCFF}[15] {FFFFFF}Im not going to duel NOers as their member got banned for aimbots

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: remove turquoise map
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:47:50 pm »
This is why ptp will be dead soon.
Have fun.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:50:31 pm »
What's your reasons to remove? I welcome every comment.

About bugs, it's been a day we just added it on server. There will be bugs can be fixed for sure. We will make it better or  we will remove if we can't get over. I respect every comment. Leave comment here please!

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Jessy

• VIP
  • Score: 41754
  • Meow
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:38:41 pm »
Even GTA took like 3-4years to build and you expect them to build a 'perfect bug-free map' overnight?
Instead of opposing, make suggestions to them to work on it

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 07:57:48 pm »
It feels like the majority of the server is happy with the new map. From my point of view, the mapping is really good, and I have no complaints about the esthetics. But, with all respects for the hard work some people made, I don't think it's suitable for this gamemode, and definitely not fun to play.

The map is linear. The archipelago forms an arch, so there is only one direction you can drive. Imagine being a terrorist and having to drive through the same four islands every time you die? Sounds humdrum. All the other classes spawn on the eastern half of the map, so that's when the action is going to take place most of the time.

This wouldn't be that bad if there were fast vehicles to reach the action in a reasonable time, but for some reason only slow (very slow) vehicles have been placed. These vehicles can barely cross the two sand - palm trees islands in the middle.

Another alternative could be using a boat, but there aren't enough of them and the vast majority (Tropics and Marquis) get stuck under bridges.

Imagine the president camping on top of the mount. It would be a painfully long and monotonous drive for terrorists to hunt him. Also, 1500 hp for boats is not that much, M4 (only available for the protection team) has a pretty long range and the boats chosen are ULTRA slow. It's not easy at all to reach an island by boat before it gets destroyed if the protecting team is decent and large. Personally, I'm not going to bother hunting the president on this map unless it's very straightforward. Too easy for one side, too hard for the other.

On top of that, the mini-map and /intel don't work, which only makes it harder to track down and kill the president.

It's a great map for clanwars, though. It's extremely easy to block terrorists or police way out of spawn by camping on a bridge.

I like city maps, where mobility isn't an issue and action is the only concern. It looks like this map was designed with the opposite idea: try to make mobility as difficult as possible so people can't get in action in a long long time. And I don't think getting stuck in the sand with a Faggio is the experience anyone is looking for
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:11:34 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 08:42:24 pm »
Yeah, I can confirm that the one-way land movement available for terrorists is a monumental problem. The president and the security team know exactly where the terrorists can attack from on land. They can simply park vehicles on the bridge above the president spawn and successfully hold off most ground attacks without breaking a sweat. I suggest placing an additional island between the two islands pictured below and connecting them all with bridges.

Terrorists always have the fastest vehicles available at their disposal for chasing the president in every map, I don't see why it should be any different with the Turquoise Islands. Placing a couple of fast boats like Jetmax and Squalo close to the terrorist spawn would be good, and also the standard fast cars terrorists can use in every map, such as Turismo, Cheetah, Infernus and the like. Also, I'd highly recommend placing some Sea Sparrows as well. As Mia pointed out, absolutely no one likes driving up a huge mountain.

All in all, I believe that the map in its current version is mostly designed for civilians to drive around and chill. However, it could have actual gamemode potential if it's slightly redesigned to enable two-way movement for terrorists and cops, and also with additional faster cars, boats and sea sparrows.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:47:01 pm by Nikola »

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 09:15:23 pm »
I think the map shoukd get a chance,honestly i disliked the fact theres no radar at the beginning but there might be a chance to add it and the map is here for 1 day bugs have to be fixed and will be if you are so smart why dont you make a map man? Cobra worked hard on the map and i belive it should not be removed just some bugs could be fixed and im sure they will be.
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 09:42:04 pm »
I sent the coordinates to Jonne for fast-loading ground objects to solve spawning underground & cars spawning underground bug. So it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for comments Mia and Nikola. That's how we can see it's gonna be better or we will just remove the map. All you have seeing problems there can be fixed, we can add new vehicles, we can add alternative ways, we can add or remove some map objects which there can always a solution.

I spent my weeks on this map, I gave effort. But it doesn't mean like this map must stay lol.. I'm okay with it's getting removed if we can't solve problems on map.

To remind you guys coming up with the idea "remove map" just a 24 hours later it has been on server;
I made a suggestion HERE a month ago before I started to work on it. So you were all good on that suggestions and giving me ideas to how to create those islands like this:
Sounds really good, can this map be equivalent to other maps in size and player capacity? Maybe adding a few bridges will enhance the map because boats are not enough imo

But when map comes out, commenting like this without any solid reason, I can't welcome;
Didn’t like the map, I’m not hindering your efforts but it’s just too lame to be Plan B worthy. It’s not competitive, it doesn’t live up to the hype, it’s just not death match material imo
Thanks for that tho, being honest for once.

I will welcome all comments with logical reasons, we can fix or not. Jonne is working hard on scripts, carg worked hard on boundaries, spawns, vehicles etc.. So instead of being disruptive, try to help with creative solutions guys, please... Thanks to Mia & Nikola again for their reasonable points, it really will help us to fix some issues on map :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:44:57 pm by COBRA »

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline glassy

• Score: 23188
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 09:48:35 pm »
it is something different, im getting used to the lack of (plans/helis, saw/sniper) making surviving harder and thus more fun in some way, i disliked it at the beginning but yeah u should find new ways to win sticking to the ground, but it really become so boring when the map doesn't change, like the most boring map in long rounds + just the fact that nothing but the symbols appear on the map make it so hard to locate someone, im gonna need to let the map image mia posted opened on my phone while playing to make moving less harder,  also when u pass from a bridge to a land sometimes the vehicle loose more hp than a normal scratch in the original maps. Thanks for the work.

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46496
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 10:03:02 pm »
rude fruity

Offline Fruiti.

• VIP
  • Score: 26670
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 10:45:11 pm »
rude fruity
this is not suggestion, delete this
[12:59:15] <SatviK> {33CCFF}[15] {FFFFFF}Im not going to duel NOers as their member got banned for aimbots

Offline AhMeD

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 10:54:52 pm »
I keep waiting sometimes for more than 7 maps to end waiting for the island map to come and you want
to get it removed it?? Wtf??

No and big no, this map is just awesome with the full meaning of that word, I have seen a lot of made maps on a lot of other servers, this one is just the best I have ever seen.

Add more islands so you can have more ways to go, if you think it doesn't fit for the game mode, but removing it is just bullshit x5.

Even when the love of my life saw is not there, the beauty, see, mountain, nature, islands made me forget it, Keep the island.   

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 01:31:22 am »
If you wanna remove turquoise islands, then just quit the game and come back when other maps are now spawned. Cobra worked hard on this map for a month and you want to remove it?!

Such a shame on my fellow countryman who was inactive for few months and came back and didn't liked the map who made by a veteran and talented player while your ass is on some videogames and shit. Appreciate your veteran player who worked really hard on the map. You came back here because of the ECQ in our country and make decisions like that? It's a big NO NO.

Also, I agree with Finisha, Mia, and Nikola. This map is totally fantastic to play but there are some disadvantages to one of the teams. That team are the Terrorists, I was a Security yesterday and there are 2 terrorists trying to get the president. They don't know how to get to the other islands and because of that, they use the boats to come and kill the president. And yes, I sprayed M4 bullets and easily blew them up.

I was very concerned for the terrorists because they all have to drive vehicles which are slow and to get past 4 islands to get to president. Using boats too, because of the securities/police's M4s that the boat will easily blown up.

My opinion is that remake the Turquoise Islands just for a little bit like adding fast vehicles and boats, add a map radar, add some sparrows/sea sparrows, and make the islands a little more movable or needs more mobility. Also, regulars and newbies didn't like the map. I don't know why or how.

Also, I suggest that put more Turquoise Islands in the map cycles because we(VIPS) wanted Turquoise Islands to spawn and explore it. Instead of putting on just the 2nd map cycle with 1 TQ spawn; how about put 1 more TQ Spawns on the first map cycle too?

For Example :
1st Map Cycle : RC > SF > LS > WV > NSA > TQ Islands > LV > FC

Most of us really wanted TQ Islands to spawn and we'll do whatever it takes to get us there. It was really fun yesterday, VIPS are always terrorists so they can finish the maps quickly. If there are enough terrorists to kill the president, we didn't even need armour lol. I think we finished 15+ maps to get TQ Islands there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:51:19 am by Lance_Towers »

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 03:11:08 am »
Brand new map, give it time to find out problems of the map and iron it overtime.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26:04 am »
I agree with what Mia said.

Above that, i want to add this, M4 should be granted for both teams as it is over powered in this map.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him