Poll

remove turquoise map

yes
15 (23.4%)
no
49 (76.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: remove turquoise map  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
Re: remove turquoise map
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 04:33:46 am »
No. But make the cycle a bit faster pls. We went through like 15+ maps to get this map again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:51:35 am by Uzumaki »

Offline Sabit

• VIP
  • Score: 4372
  • Rubber Duck member since 2013
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 04:42:05 am »
No. But make the cycle a bit faster pls. We went through like 15 + maps to get this map again.
Yes^

Most of us (according to the votes, as of now), appreciate and like the new map. We would like for it to come a bit faster. More experience in the new map, the more fun.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 07:23:21 am »
remove
Git gud.

Making the bridges passable from under will solve 90% of mobility problems and more boats. Remove Marquis its useless crap only suited for civilians and president, add more dinghy or coastguard.

Well that and minimap, its useless to open the pause menu map.
%

Offline JetPack

• VIP
  • Score: 8318
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 08:17:49 am »
You didn't even put reasons why it should get removed. The island is flawed, yes. But people should give it some time for it to improve. Everything has it's space and time to improve. Leave it alone for some time. Baking the first time will always not be perfect. And at least give some respect to those people who worked building the map.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 09:35:55 am »
The minimap can't be fixed
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 09:58:32 am »
The minimap can't be fixed

Whabout using the server sided borders for bridges and islands in different color? Simple squares would do fine for rough navigation.

I spent 2 hrs ingame and had entire flyover and didn't know there were more than 5 islands until Cobra showed the map.
%

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138973
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 11:08:18 am »
I agree with what Mia said.

Above that, i want to add this, M4 should be granted for both teams as it is over powered in this map.

Offline KarBon

• VIP
  • Score: 39654
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 11:52:50 am »

The map is linear. The archipelago forms an arch, so there is only one direction you can drive.

This.
Try adding more bridges that interconnect the islands, or, if not, compensate by adding more boats. After all, this map has a lot of water, and it would be much simpler to travel by boat.

Offline GroundZero

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 07:28:42 pm »
Map is good, needs another island or two and some more bridges.
Regards,
GroundZero[PPLV]
PTP's First Official VIP Player - 2008

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 04:36:39 pm »
As others have already mentioned, Cobra had suggested this idea about a month ago and it was added on 16th of may, due to the majority of positive votes, not to forget he had to create it from scratch. Instead of removing it, we should try to find solutions to the various issues found in the map.

Some of the issues I faced in this map,

1. The longer duration in the map rotation cycle to reach Turquoise Islands. Jonne already mentioned how the new map cycle works, but still, it looks like there is a delay in the map cycle to change to this map. As this is the first week of the new map, many of the new or retired players who return may want to play in the new map, the players may ignore the game-mode and try their best to end the normal maps asap. Either by teaming up as an army on a 1-man-team of the president, or even trying to force map change by the President quitting.

2. As mentioned, there is a need for a better route to the president, for the terrorists.

3. We could have a command like /faq islands to know more about this map, nades, armor, and health locations. This could help newbies.

4. Bugs resulting in the Player spawning underground.

5. Vehicles getting bugged:

Even when the love of my life saw is not there, the beauty, see, mountain, nature, islands made me forget it, Keep the island.
Let's do this for AhMeD!  :)

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 06:51:16 pm »
We will start to work on mapping fixes like as adding new route for terrorist; alternative bridges to islands, adding more vehicles and boats..

Well, in a brief of what players think about map and what I say:
(Westworld lovers will get this) ;D

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 07:47:56 pm »
I was expecting more of a sea battle than a car battle.
The map lacks boats, most of them are slow anyways. It would be nice to add all types of boats including the fast ones so you can easily get from 1 side to another. There are more cars/bikes than boats on the map.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Rev

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 10:57:43 pm »
Saw some complaints in-game. It's alright if you're frustrated, but trashing someone's work (COBRA, Jonne & Carg's efforts) is just unfair, especially when they only had the best interests in mind.

As most have pointed out, what the map needs are just some adjustments. The idea behind the map is incredible. Hopefully the people in charge can make it work  :)

Offline Aking_Bhai

• VIP
  • Score: 64983
  • Aking_Bhai™️
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 12:48:27 am »
Saw some complaints in-game. It's alright if you're frustrated, but trashing someone's work (COBRA, Jonne & Carg's efforts) is just unfair, especially when they only had the best interests in mind.

As most have pointed out, what the map needs are just some adjustments. The idea behind the map is incredible. Hopefully the people in charge can make it work  :)
+1

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 104238
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2020, 07:39:34 am »
I didn't read the shit everyone said but I will suggest to end this map faster.3 presidents is enough.

Raw Story: Yesterday a guy named "[VIP]WolF" , when the map came, quickly selected the President class and '/q'ed.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!