Author Topic: Neutralise the civilian class  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
Neutralise the civilian class
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:56:13 pm »
Ever since I joined this server I realised there’s an unfair imbalance in the game-mode, whether for the president or for the terrorist/anti-president class.

As we all know, civilians don’t get considered in the system that maintains the balance between the classes, which means that cases in which there are 4 security/cops, protecting the president, and 4 terrorists along with an unlimited number of civilians attacking the president, are possible and happen way too often. Although less often, there are also times in which the president calls their friends to join the civilian class because there are no more spots for protective classes. This makes the game unenjoyable for new players and less pro people that are not looking to be part of a gang and only enjoy the game-mode for what it is (like me).
So my suggestion would be to restrict civilians from being able to harm anyone but another civilian, thus making the civilian class parallel with the game-mode, being available for people who’d like to lay back, duel, race or fight with other civilians.

This isn’t necessarily a suggestion thread but more of a thread to raise awareness and gather more opinions from people that think this is a problem or people that don’t, so please, if you disagree, explain why and don’t simply reply with “-1”.

Thanks for understanding and I hope you agree or at least come with other suggestions to fix this.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:06:49 pm by Judah »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: Neutralise the civilian class
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:41:19 pm »
Well there were suggestions in the past to remove sniper and saw from civilians, I think it was the better solution on this problem.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 10:44:22 pm »
Nerf civs Op pls nerf reduce health 50% no armor for Civs Civ op pls nerf cry cry help nerf pls admen
I nub join server cannot survive stupid civ Rekt my ass admen nerf civ madafak sever nerf civ give them only dildo unfair imbecile balance
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:50:32 pm by Lions »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 11:48:35 pm »
Look, there is no way you can force people to play the gamemode, it is stupid. If you remove chainsaw and sniper from civilian class, people will start losing interest in the server because no one likes to be forced. Some people like you tend to enjoy by playing the game mode, cool but there are some others who just want to chill with their friends, is it bad?

And for your suggestion, of course -1 because as i mentioned, people will lose interest in the server. But I would like to see people playing the gm, it is more fun I agree but I don't want some stupid suggestions like this to be implemented.. maybe a different idea would sound better, looking forward to hear it.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 12:16:50 am »
So you've mentioned that a civilian would only be able to damage or kill another civilian; what would happen if a player from another class tries to kill that civilian? Do they have to die since they can't damage any player from another class or are they invulnerable to damage from a player of any other class? If so that would be a major distraction from the PTP game mode as newbies or even regulars would be busy free-roaming, not paying attention to the game mode at all the whole day. I'd like to hear your reply to that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:02:35 pm by Haunter »

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 01:42:10 am »
Look, there is no way you can force people to play the gamemode, it is stupid. If you remove chainsaw and sniper from civilian class, people will start losing interest in the server because no one likes to be forced. Some people like you tend to enjoy by playing the game mode, cool but there are some others who just want to chill with their friends, is it bad?

And for your suggestion, of course -1 because as i mentioned, people will lose interest in the server. But I would like to see people playing the gm, it is more fun I agree but I don't want some stupid suggestions like this to be implemented.. maybe a different idea would sound better, looking forward to hear it.
And what in those suggestions stops you from chilling with your friends? It would seems that more people are leaving because no one plays the gamemode, than people leaving because someone plays the gamemode. This is PTP, if you want to chill with your friends and you can't do it on PTP, there are other servers.

And by the way no one is forcing you to play the gamemode, people just want to be able to play it.

Offline Judah

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 09:27:30 am »
So you've mentioned that a civillian would only be able to damage or kill another civillian; what would happen if a player from another class tries to kill that civillian? -snip-
Oops, I forgot to mention that civilians should be immune to damage from other classes.

Look, there is no way you can force people to play the gamemode, it is stupid. -snip-
I understand your concern, but this suggestion doesn't stop you from chilling with your friends, you would still be able to duel and not be forced to play the gamemode if you choose to play as civilian, this suggestion would only prevent you from teaming with your friends as civs and ganging on the president.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 10:26:38 am »

And what in those suggestions stops you from chilling with your friends? It would seems that more people are leaving because no one plays the gamemode, than people leaving because someone plays the gamemode. This is PTP, if you want to chill with your friends and you can't do it on PTP, there are other servers.

And by the way no one is forcing you to play the gamemode, people just want to be able to play it.

What does recent suggestions proof ?
You want to remove Sniper and Chainsaw from civillian class, what does it mean ? It is obvious that you want the players to play the gm, right ?

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 10:30:12 am »

What does recent suggestions proof ?
You want to remove Sniper and Chainsaw from civillian class, what does it mean ? It is obvious that you want the players to play the gm, right ?
Yes I wan't the players to play the gamemode, after all that's what this server is for, but I'm not forcing them to do it and I won't force them. Right now I just don't want civilians to be such killing machines. I don't see how removing the sniper and saw from civilians could force you to play the gamemode.

Offline popcornZ

• VIP
  • ghatskot wla ghn5chi lk dra3 diali f trma dial bak
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 03:49:52 am »
Ever since I joined this server I realised there’s an unfair imbalance in the game-mode, whether for the president or for the terrorist/anti-president class.

As we all know, civilians don’t get considered in the system that maintains the balance between the classes, which means that cases in which there are 4 security/cops, protecting the president, and 4 terrorists along with an unlimited number of civilians attacking the president, are possible and happen way too often. Although less often, there are also times in which the president calls their friends to join the civilian class because there are no more spots for protective classes. This makes the game unenjoyable for new players and less pro people that are not looking to be part of a gang and only enjoy the game-mode for what it is (like me).
So my suggestion would be to restrict civilians from being able to harm anyone but another civilian, thus making the civilian class parallel with the game-mode, being available for people who’d like to lay back, duel, race or fight with other civilians.

This isn’t necessarily a suggestion thread but more of a thread to raise awareness and gather more opinions from people that think this is a problem or people that don’t, so please, if you disagree, explain why and don’t simply reply with “-1”.

Thanks for understanding and I hope you agree or at least come with other suggestions to fix this.

Lets say your suggestion is taken into considuration.If I wanted to play as terrorist and the class remained full for as long as I was online,I will have no choice but to choose a class that I dont want to play in it. In this case, the players will start to leave the game and pray to get back sometime ( we hope they get back because eventually with time they will start losing interest in the server
) and find their favourite class available.Besides not all civilians hunt the president, some of them help him and some of them dont.Civilians do not hunt just the president, they hunt everyone in their way.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 01:12:07 pm »
I agree that there's an unfair balance between those hunting the president and those who are protecting him, caused mainly by not taking into account the civilians when balancing the teams. Although I don't believe forcing players to play the gamemode is the solution, this suggestion will certainly encourage regulars to play the gamemode without forcing them. I think it's a win-win for those who want to play and for those you who don't want to.
also its just like the only topic i have thought about the most, i play civilian mostly but i dont use the op stuff and just actually hang out. This would be great if implemented

Offline Judah

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 01:56:26 pm »
Well there were suggestions in the past to remove sniper and saw from civilians, I think it was the better solution on this problem.
It's a good solution and is obviously better than nothing but will firepower make a difference against an imbalanced ratio of teams, say 4 to 16?

Let's say your suggestion is taken into consideration. If I wanted to play as a terrorist and the class remained full for as long as I was online, I will have no choice but to choose a class that I don't want to play in it.
I'm afraid the status quo is far worse than the consequences you fear will arise should my suggestion be implemented, and it is one of the reasons why many new players move on to other servers. In a hypothetically balanced server, anyone who wishes to play the game mode (that is most, even though some claim otherwise) will have pick one of the two teams, meaning that a situation in which a team is full for the entire duration of a user's gameplay, is unlikely to occur.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:08:16 pm by Judah »

Offline HardY

• Score: 27364
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 07:25:40 pm »
+1 Fuck Orange Army

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 10:02:26 pm »
The God has spoken
Why wasnt this implemented yet?
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 10:43:49 pm »
The God has spoken
Why wasnt this implemented yet?
Yeah, why?