Author Topic: Question that raises in my mind  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Question that raises in my mind
« on: August 24, 2021, 10:57:46 am »
I've heard from some people that VPN is now allowed in PTP. Admins were used to kick/ban people for using VPN (I remember Fimpen doing it) so why is VPN allowed? If VPN is allowed when why something like this (https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=6267.0) is not allowed?? Doesn't VPN changes the data tracking anyway and if it changes, where are these words that willing to catch my eye?

As this mod sends modified data to the server and misguides players in combat (chainsaw fights, ramming people etc), it won't be allowed

It's not a mod but it does change everything so what's this hypocrisy?? Why VPN's allowed and fakeping.cs not? Both do the same thing doesn't it which is to alter the ping, internet lag and other things and most importantly: fake location.

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 150599
Re: Question that raises in my mind
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 12:07:48 pm »
Ping modification just changes your ping while your net is perfectly fine, and whereas VPN brings lag with higher ping, it won't show false ping.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:41:20 pm by Scott_ »

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 01:03:41 pm »
Ping modification just changes your ping while your net is perfectly fine, and whereas VPN brings lag with higher ping, it won't show false ping.
Right but my point is, doesn't lag make it superior over others?

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 01:49:44 pm »
No it does not because as its hard for them to hit you its also hard for you to hit them
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 139028
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 01:58:49 pm »
Yes  But not as alsways With Higher pings,Depends on ur net that Moment,Sometimes i get better Ping with VPNs!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:05:56 pm by venom »

Offline HawayiJahz

• Mod
  • Score: 9858
  • Wanna get rammed?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 09:17:15 pm »
Right but my point is, doesn't lag make it superior over others?
If lag gave you a serious edge over other players, I don't think laggers would be allowed at all.
Besides, I believe there are countries you can't access certain servers from unless you use a VPN.

Offline S0n1c

• Mod
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 09:21:50 pm »
Besides, I believe there are countries you can't access certain servers from unless you use a VPN.
That's literally the only reason that would put me in favour of allowing the use of VPNs.