Author Topic: [Disallowed]FAKEping.cs  (Read 8245 times)

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • BiB GOATS
Re: [Disallowed]FAKEping.cs
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 08:30:33 am »
Either disallow addon and sprinthook or allow fakeping.cs simple as that
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline Specifer

• Score: 29946
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 08:33:42 am »
I have a doubt. What happens when a ping modification user has 1100 ping but is shown as 170 ping? What happens then? Would the server be able to kick him or he will be considered to have 170 ping and keeps playing with that ping?

Sindacco you know this?

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 09:18:46 am »
I have a doubt. What happens when a ping modification user has 1100 ping but is shown as 170 ping? What happens then? Would the server be able to kick him or he will be considered to have 170 ping and keeps playing with that ping?

Sindacco you know this?

He might be kicked before typing the /setampl cmd imo, very uncommon example though

Offline Specifer

• Score: 29946
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 09:20:33 am »

Sindacco you know this?

He might be kicked before typing the /setampl cmd imo, very uncommon example though

Cool.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2021, 05:42:06 pm »

Sindacco you know this?

He won’t be able to play with that ping anyway. To modify the ping you need to be ingame and if the user joins with 1000 ping he gonna get kicked
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:46:51 pm by LuCa »

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 103363
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 03:40:43 pm »
@altus - there is no right, wtf you mean "I'd like to use the right of reopening this topic"?
how much did fibnisha pay you? maybe a fortune, because you took a turn quickly.
yes, finisher has paid altus to reopen a topic..He has paid vast sums of wealth some are talking even thousands.
Yes yes.

@Specifer if the server is smart it will detect the lag instead of a number one can say
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Fran

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 04:34:54 pm »
I don't know why mods like Sprinthook or addon, I have been testing addon  these last days and for me it's very op( same as what Finisher said). But why you trying to allow this kind of mods, when I was moderator I used to track cheaters only using their ping to identify them, changing ping info will be a pain if we talk about to track, ram or identify an UC. Finisher already knew that this mod was disallowed but he wanted to use it even knowing the risks. Just disallow addon, Sprinthook and this useless mod. If you wanna play as UC just do it, why do you want to change your ping in game? It's useless.

Offline swagger

• VIP
Re: FAKEping.cs
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 04:59:39 pm »
I think this mod should be disallowed because a player's ping is a crucial bit of information that I end up checking quite often in order to ram vehicles (mostly presidents) as the actual position of moving targets varies a lot with their ping. This mod might lead to misjudgment.

I agree with Hawayi, Ping is most important part of information to calculate the ram or crash of plane on a player , for example if some one having 300+ ping and he fakes it to lets say 25 , then obviously the ram and crash wont happen due to miss calculation , so in my opinion this is consider a proper hacking tool rather than just changing numbers , i remember ramming a player who is banned at the moment  ;D i failed every time i try to do it , Now i understand that this player was using Hacks faking his ping all the time, This mod ruins in game fun for everyone , Imagine lets have 25 ping party all players set pings to same this is ridiculous mod in my opinion -1 for this

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 05:35:28 pm »
I understand you like to ram people, but this server already allows speed hacks known as Sprinthook, somehow you’re fine with players outrunning you and escaping being killed because you can’t keep up with their speed. And no, I’ve used fake ping for 1 session only, Swagger  :D

I don't know why mods like Sprinthook or addon, I have been testing addon  these last days and for me it's very op( same as what Finisher said). But why you trying to allow this kind of mods, when I was moderator I used to track cheaters only using their ping to identify them, changing ping info will be a pain if we talk about to track, ram or identify an UC. Finisher already knew that this mod was disallowed but he wanted to use it even knowing the risks. Just disallow addon, Sprinthook and this useless mod. If you wanna play as UC just do it, why do you want to change your ping in game? It's useless.

How is ping and identifying hackers work? Yes I know allowing this mod is a stupid idea but the admins made stupid ideas too allowing speed hacks  (but me using a disallowed mod is the stupidest at least I’ll admit that :P)

+1 for disallowing all of them altogether if possible (Sprinthook and addon too)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 05:40:41 pm by Finisher »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 08:55:16 pm »
Irrelevant comments have been removed. Sort out your personal issues in PMs; those who continue might get muted. The point is to convince head admins to alter the decision or to keep it, not to start a tempest in a teacup here.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline RockOfAges

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 12:11:04 am »
Pingchanger can confuse players who try to ram (air and land) and those who use a saw, as they rely on the enemy's ping to execute their move. And this,
I used to track cheaters only using their ping to identify them, changing ping info will be a pain if we talk about to track
knowing a player's ping makes it easier to track someone. So this already causes problems for regular players and moderators as well, and it's completely useless because all it does is change your ping, just join without it.

Addon gives an advantage to those who use it. It has completely changed the game mode, drive-by with spas was the meta a few years ago, now it's useless because cops and secs can get a 2k car, surf, and snipe you and the passenger before you get close to them. Everyone just surfs (snipers) with addon now.

Sprint hook is not the same as tapping space or using your scroll wheel. This thing does give a speed advantage, especially if the player's ping is high or lagging, they start sliding. Overall, this server has a history of disallowing bugs, such as c-bug and two shots, so why not keep the game like that by disallowing all three?

Offline Fran

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 01:44:45 am »

How is ping and identifying hackers work? Yes I know allowing this mod is a stupid idea but the admins made stupid ideas too allowing speed hacks  (but me using a disallowed mod is the stupidest at least I’ll admit that :P)

+1 for disallowing all of them altogether if possible (Sprinthook and addon too)
I always used to catch our fallen friend Ghostz when he was undercover, I knew how he played and remembered his ping to record him. Pingfake will be a pain in the ass for moderators and regular players. For level 4+ it's not a big deal because they can check their ip easily.
Pingchanger can confuse players who try to ram (air and land) and those who use a saw, as they rely on the enemy's ping to execute their move. And this,
I used to track cheaters only using their ping to identify them, changing ping info will be a pain if we talk about to track

Addon gives an advantage to those who use it. It has completely changed the game mode, drive-by with spas was the meta a few years ago, now it's useless because cops and secs can get a 2k car, surf, and snipe you and the passenger before you get close to them. Everyone just surfs (snipers) with addon now.

Sprint hook is not the same as tapping space or using your scroll wheel. This thing does give a speed advantage, especially if the player's ping is high or lagging, they start sliding. Overall, this server has a history of disallowing bugs, such as c-bug and two shots, so why not keep the game like that by disallowing all three?

I completely agree with Rock, just disallow those mods that gives a CLEARLY advantage to players who does not use them. The server was practically 10 years without that mods, why do we have to use them now? If we talk about fps problem it's not so hard to get good frames only using graphic modifications that removes smokes, useless textures and some other stuff.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 01:53:48 am by Fran »

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2021, 08:55:40 am »
knowing a player's ping makes it easier to track someone. So this already causes problems for regular players and moderators as well, and it's completely useless because all it does is change your ping, just join without it.

Disallow all of these mods OR reopen the topic for sprinthook and addon so we can discuss it, i dislike addon but had to use it cause everyone else does and also everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass is some players who use faster sprinthooks like Aking and Hicham and run 250 mph disallow these mods lets all play clean and legit
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline S0n1c

• Mod
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 08:08:54 am »
Just by looking at the replies on this thread you can notice that it is obvious why this mod should be disallowed: it grants combat advantage to the user. Furthermore, it creates confusion between players, between the staff and between the staff and the players. Another side effect is that it encourages more players to install CLEO to use this mod.

Personally I would prefer the least possible amount of allowed mods. I would like it if only the mods that visually affect the game without granting any advantage to the user were allowed, but that's not possible. SAMP is an old game with a lot of loopholes and there's mods the staff cannot detect correctly, efficiently and accurately, that's why it was decided that they should be allowed. I believe this is a choice the staff was forced to make to avoid unfair punishments and promote justice in the server by allowing the mods and leaving it up to the players to decide whether they want to use the mods and make justice for themselves or not. However, the situation is different when it comes to ping amplifiers as this mod can be detected accurately.

"Sprinthook is allowed, why should ping amplifiers be disallowed" - I hope that by now you have realized that this is not the correct approach towards the matter. I don't like it that sprinthook is allowed, but on the other hand I believe that given the fact that we don't have a fully accurate way to detect it and people would still use it without being punished while others that wouldn't be using it would be at a disadvantage in fights, then yes, I'd rather have it allowed than create such a situation where there is no equity between players.

Moving on to addon - it should be detected easily and accurately, and if that is the case and I am not mistaken about it I'd have it disallowed on the spot for the reasons posted above, which in short it would be: It grants combat advantage to the user.

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 09:40:03 am »
No need of this one , why do you wanna hide your identity in the first place { if its admin trying to mask his identity then its fair enough to catch offenders }
you guys can /report the suspected players instead of trying to catch a player undercover.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:42:48 am by Great_Khali »