Leave it as it is
35 (70%)
Disable sniper after using jetpacks
7 (14%)
Remove the jetpacks
8 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: December 10, 2016, 06:46:09 pm

Author Topic: Holiday update: 3 Dec  (Read 49005 times)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: Holiday update: 3 Dec
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2016, 05:10:03 pm »
I understand you Spectre, temporary or permanent the opinion will stay there for future discussion whether to add it or not or maybe make a major change regarding Jetpacks like removing vip features in order to make it fair for everyone because VIPs aren't supposed to always have the higher advantage over normal regulars. At least the holiday temporary period, something like that :p we can always get to a solution! We discuss, we reach the neutral solution, we apply it :) all it takes is a... little bit of respect<3

And I'll type it again, the server is being shaped by the players who are playing it right now, all thanks to Jonne and our suggestion board :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:12:22 pm by Finisher »

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2016, 05:43:38 pm »
Well said fini  !
Respect all players opinions!

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2016, 06:24:48 pm »
I hardly think that minigun and jetpack-sniper combo are the same, Altus.
Of course I reduced it to absurdum, by that I just wanted to state that the time doesn't matter when we're talking about mere possibility of existance of imbalanced strategies on our server. I understand the opinion that overpowered things for VIPs are fine if they are temporary, but I cannot agree with that. Just put yourself of non-VIPs place, and you'll understand. Should they cease playing for these 3 weeks?..

And as far as I got it, everyone has access to jetpacks, so you can kinda run away at any time.
Only civilians have access to it. The bug when you could pick up your jetpack after reclassing is hopefully fixed.

I don't see how this will affect your experience permanently.
Oh, Spectre... I have stated that twice already. But I don't mind repeating if I am replied nicely.
It doesn't affect our (mine & Mia's) experience that much. Yes, this could be annoying, but in comparison with the other challenges we face while playing... It is like waving off wasps while fighting a tiger. We have sniper rifles, we can shoot back, our opponent would likely escape as it is much easier than to catch him, but we won't likely die too.
But it would noticeably affect non-VIPs' gameplay as they literally have no tools to fight such sniper. Country rifle's range is maybe half as much as sniper rifle. If you have no aircraft, your only option is to run away (or hide). And it's not due to great efforts of the shooter. No, he just picked a jetpack and paid for sniper rifle, and you've got no options against him. That's too favourable for VIPs. And, as for me, it is very unfair to the people who don't want (or cannot) pay.

This is an interesting suggestion, but is it really worth the hassle? (not a rhetorical question, I'd like to know) To put that kind of effort for something that's not even going to be permanent?
That should be very easy. In the very basic case you need an array of flags for each player. The flag is set when a player picks up a jetpack, and dropped when he respawns or disconnects. If the flag is being set, you don't receive a sniper rifle when using /sniper or /vipme. Instead you can be given country rifle (for example).
And if the idea of adding jetpacks and holiday temporary objects was worth the time spent, a fix of the overpowered strategy should be worth it as well.

P.S. I am really glad to read you replies, Fini. :) Probably everything is not that bad. Indeed, all of us must learn to respect each other and to tolerate any points of view, even if they come across our personal opinions or interests.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »
I understand the concerns, but from what I've seen, most of the non-VIPs are asking "Where are the jetpacks", to use them, more than complaining about it being overpowered. I think most of them are alright with it and enjoy having the jetpacks around for a limited amount of time. But anyway, I added a poll to see what the majority thinks here. The poll will run for 5 days, after that we'll see what we'll do.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2016, 07:44:15 pm »
I understand the concerns, but from what I've seen, most of the non-VIPs are asking "Where are the jetpacks", to use them, more than complaining about it being overpowered. I think most of them are alright with it and enjoy having the jetpacks around for a limited amount of time. But anyway, I added a poll to see what the majority thinks here. The poll will run for 5 days, after that we'll see what we'll do.

It's always pleasant to see that what we discuss in these forums is taken into account, but I don't think that poll is what we exactly need to settle this dispute. First, because you just need to take a glance at the last 4 pages of this topic to notice that the majority overwhelmingly wants everything to remain as it is. Second, because it's clear that this problem only affects a minority, those who get sniped because they don't want to make peace with every VIP, while the majority exploits it. If I could take advantage of sniper+jetpack without being sniped by other jetpackers, like most of the VIPs and all the staff members, I'd probably vote the first option too. You shouldn't expect the ones taking advantage of it to put an end to their own advantage...

As you said, most of people find jetpacks interesting and fun, they aren't so common in SAMP servers. It would be a shame to remove them as long as there's an alternative solution. That's why I voted to just disable snipers for players using jetpacks.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Tuco

• VIP
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2016, 08:05:57 pm »

You forgot to add the option "Keep it after holidays"

Offline Litteratus

• VIP
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2016, 08:09:37 pm »
TL; DR for bustlers: I agree with Altus.

I checked jetpacks today, and I must agree that jetpack + sniper rifle combo is way too powerful. Sniper rifles should be substituted with country rifles for jetpack users.
By the way, jetpacks could be added for securities instead of civilians. They are forced to follow president anyways, maybe that would help them to stay in touch?

If any of this will happen, it would be possible to keep jetpacks even after holidays.
I agree with Altus.

Offline Tuco

• VIP
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2016, 08:14:52 pm »
Let me record a video of another thing I also take it to be too powerful. Civs with jetpacks and sniper, in comparison to it, are nothing.

And you know what I am talking about.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2016, 08:44:02 pm »
How about you guys stop talking about and just vote since Jonne added a poll. I see a lot of articles here and i am not gonna waste my time to read the same thing written in the first page. Anyways, hope some people here stop with essays and summarize it to a small paragraph.

Poll's current result is the answer for everyone taking part in the argument. Mia and Altus (*cough*)

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »
Poll's current result is the answer for everyone taking part in the argument. Mia and Altus (*cough*)

Yes, you definitely didn't waste your time reading what I said. I won't waste mine explaining you why what you just said makes no sense at this moment, you can just scroll up and waste some of your time.

I see a lot of articles here and i am not gonna waste my time to read the same thing written in the first page. Anyways, hope some people here stop with essays and summarize it to a small paragraph.

http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=555.msg3812#msg3812

Hahaha.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:53:26 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2016, 08:57:52 pm »

Yes, you definitely didn't waste your time reading what I said. I won't waste mine explaining you why what you just said makes no sense at this moment, you can just scroll up and waste some of your time.

I see a lot of articles here and i am not gonna waste my time to read the same thing written in the first page. Anyways, hope some people here stop with essays and summarize it to a small paragraph.

http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=555.msg3812#msg3812

Hahaha.

Yes Mia, i agree that jetpack + sniper will be way powerful over the notmal players but don't you think it is kinda same as helicopter + sniper ? So should we remove helis too ?
anyways, since u did not reply with an article it will be better to stop arguments and just wait for the poll's result.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Alcor

• VIP
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2016, 09:00:02 pm »
my poor brain can't take all these long posts. Please include a tl:dr version or work on your summary skills.

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2016, 09:16:53 pm »
Some nice updates, coolio :)

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2016, 09:27:12 pm »
Unfortunately, you can't just decide for something if other people doesn't think the same way as you. That's why I asked to add a poll here to know the opinion of other people. You just don't decide what to add and what to remove if the odds are not in your favor. Yes, you have a freedom to express your thoughts about this but it does not mean that you can get everything what you want. I understand what you're fighting for, but the majority have spoken. So please, just listen to the majority because they know what is better for this community.

PTP is for the community, every decisions made are for the sake of the majority, not for the satisfaction of other small groups.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »
my poor brain can't take all these long posts. Please include a tl:dr version or work on your summary skills.
Very Important Players of Protect the President Server Plan B do not like that plebs (lvl 0 and lvl 1) are not paid a single penny and still can use jetpacks.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.