Author Topic: Anti death evade system is bullshit  (Read 8663 times)

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: Anti death evade system is bullshit
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 08:02:21 am »
The worst thing is we can get killed while having Spawn Protection also. Some modifications are needed indeed.

Sometimes the actors don't even spawn in-spawn making it really unfair for the players who get their's spawned.
You cant be killed under spawnprotection. Actors are removed for spawnprotection.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 03:15:44 pm »
I definitely like Jonne's aspiration to remove any possibilities of breaking rules instead of punishing for it post factum. Just imagine there was a script to disable all of the player's cheats when he joins our server. :) What a better world would it be! Most of the bans would be gone, moderators and admins wouldn't be needed that badly too - only to regulate the community maybe. Our online would also grow up rapidly. Who cares if a person intended to use cheats if he can't do it anyways? Unfortunately, it is only thought experiment.

But if we can deploy such scripts to prevent other sorts of rulebreaking, we do it. Death evasion is a case too. Just look at the Reports Archives, there are a lot of death evasion cases. Now it is hardly possible. I'll quote myself:
Besides, recently Jonne has added (but not officially announced yet) the anti death evasion system based on static, motionless actor which appears at the place where a player disconnected/reclassed/went duelling/... for 15 seconds with the same amount of health and armour the player had. If you kill this defenseless actor, you'll gain another point to your kill score, and the respective player will only gain a death point.
I can only add the the actor is removed from the car and he receives damage from the 'natural' causes such as falling or lack of oxygen underwater. So don't reclass etc in the water or midair.

There is only one bug: you shouldn't be able to deal damage to a clone if you belong to the same team he belonged to at the moment of his reclassing etc.

Now, please, explain, what exactly don't you like in the entire system so you start this topic in the Bug Reports section, MegaPilot?
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 04:43:40 pm »
One guy was standing on a road,and was probably going to quit,somehow i managed to damage him with a car and i got the kill. I wasn't even going to kill him.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »
Altus, Today TeamKill was seen.
You said that team killing wasn't possible for actors but happened.
What u gonna say now

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 09:53:11 pm »
Altus, Today TeamKill was seen.
You said that team killing wasn't possible for actors but happened.
What u gonna say now

Read his reply again. He clearly mentioned the bug.
There is only one bug: you shouldn't be able to deal damage to a clone if you belong to the same team he belonged to at the moment of his reclassing etc.

I'd also like to add; You shouldn't be able to gain a kill from your own clone when you reclass (eg. A Terrorist going into Civilian spawn and does /rc c and kills his own actor and gains a kill).

Just a few bugs here and there. Nothing "bullshit" about it.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 03:37:43 am »
I'll make an update post about it tomorrow, explaining how the system works and listing all of the other updates as well. As for the bug report, there are a couple of small bugs that have been fixed now. One of them was the distance (you probably noticed Piu killing you from a long distance), it was calculating the distance between the player that killed you and your current position, instead of the position of the actor. That has been fixed now. I've added a fix for teamkilling a couple of days ago, but apparently there was still a bug in it. I've updated it last night and teamkilling shouldn't be possible anymore now. The kills also won't show up on the sidebar anymore, since it will always show your new class colour, and that might lead to confusion.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 12:28:58 pm »
I'll make an update post about it tomorrow, explaining how the system works and listing all of the other updates as well. As for the bug report, there are a couple of small bugs that have been fixed now. One of them was the distance (you probably noticed Piu killing you from a long distance), it was calculating the distance between the player that killed you and your current position, instead of the position of the actor. That has been fixed now. I've added a fix for teamkilling a couple of days ago, but apparently there was still a bug in it. I've updated it last night and teamkilling shouldn't be possible anymore now. The kills also won't show up on the sidebar anymore, since it will always show your new class colour, and that might lead to confusion.
It is indeed confusing
But yay thanks for update!

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 09:04:00 pm »
Thanks. :)