Author Topic: Ban History  (Read 7065 times)

Offline [ThuG].Tonny

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Nada como uma dia após o outro dia!
    • @rodrigo2w
Ban History
« on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:06 pm »
If possible, it would be cool if the player profile shows how many times it has been banned and the reasons.

Best regards,
"And remember, respect is everything"
                                          (GTA II)

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: Ban History
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:07 pm »
And why do you need that?

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 01:23:49 am »
Sometimes,players are getting wrongfully banned by AC (bug). You can't blame them for something they didn't do.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:34:09 am »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:24:36 pm by Hito »

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 10:58:54 am »
It wouldn't be helpful in gameplay. Also adding many things means adding more bugs. Just look at UIF server, it lags like hell. 

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 11:12:54 am »
And why do you need that?
Because otherwise, people get to pretend that they've never been banned. We already have this information from the ban appeals section, but people change their names to obfuscate their history (which in some cases doesn't remain only their history). Making ban information available also makes being banned much more of a punishment, since that player will carry with them evidence of wrongdoing. The current system doesn't discourage cheating as much as it discourages being banned. Once a player is unbanned, who cares? They can just cheat until they're caught again, and only people who actually pay attention and remember might know better. The highest punishment in the server should at least have a few lasting effects.

Sometimes,players are getting wrongfully banned by AC (bug). You can't blame them for something they didn't do.
Fine, then remove those wrong bans from the history. I do think that some bans shouldn't necessarily be in the history forever, such as bans for non-cheating offenses.

It wouldn't be helpful in gameplay. Also adding many things means adding more bugs. Just look at UIF server, it lags like hell. 
Couldn't you argue that people cheating, getting banned, then getting unbanned with no long-term consequences to discourage them (and others watching) from cheating is detrimental to gameplay? I can't see this adding much bug-wise or causing lag, particularly if it's in the CP.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:20:01 am by YoMama »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 01:14:18 pm »
@Yomama, and how do you propose to clear so much AC bug bans from players history?

Offline Spici_Popot

• VIP
  • "Pooped" Or "FuckOff"
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 04:34:16 pm »
BAN ME!..

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 05:55:27 pm »
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 06:13:14 pm »
I will wait for Yomama's reply. I think yomama's idea can work if it is added in CP but on the other hand, Carg's question is also valid. I will vote when I will get a solid answer and also watching other's opinions / ideas.

Offline Hito

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 07:24:49 pm »

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 07:43:33 pm »
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2287.0

Yoo
That topic was about to reset the /stats content completely (excluding the total time, date registered and previous nick). This topic is about player's ban history. So excuse me and what the fuck are you trying to show?
Another add-on to this idea- I think adding in a bans section to a player's profile in the CP (which shows all bans and their reasons) would make cheating even less attractive. It's not information that can't already be found, it's just putting it all in one place. If a ban is unjust, it could be "pardoned" and removed from the CP. I thought of this one because some of our players seem to conveniently change their nick after they've been caught.
That was added in addition later after the actual suggested point so please.

Offline Hito

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 07:51:26 pm »
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2287.0

Yoo
That topic was about to reset the /stats content completely (excluding the total time, date registered and previous nick). This topic is about player's ban history. So excuse me and what the fuck are you trying to show?
Another add-on to this idea- I think adding in a bans section to a player's profile in the CP (which shows all bans and their reasons) would make cheating even less attractive. It's not information that can't already be found, it's just putting it all in one place. If a ban is unjust, it could be "pardoned" and removed from the CP. I thought of this one because some of our players seem to conveniently change their nick after they've been caught.
That was added in addition later after the actual suggested point so please.
Its the same suggestion!! No ?

As for the bans, I don't think it's a good idea to add the complete history to their profile, but we could add something that says if they're currently banned, and the reason.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:54:29 pm by Hito »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 09:46:50 pm »
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline IDAN