Author Topic: [Added]Remove screen txt messsage in duels  (Read 8419 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Remove screen txt messsage in duels
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »
If you're thinking about this as a command for everywhere, no. I thought about this idea too, but there's a problem. There are already enough excuses to avoid playing the gamemode, and making it so you can just tune out the President by disabling the announcements is pushing it too far. It's pretty painful to play as President when there are a bunch of good people on as terrorists, only to find out that they're too busy fighting with cops from opposing clans at the armor/health spawns.

I would, however, support moving the text up a little so it isn't right in the middle of the screen.
This kind of logic is barely understandable for me. You, YoMama, are a person who is always against restrictions, who is advocating new potentially useful features and capabilites, why are you against this? How would the removal of the annoying announcement prevent people from playing the gamemode if this message is duplicated in the chat anyways? It doesn't really bother me, but I wouldn't mind fighting without it. It was basically added for young newbies who have just learnt to read and who would skip less attention-attracting message.

So, why do you veto building a house just because someone can write an obscene word on its wall? This position reminds me of general relation of my country authorities to my country citizens: they are treated like mindless anencephali who should be deprived and resticted from everything and anything because they can harm themselves and the others. Such relation by default personally offends me as a citizen of my coutry (sorry for the offtop).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:10:55 pm by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 04:36:16 pm »
Yeah, that announce on screen is annoying for duelers. So Disable it when someone in duel if possible. Otherwise, let it be as this way already..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 11:16:29 pm »
This kind of logic is barely understandable for me. You, YoMama, are a person who is always against restrictions, who is advocating new potentially useful features and capabilites, why are you against this? How would the removal of the annoying announcement prevent people from playing the gamemode if this message is duplicated in the chat anyways? It doesn't really bother me, but I wouldn't mind fighting without it. It was basically added for young newbies who have just learnt to read and who would skip less attention-attracting message.
I am not completely against restrictions. I am for restrictions and suggestions that encourage people to actually play the game mode. I believe, for example, that armor camping should be limited because it just leads to pointless deathmatching that has little to do with people chasing the President. I would also prefer that the clans came to an agreement to actually play the game instead of not killing each other when they're on separate teams.

I was playing yesterday as security, and it was looking like it was going to be fun until the GgT people chasing the president, who were the real threats, discovered that the President was an RD member and stopped attacking him and instead went to kill newbies. This is definitely not an uncommon occurrence, but it made me especially annoyed because this has become so normalized that they announced this on the mainchat. I hate seeing someone with a red nick writing "I'm attacking" on the mainchat, or "can I attack?". I honestly don't understand the appeal of being President when no one is going to chase you because of clan leanings, but I don't feel anyone needs to understand it to realize that it sucks the life out of the game.

If something goofy is thrown in, like Vortices or Karts, I'm fine with it because it could be used in the game mode and certainly won't detract from it. However, I'm not OK with letting people constantly ignore the purpose of the game. You're right that this is not exactly the suggestion to make that stand on and that nixing this suggestion won't actually stop people from ignoring the game mode, but we seem to be to the point where you're either an unusual regular or a new player if you actually chase or protect the President, and I'm for suggestions that will shift that balance back to where it should be. As for the clans, they should measure their success by their ability to play the gamemode, not by ratios gained mainly from killing people who are barely even figuring out what color is the President.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:20:41 pm by YoMama »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 05:39:10 pm »
Added.