Author Topic: [Added & Tested]More suggestions  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Added & Tested]More suggestions
« on: March 20, 2016, 12:10:49 pm »
1. Any form of anti spam

2. Some kind of racism filter so you can't say words like "nigger"

3. Add a minimum amount of minutes(Like 15, or 30 as it is in PTP now) you have to play before you can register.

4. Add a 30 seconds cooldown to /report

5. Bring back races (If it's still desired)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:08:14 pm by Uthar_Smith »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Re: [Suggestions]More suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 11:26:17 pm »
1 and 3 will certainly be added in a future update. 2 sounds good as well, we can have a filter for "bad words" that just blocks the message and shows a warning instead, I think I'll add that in a future update as well (less of a priority though). 4 sounds good as well, I'll just add that in a future update as well.

For 5, there will definitely be a racing system and I have a pretty good idea of how I'll make it, but I haven't started scripting it yet. It's more of a low priority, longer term project. When I get around to it, I'll start a topic where you can add suggestions specifically for races, and an explanation of how the system will work.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:44:24 am »
Suggestion 1, 3 and 4 are added in update 2.

I've been thinking about the bad words filter, I don't think it's really that necessary in PTP. There's only 1 'banned' word in PTP right now and I don't think we have to moderate the chat that much that we need a bad word filter for it. It's an 18+ game after all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:03:24 am by Jonne »

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 02:04:40 pm »
Succesfully tested 3 and 4.

As for the anti spam system: It works, but there should also be an autokick if you keep spamming even after the mute (Using commands).
Maybe this should be added aswell:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:06:42 pm by Uthar_Smith »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 12:01:55 am »
Yea, the autokick is in there, but on the settings it's now on it won't get triggered a lot. It triggers a kick when there's more than 8 messages in less than 2 seconds. I'll play around with the settings, to try and find the best setting is without muting people who aren't spamming.

About the "Stop repeating yourself", I think the anti-spam is enough to cover that for now. I heard a lot of complaints about that function in PTP (A lot of triggers when it wasn't necessary), so I think I'll leave that out for now.