Author Topic: [Added]Automatic president selection  (Read 4576 times)

Offline style!

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Added]Automatic president selection
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »
Since the gamemode is protect the president, there should be a president always so players can follow their /duty.

What if president is selected automaticlly if nobody has chosen president after some time (2-3 minutes maybe) from map was loaded? Preferably civilians are who becomes president and some text should be displayed to the player so he can understand what happened.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:43:17 pm by Jonne »

style_n_elegance

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
Re: Automatic president selection
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:10:28 pm »
Now, assuming every civilian selected/was chosen to be president in the past 30 minutes, what would you suggest the gamemode to do?

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline style!

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:18:14 pm »
Already thought on that; that's why I said "preferably". Same problem happens if there is no civilians.

Maybe classes can be order to select the president:
  • Civilian
  • Police/Swat
  • Security
  • Terrorist ?

style_n_elegance

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »
Makes sense, and i don't really think there should be an order for that. Just select one randomly.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:08:18 pm »
It's a good idea, but if the player who is picked doesn't want to be the president, he will disconnect, resulting in map change.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:14:24 am »
What if he doesn't want to be presi? He will do /kill or /q

Offline pRiMoZ

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 09:18:36 am »
He's not supposed to /kill or /q ...That would be breaking the rules and would result in a punishment...

I think this is a very good idea!

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 11:16:41 am »
He's not supposed to /kill or /q ...That would be breaking the rules and would result in a punishment...

The problem is that new players might not abide to this rule, and that there will be forced map changes all the time, punishment or not.

Offline Messy.

• We are born to kill!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 05:57:12 pm »
Neutral.

Offline pRiMoZ

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 10:29:18 pm »

The problem is that new players might not abide to this rule, and that there will be forced map changes all the time, punishment or not.

Obviously you won't ban a new player that would do it ^^ Instead calmly explain it to him that it's not allowed and not to do it again :D

Offline EagleMan

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 07:18:53 am »
I have been suggesting this one already. I wanna share this to you:

- Reset to president selection during class selection 

Sometimes, when map changes, no one is actually selecting president class, and i have to announce everytime that the president slot is open. Also a lot of newbies are actually asking how to be president. It is because in the actual class selection, when some player choose a class (for example, terrorist) and then when map changes they will redirect them to what class did they choose last time (terrorist).

I think, to avoid having no presidents in each map for a long period of time, make the class selection section reset to president. So for example, if a player chose terrorist, and then after that when the map changes and back to the class selection they will see the president class first. So some of them (newbies especially) can choose the president right away.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 10:27:11 am »
Forcing would kinda not be that good. Like what if the player wants to go somewhere, he will eventually try to leave or get killed. Maps will change quickly, what Eagle suggested is what I think is cool. Also if no one selects the president class after 10secs the map changed,display a message "president slot is open, do this to select it.."

Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 11:01:18 am »

Obviously you won't ban a new player that would do it ^^ Instead calmly explain it to him that it's not allowed and not to do it again :D
I agree but the problem is this will be happening over and over again. If you explain it to a player, it's just a matter of time until another  one does it.

I prefer Vish' idea, but Eagle's idea will sure work too.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 03:59:48 am »
I don't really like the idea of forcing people in the class (maybe they just don't want to be president). Eagle's idea is good but would mean I need to rewrite some part of the code, so I'd like to avoid that for now. So added Vish' idea: if there isn't a pres 1 minute after the map changed, it will show a message that the pres slot is open, and from then on you can use /rc p or /rc pres to pick the president slot. The message will repeat every 2 minutes after that, until there is a president and the command disables again.