Author Topic: [Added & Tested]Personal mute  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Added & Tested]Personal mute
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:13:05 am »
Hello,
After seeing all of the abuse and hate that gets thrown around on the server I thought it would be a good idea to try and block that out (At least for the people that choose to)

It has been put into other games like League of Legends, it allows the player to not see what another person is typing therefore calming down people and improving performance. It is NOT a mute button so they can't speak but rather a button so you don't have to. I have one person it would be good for, not mentioning any names. Ahmed

The command could be something like /cmute?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:00:30 pm by Jonne »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Re: [Suggestion]Personal mute
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:03:05 am »
So just like ignoring one player? That's not a bad idea, I remember it has been suggested a couple of times already. I'll put it in later (not a priority).

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:27:03 am »
So just like ignoring one player?
Exactly. For example if I think Ahmed is annoying, I just /ignore (or any other command) him and I won't see any of his messages, but other players still see his messages.

By the way, I think it should not be possible to ignore admins.

Offline Quido

• Head Admin
  • Score: 27783
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:11 pm »
Haha, I was waiting for this to be put into PTP. Anyway, what Uthar said is pretty much spot on but the thing about not being able to ignore admins is easily exploited. For example, if a player suspects there is an admin online he/she could just use the command only everyone waiting for a message like 'This player cannot be ignored' and he/she knows there are an admin. I'd say just make it the same for everyone whilst still allowing admins to use more direct commands if they need to talk to that person.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »
Forgot about that, you're right :-X

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 11:57:51 pm »
Yeah, I think it's not really a problem if they can ignore admins, we mostly don't talk to players through the mainchat or in PMs, we have commands for that. I think I'll make it like that first, if for any reason later we change it, and disallow them to ignore admins, we can just make it without an error message (So just like "You're now ignoring 'Adminname'", but with no effect).

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:10 pm »
Added, commands are /ignore, /unignore and /ignores.