Author Topic: [Fixed]Forcing spawn while dead  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
[Fixed]Forcing spawn while dead
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:17:44 pm »
I've noticed that when the script forces a player to spawn while that player is dead (his camera is swinging above his dead body), it counts as another dead. For example, when a security dies a few seconds before the president does, that security respawns to protect the new president, but before that he dies again and the icon is shown in the deathlist.
Also happens during map changes when trying to /rc before the new map is loaded, since the script kills everybody once the map is ended.

Here's an example. Look what happened to Kenny_Stegents when I killed him 2 seconds before the president died.
http://i.imgur.com/oN0ATbc.jpg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:29:16 pm by Jonne »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
Re: Forcing spawn while dead
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »
Yes, this has happened to me many times.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:33:55 pm »
Not really a big problem. Except for babies who cry everytime there's a +1 in their death in their /stats

Offline Sani

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:41:12 pm »
Not really a big problem. Except for babies who cry everytime there's a +1 in their death in their /stats
+1

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 03:05:16 pm »

Its not about adding a death point, I sometimes login while the map is finishing and I spawn then die to a map change and get bugged. Thats the point I guess but no big deal

Offline Goldy

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Γαμω τη μανούλα σας
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »
Exactly^^

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »
Even if it isn't such big deal, it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be reported and added to the "bug tracker" as a minor one. The bug exists and it should be eventually fixed. Unfortunately, we don't affect on which bugs do we find - minor or major ones - but we report them when we see them.

As we're talking about bugs which occur while the player is dead, here's another one. If someone accepts your duel invitation while you're dead, you will respawn normally, but the countdown will appear and your opponent will be alone in the duelling zone, forced to relog or /kill to escape from there.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 02:00:42 am »
Should be fixed for securities now. I need to look deeper into what happens exactly when you /rc during a map change, but it shouldn't even let you /rc during a map change.

As we're talking about bugs which occur while the player is dead, here's another one. If someone accepts your duel invitation while you're dead, you will respawn normally, but the countdown will appear and your opponent will be alone in the duelling zone, forced to relog or /kill to escape from there.

Added a fix for that.