Author Topic: Add Votekick  (Read 11139 times)

Offline Ricky

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Add Votekick
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 12:56:51 pm »
I suggest that only VIPS can do this,they are always online,trusted players.

Trusted? Having donated some money in the past doesn't mean you are "trusted".

Anyway, this system is so vulnerable to abuse that there's no point implementing it. There's a reason that mods and admins exist. If they aren't there then use the forums.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 03:27:11 am »
After experiencing some shits,
I would like to say adding a vote kick command would be useful, a lot of hackers i saw them today but there were no admins to take actions, so we keep playing or we quit.
Vote kick command can will be abused so i thought of something but not approved yet.

Votekick command can be used only by VIPs, i say this because they got more experience than the normal players as they are aware of the server rules and regulations.
Secondly, a particular VIP can use the command every 3 or 5 minutes in-order to reduce the chances of abusing the command.
And the last thing, there should be strict rules regarding the command so that the person who uses it should know the consequences when abused.
One more thing i thought about it, a particular ViP can use this command only 3 times in each map, that would be good too.
I've got some more ideas but i would like to hear your opinions so that i continue about it.

Regards,
Fares.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:30:07 am by Faro0s »

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 04:41:11 am »
I would like to say adding a vote kick command would be useful, a lot of hackers i saw them today but there were no admins to take actions, so we keep playing or we quit.
Vote kick command can will be abused so i thought of something but not approved yet.

Votekick command can be used only by VIPs, i say this because they got more experience than the normal players as they are aware of the server rules and regulations.
Secondly, a particular VIP can use the command every 3 or 5 minutes in-order to reduce the chances of abusing the command.
And the last thing, there should be strict rules regarding the command so that the person who uses it should know the consequences when abused.
One more thing i thought about it, a particular ViP can use this command only 3 times in each map, that would be good too.
I've got some more ideas but i would like to hear your opinions so that i continue about it.

Regards,
Fares.
So you are saying that in order to make things fair, you gotta render the command completely useless?

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 05:47:27 am »
Well this just keeps getting more complicated the more people suggest stuff lol. How about we just get some command that alerts admins on IRC? If there are none on IRC either, then I guess we wait or Fraps the cheaters and make a forum report, like we did so far.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 08:35:53 am »

Regards,
Fares.
So you are saying that in order to make things fair, you gotta render the command completely useless?

I didn't get you, i mean in-order not abuse it.

Well this just keeps getting more complicated the more people suggest stuff lol. How about we just get some command that alerts admins on IRC? If there are none on IRC either, then I guess we wait or Fraps the cheaters and make a forum report, like we did so far.

I support this idea, a command which alerts the admins who are oine on irc.

Good idea Spoctre :D

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Ricky

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »

Regards,
Fares.

I didn't get you, i mean in-order not abuse it.

I support this idea, a command which alerts the admins who are oine on irc.

Good idea Spoctre :D

I have implemented this myself in the form of a "nickalert" which gives a notification whenever "reported" comes up in the logs - i.e. in the admin channel when someone uses the /report function. It's all good except I'm not in front of my laptop 24/7 or if I am then I'm more often than not busy with work.

Once my new semester starts I'll be far more active!

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 01:13:20 pm »
For reasons mentioned here already, votekicking will not be added.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 05:16:02 pm »
For reasons mentioned here already, votekicking will not be added.

It would help a lot in absence of admins.
If you keep in the hands of vips it would decrease the chances of abusing the command.
VIPs know the consequences of abusing it so they won't(maybe). For example, one atarted vote kick, at least 3 vips should vote in order to kick the accused person, else no.

Thanks anyways.

Since 2010.

Offline [RD]Bobo

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 11:25:59 pm »
I agree with Faro0s, It's needed some extra power to ban thoose hackers that make us impossible to play. If giving power to all VIP's, it's not a choise because of trust, I think that admins should choose the trustfull persons... I don't mind if I don't get that power , I just want more power distributed. Or every clan owner choose the players that they consider trustfull...
I don't know. Please reconsider Jonne.

É nossa!

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:10 am »
Or every clan owner choose the players that they consider trustfull...
Clans should not be involved in administration matters, ever.
Besides, just because someone leads a clan, it doesn't mean that guy is wise enough to choose a "trustful" player.

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 01:45:23 am »
I just remembered that similar thing exists in GTA Online, but it's frequently being abused there. That can be rectified here by letting VIPs only do the /votekick, but I'm not convinced that we need this. Mainly because this new AC is much better than the old one and often some admin will get in-game and deal with the cheater(s).

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 03:11:28 am »
I support Bobo's words.

For example, Jonne or the staff team can choose 5 or 7 VIPs tursted and who are active much, they can have the powers to use the votekick, i am not saying all the VIPs just some trusted and wise vips.
Trust me Jonne, it annoys everyone when a hacker is in-game and their is no admin. I do appreciate your works and all stuff but as you see we need more than this sometimes.
Votekick is necessary for some specific VIPs. It's not about me or any other vip, I don't care about it anyways i just anyone to have a power to help us in-game.

Regards,
Fares.

Since 2010.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 03:13:49 am »

For example, Jonne or the staff team can choose 5 or 7 VIPs tursted and who are active much, they can have the powers to use the votekick, i am not saying all the VIPs just some trusted and wise vips.

That's just simply mean making them a mod, lol

Offline [RD]Bobo

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 04:03:19 am »

That's just simply mean making them a mod, lol
I don't think that's needed. because it's supposed to use that powerfull /votekick to ban thoose obvious hackers. That makes the game impossible to play. It's not supposed to ban rule-brakers or warn people. Only use to "emergency" cases. And then admins will check it.
And if this will happen, the part of an admin choose 7 players or something like that, we can also vote for thoose people. Admins can make a list of 15 or 20 players , and then we all can vote for 1 month, and the 7 players most voted are given that power. And to vote , we need to see if they are active, if they have some experience , and if they don't mind. Because It's an extra reason to worry about. nobady is going to be forced to have that power.
But please , let's don't let this opportunity escape from us.
Regrats,                                 ( Just modified some grammar errors )
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:06:04 am by [RD]Bobo »

É nossa!

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 04:25:30 am »
A big No No

Most of the VIP players on this server are immature and incapable of handling such responsibilities on the server.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)