Author Topic: President's Backup Powers.  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
President's Backup Powers.
« on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:04 am »
1.)Utilizing Cops as Makeshift Security, in lack of Any security:

There are some times when there is literally no security on the team and Terros are near the President spawn and the President is trapped inside ALONE for a minute before his SP disables.

What I suggest for is either two of this when there are no security for a dangerous time period and provided if terros are within a certain radius outside the spawn..

• Reclass existing Cops into Security.
  • Or just TP Cops into the President spawn.

This system can be used:

To Trigger this Backup Ability, /bu can be used.

Current one is pretty useless as all it does is send out a single line of text with a /intel worthy information and cannot be even repeated quickly in a succession for attention. Adding this feature to current /bu would make it pretty useful.

For Balance:

Min. No. of Backup Security: 6

Reduction occurs if Cops>Terros in numbers. Should be proportionate for balance.

Unless System detects Terros within the danger circle to be >8 Then Backup should be increased by 1,for every number after 8.

Eg: 9 Terros > 7 Backup Unit.

2.)Able to recruit civilians as SWAT members.

There are really times, when Terrorist completely outclass BOTH Security and Cops in sheer numbers and one still couldn't go Cops or Security to Protect.
Unless you are a VIP or know a Admin who can reclass you. Both of which aren't available for players most of the time when such situations occur.

So in order to deal with that situation. I suggest this.

If President feels like he needs more protection (condition already specified). He can send out an application time to all civilians. These civilians have the option to either /accept or ignore this.

If they choose to accept and aid the president. They get reclassed to /rc w aka the S.W.A.T. They won't be experiencing much weapon difference except Tec9s addition. They will also retain any weapons they had as Civilians at the time of class change.

Available to every civilian regardless of the Level.

These Special SWATs. Will get TP'D to the closest landmark near the president.

To prevent unbalance we can limit the numbers. /accept feature would be like /Joinrace. After the Max Number of Slots are filled, No more could join.

No need to limit the applications,except like for one app every minute If Slots aren't filled yet.

Can't think of a suitable cmd for this tho.

3.)Prevent Security from running away and Abandoning the Presi:

I have experienced this like 3-4 times and also noticed it with other newbies, securities assemble as a full unit, then just drive away. Leaving the President alone. This is retarded.

Punishing them does no good as /reclassing only makes things worse and my first suggestion can't be used since there are securities.

There should be a /kick security command or either a force type /cmd where securities WILL stay near president.

%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: President's Backup Powers.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:20:42 am »
  • In my opinion, cops should already function as makeshift security, if they're actually playing the game right. Good cops prevent people from getting to the President's security, which should be the last layer of protection. They make more speculative decisions to attack someone based on their danger to the President wherever they are, whereas the security players repel immediate threats.
  • Kind of an interesting idea, but I think this is overthinking the problem and solution. If the terrorists outclass the protecting side by sheer numbers (which they often do, if you count some civilians as terrorists), then the protecting side's strategy should accommodate that. Instead of staging a shootout at the O.K. Corral that isn't going to lead anywhere, they should try to outdrive and/or outsmart the terrorists. There's almost always someone on the protecting team who knows what they're doing and is capable of outmatching most of the terrorists in a way that doesn't involve taking them all on at once.
  • Is there ever a good way of dealing with this problem? It's not like the people in the car being driven away from the President are trapped- if they're staying with the driver, they're probably all hopeless. I don't think it's really possible to handle simple incompetence.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:24 pm »
they're actually playing the game right.

Even you know that most regulars ignore this and only go cops to settle their /stats or vendetta. They take up slots and those who actually want to protect come to protect as civilians and get killed by security.

They make more speculative decisions to attack someone based on their danger to the President wherever they are, whereas the security players repel immediate threats.

Irony is that the exact vice versa happens.

Good cops prevent people from getting to the President's security

I often find myself being the only one doing this and this stuff discourages newbies as they get killed like canon fodder. And let's be honest, Armor Camping doesn't actually help that much at all.

Regular Cops don't do jackshit.

90% of Cops go at armor,or just roam around the map as  a unit Hunting for Terros and prefer to after the Nearest Terro rather than the Terros chasing the security.

Employing them as Security would atleast give them a sense of responsibility, since the game directly gives them the role of Secs.

If the terrorists outclass the protecting side by sheer numbers (which they often do, if you count some civilians as terrorists), then the protecting side's strategy should accommodate that. Instead of staging a shootout at the O.K. Corral that isn't going to lead anywhere, they should try to outdrive and/or outsmart the terrorists. There's almost always someone on the protecting team who knows what they're doing and is capable of outmatching most of the terrorists in a way that doesn't involve taking them all on at once.

That's the Ideal way of things which is actually doesn't occur frequently on the server tbh.

Most of those players land up as civilians and can't protect.

Is there ever a good way of dealing with this problem? It's not like the people in the car being driven away from the President are trapped- if they're staying with the driver, they're probably all hopeless. I don't think it's really possible to handle simple incompetence.

Hence, we deal with that by controlling those incompetent newbs by either kicking them out or just forcing them to stay near you. And to deal with that,president should Drive anyways and the Anti Jack makes it harder for them to jack you back anyways.
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:32:58 pm »
Even you know that most regulars ignore this and only go cops to settle their /stats or vendetta. They take up slots and those who actually want to protect come to protect as civilians and get killed by security... Irony is that the exact vice versa happens... Armor Camping doesn't actually help that much at all.... Regular Cops don't do jackshit.
I agree with you- I know people fuck around in the protecting classes. I think it should be addressed directly. I don't think your suggestions do that. Until people actually feel a stronger need to play the gamemode, whether by a culture shift that leads to people changing their styles, removing motivations (K/D stats), or staff enforcement, I don't think it's going to happen. Just look at the "Screenshots and Videos" topic. How many of those videos show people actually doing something relevant to the gamemode, instead of just having a pointless shootout in the middle of bumfuck Egypt? A good chunk are clan battle bullshit, and another good chunk are just the poster killing all the regulars at armor to show how cool they are, leaving the gamemode-oriented videos with a teeny share.

Hence, we deal with that by controlling those incompetent newbs by either kicking them out or just forcing them to stay near you. And to deal with that,president should Drive anyways and the Anti Jack makes it harder for them to jack you back anyways.
You kick them out, and you make it worse- you can't bring them back to you. You force them to stay near you, and you can't be adequately protected. I leave the President all the time as security, but I'm going to get an NRG or something that I know will save his ass when terrorists with combats show up. I don't leave for long at all, and I only do it when I feel that there is no other option or when I know it's safe to get a backup vehicle for an emergency. You can't fix stupid.

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 11:12:50 am »
But you can't punish Securities as they are not near president because securities often expose themselves before terrorists in order to get some time for president to run away for safety. As the result the security gets killed and are respawned in spawn area. Some terrorist and civilians then block there way to president. Such as in NSA map many presidents opt to hide on ship. In this case terrorist camp near coast, police spawn, tunnel to kill and block securities from accessing boat, police maverick etc. required in order to reach ship. Some securities try to get to ship by swimming but are killed by snipers on shore. So will it be right to punish those secs. Anyway liked your suggestion. +1

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »
This won't be added. As YoMama remarked, these look like way too complicated solutions and we can address these things in simpler ways.