Author Topic: Organizing Clan Section  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Organizing Clan Section
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 03:34:33 pm »
I really don't see any difference between clans and clubs, they both have leaders and rules. It's the same thing in my opinion.
You can be part of multiple groups, you can't be part of multiple clans(clan literally means family).

Clans have a compulsary tag, groups may or may not have a tag.

Clans usually (not necessarily) have ranks .Groups are more casual and often have "roles" instead of ranks, if any.

Not a sharp distinction but still enough to have a separate board for easy listing.

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 03:50:07 pm »
No

Offline [RD]MecHaNiC

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 06:21:33 pm »
Plus.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 07:23:50 pm »
+1

The older clan pages have moved on to page 2 of the clan section due to the group pages being added. It is also beneficial to remove the clans which are inactive and are closed.

I also get questions from newbies asking about joining clans etc. I think there should be some information posted in the clan section stating our server's policies towards clans, that it does not deal with any clans, and does not favor any clans in case of any reports against a clan member, and that the clan & groups section is made just for the player's information only.

Offline Mr.Moose

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 02:40:37 am »
+1

+1

The older clan pages have moved on to page 2 of the clan section due to the group pages being added. It is also beneficial to remove the clans which are inactive and are closed.

+1

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 07:33:20 am »
Well as far as I know this section is pretty much there only for the admins to know which clan what is, and its members.
Nope , its purpose is for new guys who are interested in joining clans/groups to check out and join suitable clan or group .

+1

I also get questions from newbies asking about joining clans etc. I think there should be some information posted in the clan section stating our server's policies towards clans, that it does not deal with any clans, and does not favor any clans in case of any reports against a clan member, and that the clan & groups section is made just for the player's information only.

Exactly , thats what i meant . Yeah would be great to clear out some inactive ones  :)

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 12:33:32 pm »
+1

"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 12:49:13 pm »
What if instead of making a different section for clans, we set the clan topic to sticky. This way the topics will be shown on the top of the front page. It's going to be easier to make this change.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 01:51:10 pm »
What if instead of making a different section for clans, we set the clan topic to sticky. This way the topics will be shown on the top of the front page. It's going to be easier to make this change.
Yeah it can work also like that too

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline IceBreaker

• ARR DEE ICE BEE
    • Rubber Ducks Clan
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 01:52:45 pm »

I like this