Author Topic: Gameplay improvements  (Read 8433 times)

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Gameplay improvements
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:05:52 pm »
- Actually balance the gamemode. No more of this "all regular players in 1 team" bullshit when "regular player X" is president. ACTUALLY balance the gamemode. It should not be possible for 10 regulars to gang up in security/police to fight against 7 newbies in the terrorist class. Sadly all the regulars enjoy an easy president win.

- Stop people from camping in the civilian class. It hugely affects the gamemode when 10/20 people are playing as civilian. Max 30% of the server should be able to be in the civilian class. Actually force people to play the gamemode.
Example: https://imgur.com/a/LCdsSsG
14/24 people are playing as civilian..

- Civilian class is way too overpowered. Civilians should not be able to group together and be a threat to the president. No more sniper/saw/rifle for them. If they want to help/kill president, let them join the correct class. Why? Because the shitty balance system we have in place doesn't take civilians into account. If security/police are already outnumbering terrorists we have those civilians who want to "help the president" who are making the problem even worse...

- Can we get rid of the /holiday eng command please? The holiday is over. At least remove the spray can ffs.

- President should be allowed to use a Rustler. For some reason you guys allow it for a president to be on a Shamal. I am one of the best pilots in this server and I can tell you, on my own it is nearly impossible to shoot down a Shamal since it is so fast. Yet you allow this and forbid a president to fly a Rustler.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:26:54 pm by MegaPilot »

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
Re: Gameplay improvements
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:38:28 pm »
good +1

PakoVH

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 07:13:43 pm »
- Actually balance the gamemode. No more of this "all regular players in 1 team" bullshit when "regular player X" is president. ACTUALLY balance the gamemode. It should not be possible for 10 regulars to gang up in security/police to fight against 7 newbies in the terrorist class. Sadly all the regulars enjoy an easy president win.

I agree, It was not fun to play when there are 3 terrorists fighting against 7 secs +5 civilians.
For me the /rc system should be the same in Level 0, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3, not only in level 0 and level 1.
Another problem is that when a class is full you just need to reclass to the opposite team and then type /rc again and you will join the class that you wanted.

- Stop people from camping in the civilian class. It hugely affects the gamemode when 10/20 people are playing as civilian. Max 30% of the server should be able to be in the civilian class. Actually force people to play the gamemode.
I believe that it can't be changed because most of regular players joins the Civilian class just to team up and fight other players or kill/protect the president.
 Well, the civilian class is supposed to "not affect the gamemode" but of course it is .
- Civilian class is way too overpowered. Civilians should not be able to group together and be a threat to the president. No more sniper/saw/rifle for them. If they want to help/kill president, let them join the correct class. Why? Because the shitty balance system we have in place doesn't take civilians into account. If security/police are already outnumbering terrorists we have those civilians who want to "help the president" who are making the problem even worse...
Well, you described perfectly why the civilian class is OP but in the last years the terrorist/police were not forced to follow the /duty, for example if you see a player in your opposite class you are supposed to kill him but if he's your friend you will not do that, this is the way about how this server works and it can't be changed.

- President should be allowed to use a Rustler. For some reason you guys allow it for a president to be on a Shamal. I am one of the best pilots in this server and I can tell you, on my own it is nearly impossible to shoot down a Shamal since it is so fast. Yet you allow this and forbid a president to fly a Rustler.
There are some ways to kill a president in shamal and a president flying a rustler will be OP if a good player pilots it but if a newbie president use a rustler [they always try to get one] he will die easily.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 12:06:13 am »
I don't think the president is allowed to fly Shamals, right? They are just allowed to surf them. I think the possiblity of falling off moderates the risk-benefit of that strategy. About allowing them to fly Rustlers, big -1. There's very few people with enough motivation to try to catch up with a president in a Rustler.

I don't think holiday eng is real problem. I like weapons to be diverse. More diversity implies more imagination, different tactics and fun.

About all the other suggestions, I fully agree. This is an obvious problem when there are 10 online players and 8 of them are regulars all playing on the same side. Civilian class only makes it easier to bypass the team balance and make alternative alliances. These days it's not that noticeable, since there are more players to dilute the unbalance, but the problem will be back once COVID-19 is gone :)
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Singh

• Score: 93383
  • Unban kardo!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 05:16:24 am »
Yes mega is right, most of the players choose civil class and that is why they easily kill the president by forming a group. If only the colts are given to  the civil class and the sniper, rifle and saw are removed then  they Will not be able to kill the president easily
 And by doing this, they will have to go the Terrorist class for trying and the idea is very good and it should be sure to apply.
Unban krdo

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 08:28:54 am »
+1

Well you can do it , that only 20% of the online players will can join civ class. and that should be good.
30 players - 6 civs. it's should fix some issues that you talked about them.

And make more /duty from my idea, People should think about remove SWAT Class and think about add new class.
Maybe class that can kill all - Terrors Police Security and Presi of course.

Add new class is something that all the time consider , so why not make it to real?

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 08:59:23 am »
didn't read the whole thing but megapilot is pretty mature so i bet it's a good idea so +1
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?

Offline Specifer

• Score: 29946
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 02:40:08 pm »
To megapilot ,
    This is the best suggestion ever , most people just team up in civilian class and try to kill presi and if I shoot in their tyres , I'll get a message to do my duty . How can I differentiate which civilian is cilling or hunting presi when I'm in a haste ? If civilian they should be only allowed to challenge police that's it they are secluded from the duty . The correct ratio of President:Security:(Police+Swat):Terrorist:Civilian=1:n/6:n/8:7n/24:n/6 where n= no of players

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 03:58:35 pm »
Setting a limit on civilians shouldn't be a thing. There are many game features locked behind the civilian class ( races/duels/events/admin stuff). Instead what could be done is to remove most of the weapons from civilian class, which has been suggested many times and people refused to accept it, cuz it would take away their chances to protect themself which is bullshit.

There are certain limits to our options to balance the gamemode. Making a system to make difference between regulars and non regulars and refusing to give them the chance to pick the class they want would be very difficult. Not to mention that since sniper and saw are free many regulars are playing as undercovers. There's still going to be this case where teams would be balanced untill a group of regulars/nonregulars decides to leave the game and the only thing that could be done in such case is dynamic class balancing, which would also lead to many problems.

Whats the point of removing /holiday eng when its been here for so long, not to mention that there's a map where you could get spray can from a pickup.

Rustlers are much more maneuverable than shamals, they are not faster, but have guns. Just as mia mentioned I dont know much players that would have the nerves to chase down a rustler.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 10:06:54 pm »
FIRST REMOVE NSA.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 12:01:31 am »
Being a Civilian = Simp

Offline Singh

• Score: 93383
  • Unban kardo!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:19 am »
Lets Divide Civilian class into " Good team civilian  "    and "Bad Team civilian" .Good Team will Protect Presi and cannot take any dmg  to president.Whereas Bad Civil team will try to kill president.
Unban krdo

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 08:30:27 am »
Civilians ruin everything. I don’t care how long your reply is, it’s the truth.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 11:01:15 am »
Lets Divide Civilian class into " Good team civilian  "    and "Bad Team civilian" .Good Team will Protect Presi and cannot take any dmg  to president.Whereas Bad Civil team will try to kill president.
Yeah? And why just not /rc o or /rc t? Whats the point of dividing the civ team, which is not a team. If the team you want to play is full either /donatehelp or play the other team. I would pick the other team if the team I want to play is full.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 03:55:12 pm »
+1, although I don't think it can be achieved that easily without the ELO system. The first thing we could do is the autobalance feature, which is present in many other games.
Whenever someone quits/is removed or changes the class, the script should check the balance. If the teams are not balanced, an announce (like "Teams will be autobalanced in 15 seconds") pops up and after these 15 second the players, who joined the overpowered team the last (but not the presi/VP), are reclassed to the opposing one.
Example (very rough one). Say, we've got 7 good guys (cops + SWAT + security) and 7 terrorists. 2 terrorists leave the game. The script sees that there is a lack of terrorists, and after 15 seconds it reclasses the player, who was the last to join cops/SWAT/security, to terrorists.

One might say that it's unfair towards the players, because it restricts their ability to play the way they wish. I think that we should balance between keeping the gamemode for undefinite amount of new players and maintaining the comfort of the regulars, and, honestly, the first goal seems to be way more important for me.

+1. 30-40% of the player should be able to be civilians, but no more.

I agree with you, it's a big problem, and I don't know how to solve it properly. I don't like the radical solution of removing or nerfing the class either. However, I've got some thoughts:
  • Forbid civilians to team up with anyone but the other civilians both by adding a rule and game mechanic improvements;
  • Remove the civilian spawns completely. Instead, let each civilian spawn at a random point of the map (possibly - spawn them high in the air and give a parachute).
This will both fix the balance issue (civilians won't be allowed to idle next to the presi/terrorists and surf their cars) and constant fights near the civilian spawns.

- Can we get rid of the /holiday eng command please? The holiday is over. At least remove the spray can ffs.
Sorry, I disagree, -1. Grenades and spray cans bring more diversity, more tactics to the game, sometimes allowing to win desperate fights.

-1 either. The president shouldn't be a combat unit on themself. Besides, the tactics which do not imply the help of the securities, shouldn't exist, IMHO. Otherwise, what's the purpose of the securities?
If the president is allowed to drive Shamals, it should be restricted either. I would also remove the ability to ride bicycles, unless there is a way to make them destroyable.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.