Author Topic: Remove /holiday eng  (Read 20117 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: Remove /holiday eng
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 07:50:32 am »
Remove /Holiday eng

Add /rifle cmd for lvl 0-1
ez
n as like /holiday eng, ppl can use the cmd again after 3 mins.
Ez 2!
Or, just make it a pickup. Ez 3!

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:12 am »
So let's get this straight:

The Suggestion is basically

Remove /holiday eng and replace it with another alternative like pickups?

I assume this should apply the same to VIPs too?

%

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 11:26:20 am »
So let's get this straight:

The Suggestion is basically

Remove /holiday eng and replace it with another alternative like pickups?

I assume this should apply the same to VIPs too?

No. Just no.

Having those special weapons by spawn or being able to get them with commands have always been a feature for VIPs in return of their donation. /holiday command was supposed to exist only for a limited time but somehow it was never removed. So yeah, the command should be actually removed. I'm fine with everyone having those weapons though,  so it can be replaced by pickups.

In another way which you want to hear the most, we, the VIPs are fucking losers and we had to pay for a stupid game to be overpowered so the ability of having weapons whenever we want should remain ours :D

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »
I never said nor meant any attack on VIP in that post. I wasn't clear where this suggestion is going towards.

-.-

Besides all what the VIP Info says this:

Extra weapons
Chainsaw: /saw
Sniper rifle: /sniper
Katana: /kata
Rifle: /rifle

They still remain Extra features regardless of the existence of /holiday eng

I have no idea where this topic is going towards.

It wants to remove /holiday eng in the name of spawnable weapons but isn't clear on the subject on VIPs.
That's why I asked that
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 07:18:25 pm »
I never said nor meant any attack on VIP in that post. I wasn't clear where this suggestion is going towards.

-.-

Besides all what the VIP Info says this:

Extra weapons
Chainsaw: /saw
Sniper rifle: /sniper
Katana: /kata
Rifle: /rifle

They still remain Extra features regardless of the existence of /holiday eng

I have no idea where this topic is going towards.

It wants to remove /holiday eng in the name of spawnable weapons but isn't clear on the subject on VIPs.
That's why I asked that
This topic isn't about messing with VIP features, though I'd like to do so. It's about /holiday eng.

Offline MnMs

• VIP
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 04:43:58 pm »

/Holiday helps us level 1s compete a bit with the level 2's , and i cant count all the times it has helped me escape death so i wouldnt wanna see this cmnd gone

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 04:56:17 pm »
This topic isn't about messing with VIP features, though I'd like to do so. It's about /holiday eng.

You also do realize if we edit the /holiday eng, then questions against VIP features will be raised.
/holiday eng has been used as a feature to somewhat counter the VIP weapons.

It's pretty obvious. Gamemode would be even further unbalanced if the wrong decision is taken.
%

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2018, 05:16:22 pm »
I think the best solution is to have a /rifle command for everyone and remove /holiday eng. Lvl 1s can have their chance against VIPs and it won't give anyone any advantage. The /rifle command for VIPs is pretty useless anyways.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2018, 04:01:34 am »

/Holiday helps us level 1s compete a bit with the level 2's , and i cant count all the times it has helped me escape death so i wouldnt wanna see this cmnd gone
You're missing the point. It's fine that you feel that the weapons helped you against VIPs, even though I don't see how that can happen if VIPs have access to the same weapons. I'm not proposing removing them entirely. I'm just proposing making them strategic choices rather than opportunistic ones.

You also do realize if we edit the /holiday eng, then questions against VIP features will be raised.

It's pretty obvious. Gamemode would be even further unbalanced if the wrong decision is taken.
Yes, I do. Am I complaining? I just don't want this topic dominated by VIP bullshit.

I still fail to see how /holiday eng counters VIP weapons if VIPs can also use it. It's like saying that Hydras counter VIPs when VIPs are also able to use them.

Offline MnMs

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2018, 05:40:11 am »

You're missing the point. It's fine that you feel that the weapons helped you against VIPs, even though I don't see how that can happen if VIPs have access to the same weapons. I'm not proposing removing them entirely. I'm just proposing making them strategic choices rather than opportunistic ones.

Yes, I do. Am I complaining? I just don't want this topic dominated by VIP bullshit.

I still fail to see how /holiday eng counters VIP weapons if VIPs can also use it. It's like saying that Hydras counter VIPs when VIPs are also able to use them.

What about having the cmnd cancelled for level 2's then?

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 07:36:25 am »
/holiday eng isn't a VIP vs. non-VIP issue and it shouldn't be. Yes, that would make the command something that VIPs can't have, but it still is no counter against the overpowered Sniper. It's a pitiful excuse for balance if you try to think of it that way.

This also doesn't address my main issue with the command, which is that its weapons are used in an opportunistic rather than strategic fashion because they can be magically spawned from nowhere right when you need them. It's not fun to think you're safe because no one expected you to camp somewhere, only to have a bunch of people magically spawn nades and kill you with them. The only reason they're succeeding is because of the command, not because they made a strategic decision to get nades and as a result, had them when you thought you were safe.

Offline MnMs

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
/holiday eng isn't a VIP vs. non-VIP issue and it shouldn't be. Yes, that would make the command something that VIPs can't have, but it still is no counter against the overpowered Sniper. It's a pitiful excuse for balance if you try to think of it that way.

This also doesn't address my main issue with the command, which is that its weapons are used in an opportunistic rather than strategic fashion because they can be magically spawned from nowhere right when you need them. It's not fun to think you're safe because no one expected you to camp somewhere, only to have a bunch of people magically spawn nades and kill you with them. The only reason they're succeeding is because of the command, not because they made a strategic decision to get nades and as a result, had them when you thought you were safe.

Remove grenades then from holiday cmnd

Offline [RZ]Citraxe

• VIP
  • Score: 50815
  • RZ_Life style
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2018, 05:04:29 am »
-1 , and you know what , this cmd does make the non vip classes more balanced , why ? what's a good counter to saw ? oh i dont know ? spray can ? oh yeah !
As much as i hate spray , it should stay, so we give non vip players a chance to counter our saw :)
end of discussion

Offline Freckles

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2018, 10:09:40 am »
Nope -1.Rifle is very useful for non vip players.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »
Remove grenades then from holiday cmnd
It's a start, but the same problem exists with the spray can. If I know I'm going to be fucked in SF and want to buy myself time, all I have to do is take the teleport to the top of the pointy building, do /holiday eng and start spraying. Was strategy involved? Not really. Just like the grenade example, I'm magically spawning a weapon when it's very useful- this doesn't really fit in with the gamemode, in my opinion.

-1 , and you know what , this cmd does make the non vip classes more balanced , why ? what's a good counter to saw ? oh i dont know ? spray can ? oh yeah !
As much as i hate spray , it should stay, so we give non vip players a chance to counter our saw :)
end of discussion
I agree that it "counters" a saw, mainly because it's easier to compensate for lag and multiple people can be sprayed at once. Since it disables you for an annoyingly long period of time, it means the saw can't be used. I think it's a better weapon in a lot of situations for this reason. However, you still haven't explained how it counters another VIP with a spray can. You also haven't addressed the fact that VIPs seem to use /holiday eng at a much higher rate than non-vips, since they actually know about the command.

Rifle is very useful for non vip players.
I'm not proposing removing it- why can't it be a pickup?  What about having pickups near the spawns, for easy accessibility?