Author Topic: Update: 19 Apr  (Read 22657 times)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Update: 19 Apr
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:37:51 am »
Hi everyone,

The last few months we have been working on integrating a new damage system. This is something that we've tried a couple of times already, but we always ran into a lot of problems making it work with all of our scripts and systems, and put it aside. Now we've finally found the issue, and sorted it out to make it work.

The damage system we've implemented is called weapon-config (Click for more information). What it does is basically make the health server sided instead of client sided. That means the health and armour you'll see from now on, isn't your real health, but what the server thinks your health is. Basically, you will never actually die or lose health, it's just simulated by the server. If you're using visual mods, such as a custom health indicator, you might notice some 'weird' behaviour with it, but don't worry about that. The new health bar is the only thing that counts from now on.

This damage system introduces a lot of advantages and fixes. First of all, having server sided health, means that health or armour hacks are no longer possible (they won't have any effect). The same goes for any type of damage mods. Being sniper bugged is also not possible anymore. Paused players can now be damaged and killed as well. Any type of wrong shooting data will be rejected by the server automatically (such as out of range shots, shooting too fast, ...). Overall it should just handle damage a lot better than the normal SAMP system.

This did mean we had to change some things in order to make this work. The most notable change will be the pickups. They used to be client sided, but now that's not possible anymore. In order to make them work correctly, we can't 'hide' them anymore after you pick them up (pickups are global, they can't be hidden for just 1 player). Simulating the respawning as it used to (so respawning after moving away a certain distance), is also not possible, since that will require too many checks. So, the solution we have now is putting a timer on it. You can pick up health or armour again after 3 minutes (this is per pickup, so going to another pickup will work).

You'll also notice your hitsounds might have changed, you can update it with /hs (you can turn on taken and given hitsounds now, team hitsounds are no longer possible). For the taken hitsounds, be aware that it's a very subtle sound (it's not broken). We've also added an indicator for spawn protection, as the health will no longer be flashing.

We've been testing it extensively, but there still might be issues or weird things popping up. If you notice a bug or something else, don't hesitate to make a bug report. I know this might not seem like a big update (behind the screens it was), but we hope this will result in a much better fighting experience.

Changes (/updates):

• Added weapon-config: (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=563387)
    • Changed health & armour pickup behaviour (each pickup has a 3 minute cooldown now)
    • Changed spawn protection behaviour (added indicator in the top right, health will no longer be flashing)
    • Changed /hs (4 options now: 1. All off - 2. Given on - 3. Taken on - 4. All on)
    • Added /togglefeed (toggles the damage feed on and off)
  • Added messages on spawning weapons
  • Fixed AC bug when spawning weapons
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:41:49 am by Jonne »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: Update: 19 Apr
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:21:19 am »
What about vending machines and vehicle health?

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 12:09:08 pm »

There shouldn't be any major differences with that.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 12:24:05 pm »

There shouldn't be any major differences with that.

I know there is a bug with vending machines that looks like the health is refilled but actually isn't. But we tested it and it's fine, vehicle damage has also been fixed.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:30:10 pm »
At first I didn't like the update,but my opinion slightly changed.If many hax and bugs will be disabled,that is a good thing.Although,I don't like losing so much hp for even small falls,and not being able to benefit from typing /para on spawn - now I lose hp even there.Can the parachute thing be fixed?
Also,as Carg mentioned,alright,maybe vending machines aren't necessary,but I thought you could at least raise Patriot's hp to 2000,seeing how it's an armored vehicle,after all.It could also spawn together with FBI Ranchers,to diversify the game.
And I cannot understand why the changes have to majorly make the game different to be done.I don't agree with that.But,let's see your arguments,then.
At the very least,thanks for trying something for the server.
Let's roll

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 01:01:45 pm »
At first I didn't like the update,but my opinion slightly changed.If many hax and bugs will be disabled,that is a good thing.Although,I don't like losing so much hp for even small falls,and not being able to benefit from typing /para on spawn - now I lose hp even there.Can the parachute thing be fixed?

Fall damage should still be the same as before the update (it just might display a bit differently on the health bar, as it's not as accurate). The parachute thing is a bug and will be fixed (it shouldn't matter that much though, as your health and armour gets reset when your spawn protection runs out).

And I cannot understand why the changes have to majorly make the game different to be done.I don't agree with that.But,let's see your arguments,then.

I don't really understand what you mean by that, I think my arguments were in the first post.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 03:45:15 pm »
Amazing update 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Offline Tuco

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 04:34:58 pm »
Great!

PS: Edit after playing 20 minutes.
Theres a huge bug with the new system: now there's friendly fire activated. The presi is being fried by other secs, who shoot his car, the friendly fire is not disabled.

Please fix it :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:51:38 pm by Tuco »

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 04:47:53 pm »
I dont like it. IDK why but somehow it takes my FPS and wtf is with nades when some dies from nades
instead of explosion icon on death list it shows a nade icon.
Also i wanna know sniper damaged reduced or increased? didnt check the whole update in-game though.  :-\
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 05:26:24 pm »
Remove the Skinshot by Saw please it making Game buggy

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 11:41:38 pm »
Chainsaw = broken. The chainsaw duel wins the guy that has the best screen position
Sniper = getting shot throught walls/fences/poles even fukin cars while im behind a tire
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 06:47:36 am »
Not a big fan of this new update. Anyways GJ

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 08:25:07 am »
Nice work   :)

Im in love with this update but there's problem when we use /rc too early and "Please wait... Spawning" error appears.
Also, Some players look like paused while they aren't.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 09:36:08 am »
This is the one of the most most best updates I ever wanted PTP to have. A perfectly synced skinhit server but chainsaw skinhit is kind of wierd but I hope that people like me will get used to it. Overall bang on update! :)

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 09:37:56 am »
I really like the update. Fairer gameplay. No doubles :D
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.