Author Topic: Plan B  (Read 98129 times)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: Plan B
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 09:17:57 pm »
Revolution!

Make PTP great again! #Jonne_4_President

Offline Alcor

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »
great work with the scripting side, I went inactive as a player and an admin due to all the things mentioned above. I just feel sad that it has to come this way after all these years and memories in PTP. I do believe however that 90 percent of the previous PTP community members will move on to this one which should not change the atmosphere of the server.

Offline Miles

• Mod
  • Score: 37251
  • San
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 11:11:02 pm »
It's a good look.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 11:31:17 pm »
Great idea by Jonne, and definitely the right thing to do. Tenshi's PTP is done, time for something new

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 11:36:14 pm »
Great idea by Jonne, and definitely the right thing to do. Tenshi's PTP is done, time for something new
I apologize for the miss-understanding earlier and the loads of nonsense, I was drunk.  :-X

* Finisher gives free horses to everyone!
Cheers boyz

Offline style!

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 01:04:16 am »
My opinion:

(As I said ig) Tenshi is/was a good owner, but only when he was available. Number of players always increased when he was 'in'. Also, he didn't managed well his admins (and I won't talk about bad admins because I don't have enough info).

The good thing of this, we will have improvements (and I recover my full nickname  :D). I was afraid Jonne's work was going nowhere. It was years ago since last suggestion was 'officially' accepted/rejected on PTP.

style_n_elegance

Offline Destiny

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 06:05:22 pm »
Good Work Jonne!!

Offline Tricky

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 06:12:46 pm »
I talked about this new server in the main chat of the 'old PTP' (like: hey have you heard of the new PTP?). You know what happened? Everyone got muted and the main chat was instantly cleared. Admin said in full screen mode the old server is the original one and the others are a fraud, full of hacker scum. I got muted for 10 minutes. Do the PTP admins of both servers really hate eachother that much?

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 06:58:56 pm »
I talked about this new server in the main chat of the 'old PTP' (like: hey have you heard of the new PTP?). You know what happened? Everyone got muted and the main chat was instantly cleared. Admin said in full screen mode the old server is the original one and the others are a fraud, full of hacker scum. I got muted for 10 minutes. Do the PTP admins of both servers really hate eachother that much?

Moral of the story: don't ask people about this server on the "old" PTP :P

Can we have a topic that will list all server rules? But please don't include ridiculous ones like before

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »
Can we have a topic that will list all server rules? But please don't include ridiculous ones like before

Right, I still need to add that. I'll go through the rules with the admins first, so everyone is on the same page about everything, so it might take some time. For now, just stick with the /rules that you can view ingame.

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 08:47:34 pm »
finally something good happening in this community

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 02:57:50 pm »
I'm very glad that it's finally done now. Jonne probably should've gone his own way a bit earlier, but I understand that it was very hard decision. But, again, absolutely right one.

Unlike others, I don't think that "ptp with tenshi and lacerta become peace of shit". I believe that every admin sincerely tried to make the server better in a way he personally saw it. Like said one character in the very interesting book written by my compatriot, "There are no traitors or cowards. I'd rather believe in resurrection that in a man who is able to commit a crime". At first I thought that PTP followed the right course. Armor camping was really a problem, and armor fighting prohibition looked like a really good solution. But in practice it turned out that this solution causes even more troubles. So it was better to exclude some situation than to punish everyone who's causing this situation. More of it, armor spawn fighting became a good pretext to deal with "unpleasant" to some admin guys and girls. I don't really think that Lacerta and others are that bad, probably they really did what they thought worthy to make PTP better, probably they really thought that Finisher, Ahmed, Mia and many, many others are great threat to the server. The problem is that it is not true.

So Jonne and Quido quickly convinced me that multiple armor spawns are better solution. Me & Litt tested it, and it is absolutely playable. We can fight whenever we want, there's no need to think if we are too close to spawn or not etc. And we are always able to get armor no matter how many players from other team oppose us. Along with "extravagant" staff problems, that's a reason too to go separate ways from Tenshi's PTP.

As for me, though, the biggest problem of old PTP was the athmosphere on the server. The general line that was induced by some staff members suggested low communication culture merged with endless insults, flaming, intolerant to criticism, ignoring the voices of common players. I have never met less harmonious community that PTP one. Months have passed before I talked with the first player like with friend. This was the fountainhead of all other problems. And here we've got our chance to change it. I've missed a lot last time, but I tried to read most informative topics, I looked into chat and it seems that things are going way better now! As Jonne stated, it should be community-driven server. So we all, every player, have a chance to create a brave new server (in direct meaning, not in Huxley's one :D). Let's use it!

In the meantime it is obvious that what Tenshi have done for this community is engraved on stone chronicle of the server until the end of time. And we just continue what he started, and for what he lost interest/time/motivation to maintain in good state.

Thanks for reading (or not reading, doesn't mean too much  :P), I've vented my feelings. ;D

P.S. I was lucky to randomly look at PTP forum exactly in time when the separation started. I've saved most of the demotion statements (not Khali's and some other's ones unfortunately) because they were nice in some means, I liked the style. So if anyone want to read them, just PM me.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Miles

• Mod
  • Score: 37251
  • San
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 05:56:40 pm »
Wish I could see the new updates

Offline Tounsix

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »
Finally! I been waiting for this for a while! Count me back in!

Offline [RD]MecHaNiC

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 08:09:06 pm »
Good Work Jonne boi. :D