Author Topic: [Added]PTP's original rating system!  (Read 6311 times)

M a k a v e l i .

[Added]PTP's original rating system!
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
Posting on behalf of my brother,

I've read it carefully and the whole idea is brilliant, well done Mia! But I have to agree with Quido on this one.
Even more numbers than we got now right now.. Couldn't you guys just remove kills/deaths/ratio thingy.

Now I'll suggest mine, this wouldn't be hard to implement and certainly would change the way you play the gamemode. Just give me a chance.

Keep, President kills; President secures(To be added); President survivals; President deaths;

- This server is TDM right?
  • Killing president brings 1 point to your whole class and 2 points for the guy who took the frag. By failing you lose 1 point.
  • Securing the president successfully also brings 1 point for each player in police/swat and security class, including Vice president. By failing you lose 1 point.
  • President survivals gives you 2 points. Normally, if you get killed you lose 2 points aswell.
  • The only way for civillians to gain points is to kill the president. But instead of 2 points, for killing the president they get 1 point only.
    Reason why its 1 point instead of 2 : Failing to do the job cost 'em nothing.

- Sometimes I see half of the server is playing as security team (This is also a suggestion), lower that tolerance of reclassing to the other team.
VIPS should keep their advantage over the others, but make it reasonable. There has to be some limit.

Points = Kills

Benefits:

- Putting the President in center, this isn't "Team Deathmatch" but "Protect(kill) The President", with these changes it would be all about presidents.
- The only way to farm stats is to play the gamemode as hard as you can.
- By doing clan wars or any other bullshit besides playing the gamemode you are risking to lose points!
- Playing as president will be quite challenging and enjoyable especially with all the regulars around you.
- Clan leaders would change their goals for once and find much better way to compete.
- Gangbangs/Bullying/Revenge kills you would have to put aside if you want to succeed.
- This rating system would be unique, such as our gamemode. The game would be fulfilled.
- Nothing but  lot of fun, team play and trying to outsmart the opposite side on our way to victory.
- Real competing atmosphere where all individual/personal issues that you had with other players should now remain forgotten.
- Improving our gameplay since both sides would have various shooters now who dont fall for "WTF?! Bro I am not trying! wtf!?"
- Last but not least, giving more room to new players, to get to know about the gamemode and adapt by time. Instead of pushing them away off the server, while constantly farming kills on them, annoying them till they eventully quit!

Bad sides of it:

- Bunch of players moaning about losing their stats! Wake up suckers, these are just completely useless numbers! Numbers.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn *scratching his head* I can't think of anything else  ???

That would be it.
Special thanks to YoMama, guy who really knows how to play PTP, for inspiring me to think of this!
Aand my brother who shared thoughts, typed all of it   :D

Regards, WooG.zbi[O.B.Have]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:09:43 pm by Jonne »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: PTP's original rating system!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:48:51 pm »
That idea is actually awesome. Btw I dont think that civs should get any score for killing the president, because most of the civs will aim to kill him and this will make another class against the president.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:06:47 pm by Carg »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:53:24 pm »
I like your idea. It does seem like this would be far harder to farm than a damage-based scoring system like I was suggesting. Basically the only way to farm would be to kill newbie presidents, which is better than the current form of stats farming- killing newbies in any class. I think this is probably the best idea so far to try.

I'm not sure it accurately attributes contributions to the GM- for example, a two terrorists on an NRG and one kills the President with a combat shotgun. The person driving was at least equally important, but the combat shotgun person gets the credit. Or, as security, one person might do nearly all the hard work, like popping the terrorist's tires or whatever, and get all the credit. However, this isn't very important in the grand scheme of things.

- Sometimes I see half of the server is playing as security team (This is also a suggestion), lower that tolerance of reclassing to the other team.
VIPS should keep their advantage over the others, but make it reasonable. There has to be some limit.
I agree- the security team can get a little ridiculous. If anything, the terrorist team should always be larger.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:53:40 am by YoMama »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:02:02 pm »
I like it. It's a bit too simple though. Don't expect VIPs ability to force into classes (well, VIP features in general) to be limited in any way, we'll have to think of an alternative idea. My idea was to penalize oversized and overpowered teams with less points than normal.

Anyways, in spite of its simplicity this would still perfectly work. If you want something halfway between the current system and what I suggested, this could be what you look for.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:04:15 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline WooGlitza

• Score: Unknown
  • *Bling blaww burr*
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 02:22:19 am »
I'm not sure it accurately attributes contributions to the GM- for example, a two terrorists on an NRG and one kills the President with a combat shotgun. The person driving was at least equally important, but the combat shotgun person gets the credit. Or, as security, one person might do nearly all the hard work, like popping the terrorist's tires or whatever, and get all the credit. However, this isn't very important in the grand scheme of things.
Yes I was thinking of that myself! You see my idea is based on teamplay, you do your best and your whole team gets the point for killing the president. Rewarding the killer with an extra point is there to motivate them even more, and if your teammate, passenger uses combat shotgun, you will want to improve your drive-by then!

Or, as security, one person might do nearly all the hard work, like popping the terrorist's tires or whatever, and get all the credit. However, this isn't very important in the grand scheme of things.
The thing is,
It's a bit too simple though.
Exactly, there's nothing else you could do. You have to play the gamemode and I am sure most of the players would. So these situations, where one man does all the job, won't happen that often as it is a case now. Every player does his best, and everyone gets equally rewarded for helping their team to get the job done.

Now some guys may say "Hey I am going to work my ass off to protect the president while some noobs who just joined the server, roam around with no clue what they should be doing! And even worse if I manage to save the president they get eqaully rewarded..pfft *rage*  >:( "

- Well my answer is; so what a big deal?
Both teams will have a couple noobs as always, true. They may get points for doing nothing but those usually wouldn't be even registered, so?

-Now if you look on it from a bright side as I had; With this type of system I suggested, you will want to encourage new players to play the gamemode. Sometimes you will find teaming with randoms extremely useful, they could be even used as a bait. You will want them around the president all the time, that's for sure.

I saw many times players would just camp near spawn place for hours. Or they make  groupie and hunt 1-2 guys they disslike while barely anyone tries to kill the president.
In the system I am suggesting to you, doing such a thing would be pointless. And even if someone wants to be a bitch and just go do individual fights, there's a chance he is going to be asked by his clanmates to stop and help them play the gamemode so they dont lose any more points. I honestly believe this could fix the issues and make PTP much more challenging.

There are many amazing players that really know how to put up a good fight, but most of you don't even know about it because your clans were allies since WW2 and you don't want to shoot each other.
Which is absolutely wrong! That's why I think this is a good way to get rid of those lame shit routines/rules, and make everyone able to experience this game in the best possible way.
Without being worried about whole clans doing revenge kills on them later on. - cos this is exactly what happens to guys like me
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:01:11 am by WooGlitza »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:15:19 am »
-1 let ptp as it pls LEAVE IT ALONE :D
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline ANTIGANG

• VIP
  • You will never understand FREEDOM.Until you CAGED
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 08:38:52 am »
Posting on behalf of my brother,

I've read it carefully and the whole idea is brilliant, well done Mia! But I have to agree with Quido on this one.
Even more numbers than we got now right now.. Couldn't you guys just remove kills/deaths/ratio thingy.

Now I'll suggest mine, this wouldn't be hard to implement and certainly would change the way you play the gamemode. Just give me a chance.

Keep, President kills; President secures(To be added); President survivals; President deaths;

- This server is TDM right?
  • Killing president brings 1 point to your whole class and 2 points for the guy who took the frag. By failing you lose 1 point.
  • Securing the president successfully also brings 1 point for each player in police/swat and security class, including Vice president. By failing you lose 1 point.
  • President survivals gives you 2 points. Normally, if you get killed you lose 2 points aswell.
  • The only way for civillians to gain points is to kill the president. But instead of 2 points, for killing the president they get 1 point only.
    Reason why its 1 point instead of 2 : Failing to do the job cost 'em nothing.

Points = Kills

Benefits:

- Putting the President in center, this isn't "Team Deathmatch" but "Protect(kill) The President", with these changes it would be all about presidents.
- The only way to farm stats is to play the gamemode as hard as you can.
- By doing clan wars or any other bullshit besides playing the gamemode you are risking to lose points!
- Playing as president will be quite challenging and enjoyable especially with all the regulars around you.
- Clan leaders would change their goals for once and find much better way to compete.
- Gangbangs/Bullying/Revenge kills you would have to put aside if you want to succeed.
- This rating system would be unique, such as our gamemode. The game would be fulfilled.
- Nothing but  lot of fun, team play and trying to outsmart the opposite side on our way to victory.
- Real competing atmosphere where all individual/personal issues that you had with other players should now remain forgotten.
- Improving our gameplay since both sides would have various shooters now who dont fall for "WTF?! Bro I am not trying! wtf!?"
- Last but not least, giving more room to new players, to get to know about the gamemode and adapt by time. Instead of pushing them away off the server, while constantly farming kills on them, annoying them till they eventully quit!

Bad sides of it:

- Bunch of players moaning about losing their stats! Wake up suckers, these are just completely useless numbers! Numbers.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn *scratching his head* I can't think of anything else  ???

That would be it.
Special thanks to YoMama, guy who really knows how to play PTP, for inspiring me to think of this!
Aand my brother who shared thoughts, typed all of it   :D

Regards, WooG.zbi[O.B.Have]
Yes I like it
+1 maka

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 10:49:24 am »
+1

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 11:34:59 am »
Civils should not get any points for killing. And vice verse.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline WooGlitza

• *Bling blaww burr*
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 12:57:30 pm »
Thanks for sharing thoughts!

and this will make another class against the president.
Wouldn't that be great! Everyone goes after president! Some civs would certainly try to kill him, while some may protect. Also president's team is often bigger, especilly when VIPs chose to protect their clanmates/friends, some civs would be extremely helpful in these situations.

Civils should not get any points for killing. And vice verse.
Aha, but you like the whole idea in general?

I think how with this change, whole game would be different, and killing president would be much harder especilly for civs.
Civs won't stand a chance in close combat fights, so they would have to plan it from a distance, use helis, rustlers, everything they can, with all the regulars, VIPS around president, they would really have to work for it much more than anyone else. That's why I think they should be getting credits. I'm sure it wouldn't be usual thing to see presidents getting killed by civs, such as it is now.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »
From the 'ELO rating' suggestion:
This is an interesting idea, but I think this is a bit too extensive. I'd go for something a bit simpler, that could maybe replace the current scoring system (the scores you see when you press tab), since nobody really pays attention to those scores. Maybe in the long run we'll work something out like this, but I think it'll be closer to this suggestion.

When I get around to it, we can reopen this discussion, combine the best ideas from both suggestions and test it out.

Offline Nazi

• In this game,i will be the best.
Re: [Long term]PTP's original rating system!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 02:29:00 am »
Your suggestion is not bad at all
+1
Me vs All

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 03:38:17 am »
The idea is brilliant, but in my opinion, ptp is good as it is now, we don't need to make it more complicated as the new comers will not be able to understand the system, they will lose the idea of having fun in this server. I would agree if we add something similar to A/D, for example adding rounds. But na, leave it as it is.

I don't discourage you Makaveli, the idea is really brilliant, but i feel ptp should remain as it is.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 06:05:45 pm »
This suggestion was partially added with the scoring system (https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=4076.0).