Author Topic: [Added]Vehicle surfing changes  (Read 17964 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Surf thing
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2020, 01:44:48 am »
That was a smart move from you to piss off every player in the server to change there opinion,but you'll just loose players .
the current systeme is good.
If the current system is good, how can I "piss off" someone by strictly following it? We have a contradiction here, but the "pissing off" part is correct. This means that the system is not even nearly good.

Bruv you tried so hard to break the rule, even as an admin but you still didn't break any rules  ;)
You got it all wrong, Ice. I did not try to break the rule. In turn, Mia and I were playing in full accordance with the rules. Our point was to show that the current system is inacceptable, as it leads to the collisions of this kind. So, once again, I agree with Madman's, Ahmed's and Tochy's dissatisfaction and I fully understand it. I wish this won't be ignored.

so I want to suggest, since you brought out this idea, to disable surfing on the opponent team's vehicules for civilians
You see, Tochy, the new system was introduced because people were unhappy about the previous one, which was working exactly as you described.
I think that we need some third option. Like, a rule which the admins would be able to enforce and punish for breaking.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2020, 01:44:58 am »
I guess this rule only applies for VIPS and regular players...Staff members allowed to do it based on what I am seeing

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2020, 03:55:56 am »
New script solution is definitely better because it makes the case too obvious that some player is helping a player from enemy class (as seen in the altus/mia video). Disabling surfing has many downsides , as discussed previously , and is no way a solution to this.

It is clear cut that altus was driving mia around when he shouldn't be, easy for admins to realise and take action. This new script solution makes it easy for admins to enforce the "Don't help enemy team against yours"  rule. There's definitely admin involvement needed but atleast there will be no gray areas.

Offline [RD]MecHaNiC

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2020, 04:34:39 am »
Nvm.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:38:54 am by MecHaNiC »

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2020, 10:17:22 am »
Remove the system completely.

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2020, 10:18:47 am »
^

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2020, 11:23:41 am »
Yea, revert it back. And maybe keep this event as a precedent and if something similar to this happens again, the staff can deal with it properly. I am so confused about what it allowed and not allowed now. :v

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2020, 11:36:11 am »
+1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2020, 11:58:17 am »

+1

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:46 pm »

☝🏻

Offline IceBreaker

• ARR DEE ICE BEE
    • Rubber Ducks Clan
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2020, 02:06:58 pm »

+1, maybe admins should stop abusing

Offline Manish

• VIP
  • Love me or hate me. Either way I'm on your mind.
    • GgT
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2020, 02:30:25 pm »
Yes remove it... Why is it even there in the first place?

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »

+1, And then at least apologize or admit for mishandling the situation if it happens.

Decide on what is termed as "teaming up with enemies" and then let community know so they can follow.

From what I can see , script solutions(both) are not being liked by the majority.

Offline [RD]MecHaNiC

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2020, 04:36:58 pm »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2020, 09:21:03 pm »
Okay, we've been discussing this, what would be the best way to make a rule so that, the situation that Popcornz was in wouldn't be punished for, but the situation Altus and Mia are creating, would be punished for. An automated system for this would be way to complicated, so I think the best way to go here would be a rule:
  • If a civilian is actively engaged in a fight with a cop/terro, then subsequently escapes the fight with a teammate (of the person he's in a fight with), he'll be punished. With "actively engaged", we mean that the civ is involved in the fight, and is attacking and damaging the cop/terro as well.

The punishments will be issued through a warning system (which admins and mods can issue), which keeps track of your warning level, and will punish based on that:
  • First warning: Just the warning message (to make people aware of the rule and the consequences, this will show up in all other warnings as well)
  • 2nd warning: 2 min jail
  • 3rd warning: 5 min jail
  • 4th and all next warnings: 10 min jail

This warning system will also work for the rule I explained in my previous post:
  • If a team player is driving around with someone from the opposite team (non-civs), the person on top will be warned and pushed at first. Further incidents will be punished with a jail. We won't go further than a 10 min jail for this.

Now, I'd see this as an addition to the system, I don't think the system should have to go completely as it can still prevent blatant abuse of it (like cops/terros teaming up and attacking teammates), without needing an admin around for it (and I'm talking about the system we currently have, explained in this post: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=6150.msg54663#msg54663, not the original system).