Author Topic: Epic Staff  (Read 35637 times)

Offline EnGin

• VIP
  • Score: 6539
Re: Epic Staff
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2020, 06:45:49 pm »
Where are all the admins and mods btw, is your only role to wait for ban appeals and happy birthday topics? You have voices, you have experience, you are mature people please join discussions, state your opinions, let us know what you think, otherwise this looks like a witchhunt.

The mod gave some small advantage, I don't really consider the hitbox advantage because its really non existant, she was using a default skin on which you can easily determine the hitbox mesh. On the other hand the beta skins features do give some advantage which no one really can take in account, if they didnt know mia was using this mod.

People were first complaining about the advantages, Jonne came and told you all he made a mistake and apologised. Then suddenly its not about the advantages, but about Mia not telling Jonne about the advantages.

I can simply not request something to be done in such case, since I cannot prove wether Mia's intentions were to misinform Jonne about the advantages or not. Jonne knows enough to determine wether this mod gives advantage or not. He thought just because Mia had access to beta skins it won't be a problem to gave her green card. Jonne understood his mistake and apologised and proceeded with implementing appropriate changes.

Thank you, I was not able to see his post before.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2020, 07:21:19 pm »
Carg and skittles, that's a very wrong generalisation here that all players here "suddenly"  switched the discussion from just "mod advantage" to "Mia's approval from Jonne and her intentions" .

I won't speak for others, but I have always considered this topic , as the title suggests, a topic to discuss this case as a whole, which includes the Mod discussion, Mia's/Jonne's actions and Staff's responsibility towards clearing out mod related rules to the players. Jonne concluded his reply, and that answered almost all parts imo, but if some people still want to express on Mia's actions then I don't think it should be instantly tagged as hatred or 'changing the topic to point out someone' , which is what I assume carg is trying to imply.

I can see some people want to target them for personal reasons but even if they do, I don't think they should be ignored or discouraged to talk about it as long as they are adding something to the discussion.

I am staisified with what Jonne's answer and proposal, and consider it unfair to punish someone for using a mod he/she was allowed to use by a staff. However I do feel that being an admin you gotta be more careful and defer from such unannounced shady mods or anything that sets bad example and makes people question staff's fairness.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2020, 08:27:23 pm »
Carg and skittles, that's a very wrong generalisation here that all players here "suddenly"  switched the discussion from just "mod advantage" to "Mia's approval from Jonne and her intentions" .

I won't speak for others, but I have always considered this topic , as the title suggests, a topic to discuss this case as a whole, which includes the Mod discussion, Mia's/Jonne's actions and Staff's responsibility towards clearing out mod related rules to the players. Jonne concluded his reply, and that answered almost all parts imo, but if some people still want to express on Mia's actions then I don't think it should be instantly tagged as hatred or 'changing the topic to point out someone' , which is what I assume carg is trying to imply.

I can see some people want to target them for personal reasons but even if they do, I don't think they should be ignored or discouraged to talk about it as long as they are adding something to the discussion.
Well it does seem like it is like that. I don't say it's personal, tho I do understand those who make it personal. When the thing with popcornz happened, I made it clear to Jonne that I no longer trust Mia as a staff member, because the things she did there were just wrong. But right now, the things that happened cannot be categorized as her fault, at least not the things considering the mod. 

I am staisified with what Jonne's answer and proposal, and consider it unfair to punish someone for using a mod he/she was allowed to use by a staff. However I do feel that being an admin you gotta be more careful and defer from such unannounced shady mods or anything that sets bad example and makes people question staff's fairness.
Yes, I as well as everyone else didn't get notified about the allowance of this mod. I as well as everyone else think it should've been announced clearly. And this is the change Jonne brought, now every mod that is not mentioned in any of those topics should be considered illegal untill it is made a request to use it.

None of you have any right to bully jonne about the mistakes he did. He's spent so much time and money on this server, and you all come here and play for free. He even freely promoted everyone that was VIP on the old server to VIP here without any penny comming in his pocket.

I could tell you, having to deal with some edgy kids comming here and insulting you because you were given power changes people. This is the reason I became such asshole towards many of the players. I simply cannot ignore those players because I am PTP admin and I have to deal with all the problems the server might cause to them. We have many systems and when there are many players online its expected some of those systems to lead to unexpected results. Do you really think every staff member right now is something else than a human being? We do mistakes lol. Every day I get less and less interest in having to do my admin duties. It just gets to the point where I am ready to quit the server right away and never come back.

Good luck with trying make something out of this topic. The matter of this topic was already resolved. If you don't like how it was resolved you can either suggest some change in the suggestions section, or take the easy way out and leave the server because you  don't have the balls to stay and change the wrongs.

Offline IceBreaker

• ARR DEE ICE BEE
    • Rubber Ducks Clan
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2020, 11:41:10 pm »
If you don't like how it was resolved you can either suggest some change in the suggestions section, or take the easy way out and leave the server because you  don't have the balls to stay and change the wrongs.

We actually sent a letter to level 5s and Jonne about player's concerns and some suggestions on how to improve things signed by 60+ players, it was during the Popcorn thing and nothing came of it. If that wasn't taken seriously, what's the point.

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2020, 11:49:57 pm »
If you don't like how it was resolved you can either suggest some change in the suggestions section, or take the easy way out and leave the server because you  don't have the balls to stay and change the wrongs.

We actually sent a letter to level 5s and Jonne about player's concerns and some suggestions on how to improve things signed by 60+ players, it was during the Popcorn thing and nothing came of it. If that wasn't taken seriously, what's the point.
Well you didn't send it to me so I cannot answer your question.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2020, 12:06:50 am »

I think it just gone in the dust.. Maybe Jonne didn't tell to admins about that letter. But anyway, let's back on topic: "Epic Staff".

Topis is about "Epic Staff". Which is about Staff is being tricky with the silly behaves. We pointing our fingers to the Mia. Not her mods or not her friend Altus covering her ass all the time. I wanted to admins unlock here because we didn't get some point for Mia using silly mods.

This mod gives advantage, this is proven. Even it's not a huge advantage, she used to play with this mod and gained advantage for a long time with that tricks.

I don't blame Jonne for approving her mod to use in server long ago. Because she didn't explain him about the mod well or what was her purpose on toggling mod on/off ingame with the real trick of little skin hitbox + fast skin power.
She just told Jonne about it is skin changer for client mod. If I was Jonne, I would do the same. How would I know? But we can't blame Jonne or another person for allowing this mod.

I blame Mia & Altus for using this mod for a long time with the tricky gameplay giving advantage against PTP community players on purpose without letting everyone know about it. Kept it secretly for A YEAR. Maybe more than year now? This is not fair. They should get punished, especially Mia for making PTP Staff rep at lowest now.

I don't agree with Jonne by saying that "We can't punish Mia for the thing that I allowed long time ago. It was my mistake by allowing it at first time."
No Jonne, that was not your mistake. That was all admins mistake by taking them to staff team as a silly tricky behave still trying to gain advantage against players. What's purpose of being stats whore with silly game mods instead of playing game fresh version and doing admin duty without caring Kills/Death ratio?

This is the main problem. We are not voting to allow or disallow that tricky silly mod here. It is disallowed by whole community already. But we are still after to get some justice for that silly behave of Staff member Mia lost trust as a staff, gained advantage against whole server and kept it secret with his friend Altus until some PTP player found out she used that fast skin thingy. That's the problem we gotta solve.

Whole community got tricked. Not you Jonne. We respect you, but this mistake is not by you. Real mistake is she is not getting punishment.

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2020, 12:13:01 am »
And what punishment do you suggest she must receive?

And then on what reason?

And then how are you going to prove it?

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2020, 01:01:24 am »
Jonne didn't even use the mod but he already apologized for allowing that and he admitted that he made mistake thats why we should accept and respect that and im sorry for insults i went too mad, but what really matter is mia, she didnt even say "sorry" just look what you done, people now are suggesting to remove fast skins and other silly staffs, just for fuck sake apologize at least for jonne that will be enough for me and for others i guess.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:04:12 am by Hito »

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2020, 08:35:56 am »
It is no longer allowed, non of this was Mia’s fault. It was all Jonne’s, and he did disallow it and apologized for the entire community, you can’t demand anything else to be done!

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2020, 09:25:11 am »
Jonne didn't even use the mod but he already apologized for allowing that and he admitted that he made mistake thats why we should accept and respect that and im sorry for insults i went too mad, but what really matter is mia, she didnt even say "sorry" just look what you done, people now are suggesting to remove fast skins and other silly staffs, just for fuck sake apologize at least for jonne that will be enough for me and for others i guess.

Why don’t you start and apologize for Aimboting ?

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2020, 11:32:22 am »
I can't understand you Jonne.
on one hand you say that you did mistake, and let me be honest Mia cause that mistake,She don't tell you that this mod give advantage.
So the question why she hide that information from you??
You can trust her again that she won't do it again? and i really want to know that...

Thats what is the real issue at hand.

Good that mod is gone now. Mia could have gained some respect if she was honest & had apologized and moved on. But as we all know she had advantage on her side all this time (altus/mia/bully will disagree)

Anyways lets leave the final descision on Karma,
I have already said enough...its useless to discuss it further unless you have a lot of time digging graves and write long ass paragraphs.
Most of admins have more of less same opinion which aligns my words. This wasn't such a big deal to the amount of people making hue and cry . people writing longass paragraphs to prove mia guilty and all they wanted to see her punished .

Mod is forbidden now !! Mia cant be punished on basis of retrospective actions . Headadmin apologised !!
All i want to say in end.. come in game and lets protect the president for real xD Less talking more shooting is preferred.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2020, 01:02:45 am »

Why don’t you start and apologize for Aimboting ?
No

Offline Goldy

• VIP
  • Γαμω τη μανούλα σας
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2020, 06:28:20 am »

Offline Carg

• VIP
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2020, 08:52:58 am »