Author Topic: [IDEA] PTP Tournament  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
Re: [IDEA] PTP Tournament
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 05:03:18 am »
Very exciting, count me in too.

Offline Manish

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Love me or hate me. Either way I'm on your mind.
    • GgT
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 02:23:05 pm »
Sounds a good idea as long as the actual game-mode does not get affected.

Offline Jai_Kundu

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 03:41:31 pm »
This sounds fun and exciting! Count me in.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 03:42:32 pm »
This is perfect but there should be a team of two also!
Count me in btw

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:18 pm »
I don't get how you are going to prevent the rest of the server from taking part in the defence or attack so these teams can show their abilities with no interferences.
If you came up with that idea,maybe you can tell them?

Tell everybody in the server, including those who don't speak English and can barely communicate in their language, to refrain from playing the game?

I don't think this is possible, unless it's done in another virtual world or server, which seems complicated.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Rev

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 05:45:09 pm »
I'm sorry but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:01 pm »
Im in

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 06:48:10 pm »

I'm not surprised that most of the players are “excited”, I'll tell you why, they never get to play the game mode properly because you know.. Clan wars, friendships and asslickers. Those are the three excuses that stop the majority of ptp players to not follow their duty and this has been a downfall for a long time.

So I advice everyone to play with a purpose and duty. It will be more fun, and entertaining. The clans are a major pain in the ass but get over it.

I really hate it when terrorists ask in the main chat “Can I try?” “Can we attack?“ please, think about it. It's just like any other competitive game, you're not going to hell for shooting your friends in a game. Thanks for reading

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 08:20:09 pm »
I'm not surprised that most of the players are “excited”, I'll tell you why, they never get to play the game mode properly because you know.. Clan wars, friendships and asslickers. Those are the three excuses that stop the majority of ptp players to not follow their duty and this has been a downfall for a long time.

So I advice everyone to play with a purpose and duty. It will be more fun, and entertaining. The clans are a major pain in the ass but get over it.

I really hate it when terrorists ask in the main chat “Can I try?” “Can we attack?“ please, think about it. It's just like any other competitive game, you're not going to hell for shooting your friends in a game. Thanks for reading

Haha, that drives me bananas too...
Logically, this is the only and first chance for many people to play the game as it is supposed to be played, so I understand the generalized excitement. There's no doubt that killing the president while the skilled-regular cops shoot you is way more challenging and fun than facing only some weak resistance from a bunch of lost newbies. Not to mention this bunch of newbies eventually gets frustrated because they can't handle the regulars by themselves as half of their team refuses to shoot them.
Unfortunately, it seems that the objective is to get the highest possible ratio and enjoy the psychologic reward of a victory. Although I don't understand it, since it's an unnatural victory as long as you give up fighting those who are a challenge for you to focus on those who are no match.

Since I started playing like that, the challenging way, I haven't regretted it for a single minute. And I'm sure Altus and Fini would say the same. I hope this becomes a daily routine instead of an organized event one day.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:27:28 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Skittles

• Admin
  • Score: 16323
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »

Pwnt!

Offline style!

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 10:23:52 pm »
I don't get how you are going to prevent the rest of the server from taking part in the defence or attack so these teams can show their abilities with no interferences.
If you came up with that idea,maybe you can tell them?

Tell everybody in the server, including those who don't speak English and can barely communicate in their language, to refrain from playing the game?

I don't think this is possible, unless it's done in another virtual world or server, which seems complicated.

I don't see this as a big trouble. Both teams will have "interferences", no big deal since most of regular can beat 99% of newbies.

All I can understand is that you have been playing as Civilian(non duty class) for at least three years straight. You probably forgot what duty is, I might make it sound harsh but it's the truth.. If this was not the case, please explain to me what's really unique or new in your “idea”

So.. who really knows what duty is? you? oh! pls, then explain me then!!!

About what's new in my idea? It covers a feature that is not "avaliable" in game: /stats cmd doesn't focus on GM.

style_n_elegance

Offline MAR.

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 10:33:36 pm »
count me toooo !!!

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 11:03:01 pm »
First, thanks for your interest and favour to our Mafia game, style. I would be glad to see you among the participants if we start another round in the future.

But, in turn, I cannot unfortunately express any acceptance towards your suggestion. Seriously, basically you suggest to create a game to encourage the regulars to play the gamemode. What for are they supposed to be on the server? It should be even kind of humiliating for them: you treat them like they are not capable of self-organizing even to play the game how it was supposed to be, to be fair, entertaining and attractive to the most of the players (well, it is true, but anyways!).

For now I see this idea as something senseless, unnecessary and contradicting the metaphysical concept of our server. Sorry, but I am against this.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline M[A]DNess

• VIP
  • =
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 06:00:30 pm »
Im IN!
You've been Xmarked.