Poll

Remove /saw /sniper

Remove /saw and /sniper
Remove only/saw
Remove only /sniper
Dont remove it

Author Topic: Remove /sniper and /saw  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
Remove /sniper and /saw
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:14:56 pm »
Lets be honest here.
Why do we still have these weapons?

Chainsaw best short-range weapon.
Sniper Rifle best long-range weapon.

Most overpowered weapons in PTP and the main reason to donate. Lets remove it for good and let it be active only for winter for everyone. Its better atleast you wont get sniped or sawed until winter.
We still have rifles atleast they will be put into good use
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline nisou

• VIP
Re: Remove /sniper and /saw
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:27:02 pm »
decision have been made , no one of us voted , it wasnt up to us , there is a server owner who have ideas to keep the server alive .
#stop_crying_about_it

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:39:16 pm »
Nah, I don't think so this will be the right decision after all.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:33:15 pm »
I'm kinda neutral about this.
I did request them be given to everyone so the gameplay would be equalized.
Removing them would make the game equal again,as well.
But,I don't like when weapons are being removed at all.
Also,I'd rather say rpg is better than sniper at long range,if you're good with it,although we don't use it.
So,maybe I could support this,but I still want the weapons to stay,so,I'll be against this for now.
Let's see what others say.I might change opinion over time.But I doubt it.
Let's roll

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:17:51 pm »
Lets be honest here.
Why do we still have these weapons?

Chainsaw best short-range weapon.
Sniper Rifle best long-range weapon.

Most overpowered weapons in PTP and the main reason to donate. Lets remove it for good and let it be active only for winter for everyone. Its better atleast you wont get sniped or sawed until winter.
We still have rifles atleast they will be put into good use

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:09:32 am by Alaster_Namikaze »

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121326
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 03:22:38 pm »
Remove Saw +1

"Ahmed has just left PTP''

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 09:34:04 pm »
The only thing I want for this server, is that people enjoy playing it. For that to happen, we need to keep attracting players as I don't think anyone like playing PTP by themselves. It's not easy to attract new players these days, as there aren't a lot of them anymore (according to Kalcor, the SAMP playercount peaked back in 2013...). The last couple of months, we also noticed that the server was often empty or had a low playercount. Therefore, we started looking for solutions to keep the server alive as much as possible.

One of the biggest complaints we saw when people were leaving the server, was that this server was unfair, "pay-to-win", etc and that's somewhat understandable. The sniper and chainsaw gives you an advantage over regular players, there's no discussing about that. During the holidays, when saw and sniper were available to everyone, we also noticed more new players sticking around. The first year we tried this for a week, last year it was available for a month. We only got positive reactions on this.

You might think: "why are you only doing this now?" For the past couple of years, the server was funded by VIP purchases. The main selling point of the VIP purchases was the sniper and chainsaw as without this, a lot less people will be interested in buying VIP. So, if we did this back then, it could have meant that we wouldn't be able fund the server anymore. Now since I graduated and got a job, I am able to fund the server myself, so VIP purchases aren't necessary anymore. So, you're right, people won't buy VIP anymore (or a lot less people will), but that's no longer a problem.

Some people have also suggested taking away the sniper and the chainsaw. That's something we can't do. It was included in the VIP purchase, and we can't simply take something away that you paid for. A lot of people have bought it only for the sniper and the chainsaw as well. But, you didn't purchase the right to have an advantage over everyone else, so I don't see a problem with opening the sniper and chainsaw to everyone. You paid for the sniper and chainsaw, and you still have that.

I understand losing this advantage is not fun, but I can only hope people will see the positive sides to this, and realise we do this to make the server better, and help it survive in the long run.
That winds up your suggestion mate.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 09:43:19 pm »
removing them is a bit to harsh afterall a lot of people paid for them...

But instead of removing them from the Game we could make them spawn in diffrent locations around the map.. kinda like grenades and Armor

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:54:25 pm »
But instead of removing them from the Game we could make them spawn in diffrent locations around the map.. kinda like grenades and Armor
Where's the fun in that? You guys are still trying to downgrade lvl 0 and lvl1 players just because thay got access to sniper and saw directly. Seems like everyone's acting savage over others.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 10:01:56 pm »
Where's the fun in that? You guys are still trying to downgrade lvl 0 and lvl1 players just because thay got access to sniper and saw directly. Seems like everyone's acting savage over others.

I don t have a prob with that. I was for Sniper and Saw for everyone and they can still use these wepoans the only diffrence you have to find them to use them which would prevent a lot of armor camping and stuff like that

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 10:06:39 pm »
This is what you think but actually it will not happen but the thing that will happening is that the vips will keep dominating again like old times with sniper and saw on regulars and new ones. Thus creating the same issue back again. I think we all are fine with the agenda jonne made for us now. There will be no reverting of the decision.
I am done with this topic here. Cheers!!!

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 103363
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 10:32:26 am »
The only thing I want for this server, is that people enjoy playing it. For that to happen, we need to keep attracting players as I don't think anyone like playing PTP by themselves. It's not easy to attract new players these days, as there aren't a lot of them anymore (according to Kalcor, the SAMP playercount peaked back in 2013...). The last couple of months, we also noticed that the server was often empty or had a low playercount. Therefore, we started looking for solutions to keep the server alive as much as possible.

One of the biggest complaints we saw when people were leaving the server, was that this server was unfair, "pay-to-win", etc and that's somewhat understandable. The sniper and chainsaw gives you an advantage over regular players, there's no discussing about that. During the holidays, when saw and sniper were available to everyone, we also noticed more new players sticking around. The first year we tried this for a week, last year it was available for a month. We only got positive reactions on this.

You might think: "why are you only doing this now?" For the past couple of years, the server was funded by VIP purchases. The main selling point of the VIP purchases was the sniper and chainsaw as without this, a lot less people will be interested in buying VIP. So, if we did this back then, it could have meant that we wouldn't be able fund the server anymore. Now since I graduated and got a job, I am able to fund the server myself, so VIP purchases aren't necessary anymore. So, you're right, people won't buy VIP anymore (or a lot less people will), but that's no longer a problem.

Some people have also suggested taking away the sniper and the chainsaw. That's something we can't do. It was included in the VIP purchase, and we can't simply take something away that you paid for. A lot of people have bought it only for the sniper and the chainsaw as well. But, you didn't purchase the right to have an advantage over everyone else, so I don't see a problem with opening the sniper and chainsaw to everyone. You paid for the sniper and chainsaw, and you still have that.

I understand losing this advantage is not fun, but I can only hope people will see the positive sides to this, and realise we do this to make the server better, and help it survive in the long run.
finally something i understand.
VIP isnt for advantage its for helping the server and getting a pay back which is weapons
Little percentages of people think of buying vip to help the server
Alot think to get the pack ( weapons, skins, nitro, car tuning, etc).
You bought the VIP for these stuff.
and u still have them.
not to mension u didnt bought vip to get advantage over others. did u?
how well, let them have fun too.

talking bout my country,I usually start to play ptp at morning of weekends like saturday and sunday cuz i am free that time.
at morning ptp has like 2-3 players or sometimes none.Still after making saw sniper free People still
not play at morning
Making saw and snipers again for money (10 euro's or something) will make ptp die
however Jonne likes I'm done.  :-X
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 12:41:11 pm »
Lions,maybe your suggestion makes some sense,but...if we put snipers and saws somewhere else,people could be camping there if they come first and sniping the ones without them.That's hy the suggestion isn't so good.They'd focus on abusing others with camping and statswhoring instead of game mode. :P
Also...we could implement my idea.Spawns should have all available weapon classes,and players would approach them and pick the weapons they like.While the VIPs would have the advantage of saving chosen weapons right away.I think that's a good deal.And by having weapons on spawn - I mean,like,how they spawn in CJ's house after you unlock some of them,for example.I hope that's understandable.
Yeah,I suppose Jonne has a point,those guys donated and expected to get VIP benefits.Now everyone has them,and so do VIPs.But,if we excluded them from the game,it'd be as if they donated in vain (I mean,considering the benefits they expected).
And I disagree about player count.Almost everyday,when I join,we usually have 20-30 players,which is awesome.Not always a case,of course.
Let's roll

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 02:02:32 pm »
Alex pls stop drunking

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 09:22:02 pm »
Lions,maybe your suggestion makes some sense,but...if we put snipers and saws somewhere else,people could be camping there if they come first and sniping the ones without them.That's hy the suggestion isn't so good. They'd focus on abusing others with camping and statswhoring instead of game mode. :P
Exactly what I tried to say earlier before, that will trigger another level of stats/kill whoring and shity camping at that place in order to avoid players (regulars and new ones) to obtain one of these weapons. This is what something we all are avoiding as we want more players, attraction towards this server, reviving the actual player count like it was before.