Author Topic: Return To The Previous Damage System  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
Re: Return To The Previous Damage System
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 05:03:02 pm »
I suppose I'd like for this new system to stay, it's possibly better than the old one, if most of the issues can be fixed.
About impossible shots, I gotta complain about this stupidity of being shot while ducking behind a vehicle if your and the other player's screens are not synced, that shit needs to be fixed, otherwise it's going to be totally unfair.
So, I suppose, -1 for this one. If everything can be fixed, that is.
Let's roll

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 05:07:20 pm »
None of the two versions of skinhit are perfect, but I find the new one to be much more buggy/inaccurate.

Sure some hard laggers were harder to hit before, although once you learn the hitboxes, get to shoot a little bit more in the back when needed, even those who lag are easy to deal with. The biggest issue for me was how players were abusing fake car entry, which could've easily been prevented with a script.

But now we have death fall animation which stops not only players but the fucking vehicles, damaging them. If you drive a car and a players die in front of you they create an obstacle, this is really troublesome especially when you are president and trying to make your way through. Already happened to me a couple times.

Drive-by passenger bug which in combination with this ridiculous amount of damage you get from spas, is freaking annoying. The only way to deal with the player is to come by and use saw on him. Which is almost impossible if the player knows how to fight back.

https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5453.0, Drive-by (which was the main thing to do in PTP, back in the lagshot days when DB duels were much more popular than the ones done on foot ) is often useless, sometimes your bullets go right through the player, sometimes it locks on the bike instead of a player, it is extremely inaccurate and unfair the way we have it now.

Numerous delays where players are sometimes able to hit you through a wall, like what in the actual fuck is that. We literally have wallbangs now as if it was counter strike.

Explosions deal much more damage, range is increased and lagshots are far behind from where these used to be. Sometimes rustler explodes 50 meters in front of you and you still die from it..

Even saw sometimes appears to be bugged and doesn't deal damage at all.

Players sometimes get stunned from sniping sometimes not, it's not accurate as it used to be and somehow happens randomly now.

Damage coming from the shotguns, slow animations, broken delays, the list goes on.. It's completely different from the majority of what SA:MP servers have, the game mechanics are completely changed and those let's call 'standards' that were there for the past years are gone now. I'm sure PTP is not gonna see it's better days (this game in general), so what's the whole point of keeping it like this, especially if so many players disagree with it.

Therefore +1 for the suggestion.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:11:50 pm by M a k a v e l i . »

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 119472
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 12:03:46 am »
Bump
Makaveli Explained it ( I was too lazy)

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 04:31:17 am »
Nope, I dont want to lose inbuilt wallhacks..

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 12:08:57 pm »
We will not be returning to the previous damage system. I will look into the bugs you mentioned, but I think they can mostly be fixed. I think the advantages by having this system (I described some of them here: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5256.0) far outweigh some of the bugs it has. So, we'll do our best to fix those bugs, but we won't just throw away the entire system just for a couple of bugs it has.