Author Topic: Any plans for an open.mp PTP?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Any plans for an open.mp PTP?
« on: November 07, 2022, 08:21:57 pm »
Not only is it likely the future of this game, but getting PTP on there sooner would make us one of the few early adopters and expose the server to people who either haven't seen it or haven't bothered in the past. At the moment, there's just a single roleplay server advertising that they run it. It's the perfect opportunity to be the only game in town for all the people who would rather play something fun on open.mp. I'd be happy to help out as a currently unemployed software engineer :-)

Offline DaddysGotMilk

• Score: Unknown
Re: Any plans for an open.mp PTP?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 09:56:51 am »
The second, open.mp launches officially, there will be a hype of just barely around 10k players and it will just come back down to same playerbase as SA:MP in few days, maybe weeks? Let's try just a month?

Open.mp is a failure, it's not gonna last a single month. SA:MP didn't die just because Kalcor ( SA:MP Founder ) left. It was dying when he was still taking care of SA:MP.

It's just almost 2023 man, it's been almost 19 years, everyone's bored of this game, there are better games. I mean i know there are few thousand people who still likes this game, even we do like it, but we're just bored, gotta move on mate.

You can do the shit you want, you cannot revive this game anymore. Even if you bring back Kalcor, There won't be any more happy days for you, just keep enjoying these last few years with 20+ players and that's it, done.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 12:14:15 pm »
The second, open.mp launches officially, there will be a hype of just barely around 10k players and it will just come back down to same playerbase as SA:MP in few days, maybe weeks? Let's try just a month?

Open.mp is a failure, it's not gonna last a single month. SA:MP didn't die just because Kalcor ( SA:MP Founder ) left. It was dying when he was still taking care of SA:MP.
Not really sure how you know any of this for sure. I'd love to have the confidence you have to make such prognostications about a project that has already continued in development for several years and has such a sizable number of contributors, considering the admittedly niche group of people interested in it.

It's just almost 2023 man, it's been almost 19 years, everyone's bored of this game, there are better games. I mean i know there are few thousand people who still likes this game, even we do like it, but we're just bored, gotta move on mate.
I don't think many people play San Andreas or other classics like Smash, Goldeneye, Battlefield 2, TF2, etc. for modernity. They're in it for the gameplay, which doesn't age the same way. I've never played a game that replicates the feel of PTP in full swing: in what other game can you ram an object just right to get on top of a building while 20 people are chasing you, shooting from bikes, cars, ambushing, kamikaze-ing, ramming, helikilling, dropping nades from planes, etc.? Yeah, it's not what I play every time, but when I'm feeling shitty or I just want to have fun and chat with virtual friends I've known for almost half my life, I connect to PTP. It's been 13 years for me, and I'm still playing and hanging with friends from when I started.

You can try to be SA:MP Nostradamus all you want, but I don't see any of this being a reason not to give this gamemode and community a better chance of survival. I strongly believe that this game is objectively excellent, but it just doesn't have the players at the moment to show what it can be and has been in the past. If open.mp is the future of SA:MP for all flavors of San Andreas and PTP is one of the few servers on it when it comes online, even if there's only initial hype around open.mp there's a better chance that PTP can ride that wave and have a lasting revival so that we and maybe even a newer generation can still enjoy it.

Offline DaddysGotMilk

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 06:31:41 pm »

Not really sure how you know any of this for sure. I'd love to have the confidence you have to make such prognostications about a project that has already continued in development for several years and has such a sizable number of contributors, considering the admittedly niche group of people interested in it.

I don't think many people play San Andreas or other classics like Smash, Goldeneye, Battlefield 2, TF2, etc. for modernity. They're in it for the gameplay, which doesn't age the same way. I've never played a game that replicates the feel of PTP in full swing: in what other game can you ram an object just right to get on top of a building while 20 people are chasing you, shooting from bikes, cars, ambushing, kamikaze-ing, ramming, helikilling, dropping nades from planes, etc.? Yeah, it's not what I play every time, but when I'm feeling shitty or I just want to have fun and chat with virtual friends I've known for almost half my life, I connect to PTP. It's been 13 years for me, and I'm still playing and hanging with friends from when I started.

You can try to be SA:MP Nostradamus all you want, but I don't see any of this being a reason not to give this gamemode and community a better chance of survival. I strongly believe that this game is objectively excellent, but it just doesn't have the players at the moment to show what it can be and has been in the past. If open.mp is the future of SA:MP for all flavors of San Andreas and PTP is one of the few servers on it when it comes online, even if there's only initial hype around open.mp there's a better chance that PTP can ride that wave and have a lasting revival so that we and maybe even a newer generation can still enjoy it.

Open.mp is not the future of SAMP nor it ever will be. There are so many other games that died but others did not come up with it's future like "open Vice City.mp" "Battlefield Hardline.mp" ;D because they knew that once something is dead, it is dead. This is not PUBG where you got millions of bullets into the head and you still can be revived.

I'd be happy to help out as a currently unemployed software engineer :-)

Talking about the quote above. Mr Unemployed Software Engineer, if you really want to keep this server alive, why don't you make one yourself? I mean if you're a software engineer, i am expecting that you have learnt C or C++ so pawn won't be hard for you and taking Plan B server into consideration which is pretty basic, i think it'll just take you a month or two to clone everything and maybe teamup with your latin friends and make it even faster and then you can make it full Spanish aswell.  ;)

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 08:59:18 pm »
No way he tried disrespecting YoMama, anyways YoMama dont mind the 12 year olds, great idea man :D
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD