Author Topic: Plan B  (Read 98210 times)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Plan B
« on: August 07, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »
Hi all,

As you may have read, me and some other admins have left PTP. This will be our new server, independent of PTP. We left because we were tired of the way PTP was being run. Pretty much everyone got ignored, Tenshi just did what he thought was right (which was mostly nothing at all), without listening to anyone else. What I want to accomplish with this server, is to create a better alternative for the PTP community, where we'll actually listen to your input. So, if you think something is wrong with the server, or something can be improved, just make a suggestion. This can range from scripting suggestions to rule suggestions and so on.

Abuse was also a problem in PTP, but in this server, we will not tolerate any abuse. If you have any reports on staff members, they won't just be removed, we will look into it and investigate it. We won't promote people to admins just because they're friends of us. We'll do it like we did before, admins can suggest people, level 5's will have the final decision. This is how we always got the most capable people to be admins, and we'll keep it like this.

Once again, we're not moving here just because we want more power or money or something. The only thing we want is to create a better alternative for the community, not a server riddled with bugs and where you've got to wait half a year for something small to get fixed. Everyone is welcome, admins that were admin in PTP, can be admin here if they want it (except a few, of course, that's part of the reason why we're doing this), VIPs in PTP can be VIP here. No bans will be carried over (we don't have that database), so if you were ever banned, consider this a new chance (but if you do get banned again, we will take your history in account before making a decision). This will be a community-driven server, so if you ever think something is wrong with the server, or something should change, just tell us, we will listen.

A last message to Tenshi, I'm sorry it has to happen this way, but you've left us with no other option. I want to thank you for everything you did for this community, kept it alive for all these years, even if it went downhill these last years. You're part of the reason this community is still alive, it could have ended even before I started playing. But, it's 2016 now, over 10 years after PTP started, and people are still playing this game and that's mainly because of you. So, from all of the PTP community, thank you.

I can't think of anything else I should say here, so if you still have questions, just post them under here.

Jonne
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:55:38 pm by Jonne »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Re: Plan B
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »
Awesome! it was time for something like this to happen :)
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 07:32:46 pm »
I knew this would come ever since the Beta was getting more players than the original. Jonne you're awesome, keep up the good work man. And thanks for this new PTP!

* Finisher is back home<3

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • Score: 67011
  • GgT <3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »
Keep it up 👍👍

Offline Yash

• VIP
  • Score: 2448
  • “Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.”
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 12:18:54 am »
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: How's Kencer
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: deadman?
#PlanB.Echo* [32] VIP Chat [RZ]Deadman: ?
#PlanB.Echo* [10] VIP Chat Schottky_BiB: yash is asking how are you
#PlanB.Echo* [9] VIP Chat SatviK:  XD
#PlanB.Echo* [14] VIP Chat Quinn: Xd

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 01:59:32 am »
This is great. Keep up the good work, Jonne!

Offline Punch.

• VIP
  • Score: 2684
  • ~
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 02:10:35 am »
Thank you, Jonne!

Offline JCannon

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 02:32:00 am »
Thanks for all of the work.  :) If I want to donate, will I be able to through this new site, or how would I go about it?

Offline Rev

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 02:35:59 am »
Support.

Offline SwirlyMan

• VIP
  • "I cannot be good. I must be perfection."
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 06:48:56 am »
Good Work! ;)

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 10:14:06 am »
The only thing i can say - it is not the best idea to split ptp community. This is not 2009, when there were 100+ players.

On the other hand, admins can see the situation from another point.

What i can recommend - do not make ptp v2.0. Make just another server with protect the vip gameplay. Another maps, hints, rules etc.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Onii

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »
The only thing i can say - it is not the best idea to split ptp community.

ptp with tenshi and lacerta become peace of shit, regular player almost not come, server go down. When was problem admins cant handle with this, and ppl tired from bullshit some stuff. Best what possible was did, its save ptp community in new place.

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »
happy to see all the changes happening here (the sugestions - the new things in ptp ..)
you took the right decision :) .
hope to see ptp back to normal again .

Offline Gablo

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 06:00:07 pm »
The only thing i can say - it is not the best idea to split ptp community. This is not 2009, when there were 100+ players.

On the other hand, admins can see the situation from another point.

What i can recommend - do not make ptp v2.0. Make just another server with protect the vip gameplay. Another maps, hints, rules etc.

I think it's a good idea, we already can see the difference. The new server borught the old and regulars players back and it has more players than the ''other''

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 06:34:50 pm »
Revolution!