Author Topic: WHY?!  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
WHY?!
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:39:22 pm »
Just give me one valid reason why president should not fly ruslters/shamal.

The reason should be not this: Just becuase you are good at flying doesn't not mean everyone is good at it.

JUST ONE VALID REASON.
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31972
  • Quack
    • Discover Tunisia
Re: WHY?!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
Just give me one valid reason why president should not fly ruslters/shamal.

The reason should be not this: Just becuase you are good at flying doesn't not mean everyone is good at it.

JUST ONE VALID REASON.
Rustlers got guns , OP
Shamal is too fast , OP

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »
Maverick can fly: OP
Vortex and fly and swim: OP
People are good at hydra: OP
People got guns: OP
People can play: OP
People know games: OP

Does that really mean something?
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Lizard_Person

• VIP
  • Score: 9026
  • A rehabilitated retard
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »
remove all vehicles = problem solved
Safe for work content only. Done with that retard shit.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:05:28 am »
Rustler can be easily shot down idk why he cant fly atleast that.

Or add a map where presi and other shitty secs can normally play an air assault mode.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 07:53:44 pm »
I'll give you three valid reasons instead:

1. Very few terrorists have fun trying to reach a president that constantly relies on speed to survive. This is a game, so fun is a relevant factor to be considered.

2. There is a team called security whose only duty is to protect the president. If the president relies solely on speed or, even worse, on dogfighting to survive, the relevance of this team becomes questionable. President is supposed to be someone who needs protection, not an independent self-sufficient Rambo.

3. It's disproportionatelly easy for the president compared to how hard it is for everyone else involved.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 07:02:24 am »
I'll give you three valid reasons instead:

1. Very few terrorists have fun trying to reach a president that constantly relies on speed to survive. This is a game, so fun is a relevant factor to be considered.

2. There is a team called security whose only duty is to protect the president. If the president relies solely on speed or, even worse, on dogfighting to survive, the relevance of this team becomes questionable. President is supposed to be someone who needs protection, not an independent self-sufficient Rambo.

3. It's disproportionatelly easy for the president compared to how hard it is for everyone else involved.
A good security will always try to catch up, I do understand your point that it gets boring for most people who can't fly or have no interest in chasing but THAT should be the new challenge. Right now I see no new action unless there's any smart president and good enemy team to get him down.

I'd suggest we allow president to fly when there's more than 20-25 players in the server.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138973
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:25 pm »
Rustler can be easily shot down idk why he cant fly atleast that.

Or add a map where presi and other shitty secs can normally play an air assault mode.

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 04:20:09 pm »
Good idea +1

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 104238
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:05 am »
Good idea +1
President: Run!
Security: Dont run Mr.President terrorists will reach in 15 minutes on their foot.
Terrorists: Fuck this server I hate it.
Terrorists: RQ!
*Terrorists rqed.
President: EZ!
President: This server is EZ Game.
*President was killed by a civillian.
Civil: EZ, I had running speed hax GG!.
Motherfucker: Hi Guys i am new :).
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 09:06:33 am »
Rustlers got guns , OP
So do Predators, a Dodo with a passenger, and FBI Ranchers covered with security people. The difference here is that it only takes one person to shoot a Rustler down, two if they're good. Can you say the same about the Rancher?

Shamal is too fast , OP
I actually agree with this, to an extent. It is not impossible to shoot a Shamal down, but anyone with a reasonable strategy can make it very difficult. However, it's still possible with one plane, and I shoot Shamals down on a regular basis with Rustlers. It's definitely possible with a sniper. I think it should be allowed for NSA, where Shamals have no chance against Hydras.

If you rely on speed to survive, a good terrorist will kill you. You need more than that. The problem is that some terrorists would rather play Red vs. Blue or kill new players instead of taking on the more satisfying challenge of playing the gamemode and chasing the President.

Either way, what about the people who enjoy flying? Is their fun somehow not as important as people who are hardly playing the gamemode anyway?

It only takes one person to shoot down another person. Security people are extremely important for a flying President. Rustlers don't have rear-facing guns. Someone has to cover the President's ass, particularly if there's more than one terrorist flying. Even if the President can beat one terrorist in the air, he probably won't beat two on his own. Attempting to be dogfight also involves taking a huge amount of risk, which you can just pile on to the high risk of crashing regardless. You're making it sound like the President can just take everyone down magically on his own-- even if that were true, why wouldn't that apply to terrorists? You never propose a situation where a "Rambo terrorist" comes in and destroys everyone, but you apparently have this vision of a President who is near-invincible and does just that. It can't go either way? It doesn't matter what class you are in a Rustler-- same skills. This makes no sense.

...and how is that the case? It rarely takes me more than a minute or so to shoot down a President in a Stuntplane, which can actually be harder to shoot down than a Rustler. Again, you're endowing the President with magical flying abilities that the other classes apparently lack. It is disproportionately dangerous to fly, anyway. A lot of the time I fly as the President, it ends in me crashing into something, providing I fly for long enough. I also get shot down.

Also, this is a pretty shitty argument, given that you have been involved in a significant percentage of the times I have been quickly and efficiently shot down either as the President or as a security flying the President. As you know, all it takes is teamwork, which isn't the responsibility of the President to produce (how about enforcing duties?).

Not beating up on you here, but really, pretty much everyone who actually flies and knows what they're doing with aircraft and/or dogfighting thought it was ridiculous when the President couldn't fly anything, and they still think it's ridiculous that he can't fly Rustlers. Meanwhile, people who hardly fly kept repeating points that were pretty hard to accept; this is still happening. I don't think of you as someone with a lot of flying skill, yet you are very authoritatively making statements which authorities on this topic would likely disagree with. As the cherry on top, you even repeat statements that have been debunked in previous topics.

Just as I would defer to someone with more skill than me in discussions on the finer points of foot combat in this game, I ask you to defer to people who have more flying skill in these discussions. I'm not saying you can't have valid points, but when we directly contradict your statements, it's not like we're more likely to be bullshitting. Those of us who know a lot about flying and want the President to be able to fly more aircraft don't have an interest in biasing the game in our favor, we just want a fun and perfectly fair part of the game to be available for enjoyment as part of the gamemode, as it is in many other servers. There are no VIPs in a Rustler. Everyone is on a level playing field. Unless you want to start limiting other parts of the game just because some players have skills that other players haven't developed (in which case, limit NRGs and other things too), in my opinion there is no particularly good reason to limit Rustler use.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:18:33 am by YoMama »

Offline ZigZag

• Score: 5214
  • ~ThuG
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 09:42:20 am »
Main reason is "President is not a Pilot, He didn't even know how to start the planes." That's all problem solved.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 02:05:22 am »
Main reason is "President is not a Pilot, He didn't even know how to start the planes." That's all problem solved.
He's also not a professional driver, a sprinter, or a shooter, yet he is allowed to do all those things...

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 04:44:28 am »
There are times when president has to escape bad, 2-5 minutes should be allowed on air and 2-5 minutes on water, this should balance the shit.

Offline Brian_Walker

• VIP
  • H e L L o
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:52 am »
Give President hydra and unlimited health
Problem solved :-\
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:14:03 am by Brian_Walker »
Life is to short to play Samp